What's new

Walibi Belgium | Kondaa | Intamin Mega Coaster | 2021

bob_3_

Giga Poster
With al those video's and comments it will be so hard to not overhype this coaster, the hype and expectations for this is so big that if it meet that expectations this will be sure on of the greatest that ever excist.

I think as well, we havent had an Intamin mega coaster in Europe since 2002, and even if you consider outside europe they're still a rarity. Then add to the fact one of them was considered the best steel coaster in the world for a while...then Intamin's recent track record and fantastic new restraints. Everything is there for this so be a really important milestone coaster for europe. I may be added to the hype here, but I just wanna say, it is warrented.

But as a result, I wouldn't be surprised if it splits opinions when it opens.

Coasterwaffle

Roller Poster
I haven't ridden EGF but it ranks for most people in the top 10 of the world. Obviously we don't know yet but the elements look better on Kondaa, the positive parts looks stronger in strength and it has crazier elements than EGF overbanked turns. And Kondaa has more airtime hills and we don't know which one is stronger in strength but kondaa has more variety in airtime which gives it the edge to me. That is why I think that Kondaa is one of the best coasters in the world, maybe even the best.

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
I think as well, we havent had an Intamin mega coaster in Europe since 2002, and even if you consider outside europe they're still a rarity. Then add to the fact one of them was considered the best steel coaster in the world for a while...then Intamin's recent track record and fantastic new restraints. Everything is there for this so be a really important milestone coaster for europe. I may be added to the hype here, but I just wanna say, it is warrented.

But as a result, I wouldn't be surprised if it splits opinions when it opens.
We did have Hyperion, but I haven’t heard that one ever raved about to be honest.

Louis Heyvaert

Roller Poster

This video from Theme Park Magic really proofs walibi is aiming to open this thing as soon as possible.. I was listining to a podcast from ochtend in pretpakland yesterday. It was an interview from 2017 about the 5 year plan whit Marc Guffens the old marketing director of the park and he said that Walibi always aims for opening new rides as soon as possible so fingers crossed this monster (literally and figuratively) will open when themeparks are allowed to open again. (So people pls stay in youre house so we can beat this virus asap so we can go back to our favorite themeparks)

cookie

Giga Poster
Seems like with every week of testing it shaves off about two seconds between once the train drops off the lift and it hitting the brakes, so it is indeed running faster.

Is there someone riding it at the front or is that just a different coloured water dummy? Can't really tell.

Enil

Roller Poster
Seems like with every week of testing it shaves off about two seconds between once the train drops off the lift and it hitting the brakes, so it is indeed running faster.

Is there someone riding it at the front or is that just a different coloured water dummy? Can't really tell.
I went and watched some test runs yesterday, they have removed a dummy in the front for an accelerometer or other test equipment. They ran 3 slower test runs with the lift hill on half speed first and then they started to test on full speed again. I didn’t stay until it was warmed up fully but it did run very fast already :)

Attachments

• 336D2852-DC66-4931-A16E-9EF1CD29D0F2.png
    336D2852-DC66-4931-A16E-9EF1CD29D0F2.png
    611.5 KB · Views: 83
Last edited: