What's new

Walibi Belgium | Kondaa | Intamin Mega Coaster | 2021

Enil

Roller Poster
Work has resumed after the winter break 😍
Seems like they are doing lots of terrain works around the queue line, good to see! If you look closely you can also spot green speakers on the ground. It’s hard to tell, but are the wooden panels around the last bunny hills supposed to be fencing around the ride or are they just stored there until they’ll be used elsewhere?

Coasterwaffle

Roller Poster
Good to see them back working at the site again. I really missed getting updates so I am really happy that they are going further with all the work. I am curious to know what they are doing in the station at the moment. It is also great to see that they placed speakers in the queu for some entertainment.

Coasterwaffle

Roller Poster
Wow, in this new zone there will be a total of 16 000 trees and bushes
@ThrillsExpress was first

JoshC.

Strata Poster
I expect the non-inverting cobra roll (can we call it a hognose roll?) to be the one respite moment of the ride. The first couple of elements have strong airtime, in theory, and the element happens just before the half way mark of the ride. Having it as a calmer moment (whilst still hopefully offering nice laterals), means that the second half of the ride the airtime moments still feel fresh.

A bit like how Taron's mini s-bends before the second launch. They're a slower moment compared to the rest of the layout, but are a bit of respite whilst still offering some moments. Just scaled up a bit.

Projektion

Mega Poster
It still looks like it might have a ways to go speeding up yet since it looks like it's still coming to a stop pretty early on the brakes before the retractable fins.

Enil

Roller Poster
Idk man...still looks like it is crawling to me through the cobra roll
It does still look kinda slow, but with each test run it seems to speed up. The whole element takes about 12 seconds to complete right now, compared to around 10 seconds on Intamin's animation. That animated POV looks like it has great whip so I definitely think this will ride faster than it looks. I'm also sure that this'll match the animation speed when it has completed testing.

Trax

Hyper Poster
If you look at the shots when it hits the brakerun , you can clearly see that it is running slower than intended. The newer Intamins usually don’t get „stuck“ on them for several seconds, but hit the drive wheels (or lowered fins) at a good timing to not slow down to a near stop.
Really interesting to see, that there appear to be no breakfins with the option to be lowered though, which were in place at Taiga and Taron to be able to transition more quickly onto the drive wheels.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
If you look at the shots when it hits the brakerun , you can clearly see that it is running slower than intended. The newer Intamins usually don’t get „stuck“ on them for several seconds, but hit the drive wheels (or lowered fins) at a good timing to not slow down to a near stop.
Really interesting to see, that there appear to be no breakfins with the option to be lowered though, which were in place at Taiga and Taron to be able to transition more quickly onto the drive wheels.
There are? You can see the fins lower in the video by Walibi Band.