What's new

Your Wacky Worm Count.

Rob Coasters

Hyper Poster
On the flipside, I just rode Wacky Worm #13 at the Wonderland event at Lakeside Shopping Centre. I don't even remember the name of the ride, so until I find out, the ride exists in my spreadsheet as "Achterbahn 1".

It was two hours there and two hours back, and I was gone five minutes after arriving at the fair. Skipped the flats against my will because I wasn't feeling up for them.

The shopping centre shut for the day anyway at that time, and for absolutely no reason I skipped the food options at the fair (which was open for another three hours) in favour of going back home. Because of that I had to resort to a BLT scamwich at the nearby Tesco Express where I learned a real life example of bait and switch.

Tomatron

Giga Poster
This happened about a month ago now but I've been busy AF so not had time to post until today.

Hit Wacky Worms 96-100 in Poland & Berlin last month.

96 was at Zatorland in the fresh new area full of giant insects.
WW 96.jpg

97 was at Energylandia.
WW 97.jpg

98 was at Twinpigs. It stalled halfway cos it hadn't been run in a week and needed lubing up. Luckily I was the only person in the park so no member of the public had to see this happen.
WW 98.jpg

99 was at JuraPark jurapark Krasiejów. It has a Wacky Worm and a load of plastic dinosaurs.
WW 99.jpg

And the Wacky Worm milestone of 100 was at the Maientage Fair in Berlin.
WW 100.jpg

My quest is at an end. I am now retired from driving hours and hours just to get that extra +1, when I could better spend the time having a lie down.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
I got a less iconic, but equally round, 10th Wacky Worm at the weekend (Happy Caterpillar at South Parade Pier in Portsmouth).
They make up about 3.5% of my count now, as opposed to the almost-4% they made up when I rode my 9th. Progress!

Rob Coasters

Hyper Poster
Quick update: Reached 21 Wacky Worms with four over the month of July. This is 15.2% of my current count, which is highly concerning.

My July Worms:

-The 'mr. operator had a microphone and was really enthusiastic towards the riders' one (Leisure Island Fun Park)

-The 'you have to awkwardly walk through a caravan holiday park to get to it where you feel a bit out of place because you're not staying there' one (West Sands Fun Fair)

-The 'you have to cross the station to get to the operator booth, which as a result featured the first ever time my shoes made contact with track, well at least a part of the track that was explicitly designed to be stepped on at least' one (Coney Beach Porthcawl)

-The 'you can really smell and feel a burning lift motor at the top of the lift' one (Croydon Summer Beach Festival)

redheadedRobin

Mega Poster
I've only ridden 1 wacky worm (Ortobruco Tour at Gardaland), and it would make about a 2,44% of my credits. It's the only one I've encountered since I started counting credits, but to be fair I'm sure I've ridden at least 2 or 3 while drunk in some funfairs.

Swoosh

Mega Poster
1. Worlds of Fun
2. Lake Winnie
3. Adventure Crossing
4. Old Town
5. W.G. Wade Shows
6. Modern Midways
7. Santa’s Village Azoosment Park
8. America’s Fun Park
9. Sonny Acres Farm
10. Alabama Adventure
11. Family Kingdom
12. Lost Island
13. Niagara Amusement Park
14. Riverview Park
15. Myrtle Beach Grand Prix

Inverting_Thrills

Mega Poster
I've been fortunate enough to have never ridden a Wacky Worm, in fact I can't say that I've ever seen a Wacky Worm. I've ridden a few Dragon Wagons, but never a Wacky Worm.