What's new

Your Wacky Worm Count.

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
Having picked up another 16 this year so far, thanks France, I'm now up to 64, or 5.51%.

51528275479_f44456bf75_z.jpg

And that's how I feel about it (the train, not the apple).

DelPiero

Strata Poster
I'm up to 29 out of 514 creds. Wouldn't say that's too bad, 5.6% is nowt. If it gets up to 10% then I'll admit there is a problem.

rob666

Hyper Poster
As a fifty odd year lifelong coaster geek, I still have a great deal of work to do to comprehend certain aspects of this hobby.
Why, why, go on childrens rides, many times, to boost a meaningless count, when you could be riding all the decent coasters in a park instead?
Qualitative Vs quantitative.
The logic just isn't there for me.
Not big, not clever...and I just love this particular topic.
Shame on all of you!
For ever!
(And I only did Octonaughts at the Towers because it was the only coaster open on my last early doors entry...honest.)

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
As a fifty odd year lifelong coaster geek, I still have a great deal of work to do to comprehend certain aspects of this hobby.
Why, why, go on childrens rides, many times, to boost a meaningless count, when you could be riding all the decent coasters in a park instead?
Qualitative Vs quantitative.
The logic just isn't there for me.
Not big, not clever...and I just love this particular topic.
Shame on all of you!
For ever!
(And I only did Octonaughts at the Towers because it was the only coaster open on my last early doors entry...honest.)
I keep trying to read this post, but I keep getting stuck on the phrase “meaningless count.” Did you mean to put those two words together?

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
With the movie coming out, I’m ready for a 300-foot Dune-themed Wacky Worm now.
This is one of my favourite things for many, many years 😂

Yup.
Meaningless count.
As in...Not Worth Counting, and Why Count Anyway?
I think you're one of the few people in this hobby, born with the stony-hearted sensibilities of a Victorian.

Start by not counting Worms, then realise that all clones don't need to be counted and eventually walk the true path of "I have no idea how many coasters I've ridden". Die alone, surrounded by cats, hoarding nothing but dusty memories and postcards of dead British seaside towns... It's the only future worth considering.

rob666

Hyper Poster
I have a three legged dog (see left, and notice he has chewed the door behind his left ear), he hates all cats, so no cats.
I do have a number of dusty old books on seaside resorts, and I have ridden many costers that simply aren't there any more...Belle Vue, Southport, Camelot, Morecambe, even Shiley Glen (apparently) and I have walked the true path of not knowing how many coasters I have been on, for the last fifty odd years, and I feel fine.
Good luck to all of you that like to count, but shame on all you wacky worm riders who do so just to boost the numbers.
The Ghost Train at Blackpool is more of a coaster than a wacky worm.

rob666

Hyper Poster
This is one of my favourite things for many, many years 😂

I think you're one of the few people in this hobby, born with the stony-hearted sensibilities of a Victorian.

Start by not counting Worms, then realise that all clones don't need to be counted and eventually walk the true path of "I have no idea how many coasters I've ridden". Die alone, surrounded by cats, hoarding nothing but dusty memories and postcards of dead British seaside towns... It's the only future worth considering.
You missed out the cupboard full of old Wild Mouse wheels from Blackpool, anti roll backs, upstop mushrooms, and full set of matching Big Dipper wheels, train and carriage noted.
I still weep for the Reel.

davidm

Strata Poster
Yeah why not haha!

It looks pretty box-fresh. Some Coaster-count sleuthing tells me it's owned by Euro Rides Asia Ltd.

I think it's back at the TC for a "Tinsel Town" event - if not then its another one - ha ha!. The spinning mouse is there too - which was there for the Halloween event. Might wander up next weekend to have a look ;)