What's new

Europa Park | Voltron | Mack Rides Stryker Coaster | 2024

At the Blooloop V-Expo, Michael Mack anounced that Europa Park will get 5 new rides, at least two new themed areas and a brand new rollercoaster for 2023 putting an end to the 7 year drought of new creds at the park ! (Cancan doesn't count :p)

Finally they seems to go back on track after the Piraten fire and Covid ! I hope some fantastic stuff and theming by looking at the recent additions in the park

Thinking about it logically through what themed areas and new attractions could be:
5 New Attractions - New 2023 Coaster and Svalgurrok (Rulantica - 2021/2022) is the only ones thats revealed so far. If anyone has any theories or suggestions on other new attractions and where they'd go then please share cause I'm stuck. Maybe a Euromir refurb will be counted as a new attraction (depending on how big the refurbishment is)

2 New Areas - New country for the coaster in 2023. I don't think the Rulantica expansion for 2021/22 with Svalgurrok counts so again, any guesses on where and what is getting redone or removed for it?

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Well Svalgurok (summer 2021) is part of Rulantica's current series of 4 investments (along with Hyggedal, Snorri Snorkeling VR + Snorri's Strand kids area) and doesn't count to the 5 EP additions.

A refurbishment and/or retheme of Adventureland with the Jungle Rafts boat ride on the lake has been in works for ages. The plans were delayed by the Batavia fire, and especially given the criticism the park has had online recently for this area's racist depictions I'd imagine its the next project we shall see in 2022.
I'm guessing its a retheme and this is 1 of the 2 new themed areas. If Michael Mack is counting rethemed rides as "new" then the Jungle Rafts is 1 of our 5.

Then the other new themed area is obviously the one which will be home to the 2023 coaster behind Greece and Russia. Themed to an Eastern European country, rumoured to perhaps be Romania/Transylvania. Together will the coaster I'd guess there might a support ride or 2 also in the area?

After the 2023 coaster + area its believed the long discussed by management renovation of Euromir will take place. If as with the Eurosat 2.0 project the Russia area in general gets refurbished, then hopefully the awful Schneeflocken dark ride will be rethemed (like the wonderful retheme of Universe of Energy to Madame Freundenreich with Eurosat). If Newromir + a rethemed Schneeflocken count as new rides then you've already got 2 for the total as well.

Who can say for certain though. If some of these refurbishments/rethemes don't count then we may be seeing other additions squeezed in elsewhere along the way. One speculated/wished for change by some fans is something for the Luxembourg Plaza to replace the rotating theatre and Rulantica exhibit underneath Foodloop.

Last edited:
Well Svalgurok (summer 2021) is part of Rulantica's current series of 4 investments (along with Hyggedal, Snorri Snorkeling VR + Snorri's Strand kids area) and doesn't count to the 5 EP additions.

A refurbishment and/or retheme of Adventureland with the Jungle Rafts boat ride on the lake has been in works for ages. The plans were delayed by the Batavia fire, and especially given the criticism the park has had online recently for this area's racist depictions I'd imagine its the next project we shall see in 2022.
I'm guessing its a retheme and this is 1 of the 2 new themed areas. If Michael Mack is counting rethemed rides as "new" then the Jungle Rafts is 1 of our 5.

Then the other new themed area is obviously the one which will be home to the 2023 coaster behind Greece and Russia. Themed to an Eastern European country, rumoured to perhaps be Romania/Transylvania. Together will the coaster I'd guess there might a support ride or 2 also in the area?

After the 2023 coaster + area its believed the long discussed by management renovation of Euromir will take place. If as with the Eurosat 2.0 project the Russia area in general gets refurbished, then hopefully the awful Schneeflocken dark ride will be rethemed (like the wonderful retheme of Universe of Energy to Madame Freundenreich with Eurosat). If Newromir + a rethemed Schneeflocken count as new rides then you've already got 2 for the total as well.

Who can say for certain though. If some of these refurbishments/rethemes don't count then we may be seeing other additions squeezed in elsewhere along the way. One speculated/wished for change by some fans is something for the Luxembourg Plaza to replace the rotating theatre and Rulantica exhibit underneath Foodloop.
I think that is probably what should happen. Jungle Rafts rethemed and/or redeveloped should definitely be interesting especially with the potential of that ride. A Transylvanian Mack coaster (maybe an Extreme Spinning Coaster with elements like a beyond vertical drop or a loop launch - Not as bad a G Force at Drayton Manor - would be lovely) and a Euromir refurbishment is absolutely on the cards in my opinion.

So, summarising all that:
New areas -
• Adventureland rethemed
• New area (2023)
New rides -
• Jungle Rafts retheme/redevelopment
• New 2023 rollercoaster
• Euromir refurbishment
• Two new support rides in the new coaster area

I'd say that's amazing for the park overall and I'd be happy with that

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
If they simply refurbish EuroMir and don't just scrap it they'll have made a huge mistake. It's awful. Spiral lift is BY MILES the best bit.

Replace that **** with a new Xtreme Spinning Coaster. You can keep some of the iconic themes of EuroMir, but just bin the old, dated and rubbish ride hardware.

ward0210

Roller Poster
Are there any rumors of what will happen to Adventureland?
Will it keep the African theming? Will It be rethemed to a European country?

With the lake, it could make a pretty interesting themed area!

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Are there any rumors of what will happen to Adventureland?
Will it keep the African theming? Will It be rethemed to a European country?

With the lake, it could make a pretty interesting themed area!
We enjoyed chilling out in adventure land, it’s naturally very pretty, spacious and relaxing, hope they don’t change it too much.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
If they simply refurbish EuroMir and don't just scrap it they'll have made a huge mistake. It's awful. Spiral lift is BY MILES the best bit.

Replace that **** with a new Xtreme Spinning Coaster. You can keep some of the iconic themes of EuroMir, but just bin the old, dated and rubbish ride hardware.
And keep the insane Gs-packed helix finale!

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Euro-Mir bashing makes me sad. ?

So, this new coaster for 2023. Any predictions on model, size, thrill level? Are we talking another Baa-a-a Express, or a Silver Star beater? What else do Mack make that Europa Park doesn't already have? The only models I can think of are Big Dippers and Xtreme spinners, neither of which fills any obvious gap in their line up, although I suppose an Xtreme Spinner would be different enough from Euro-Mir to be marketable, maybe?
Sadly I don't think the planning authority or the locals would tolerate anything on the scale of Silver Star again, certainly not in terms of height anyway, so I think we can safely rule out a Mack hyper.
Or can we?
I dunno. It'll be an interesting one to watch develop, that's for sure.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
With rumours going round at one point that the BigDipper was meant to be able to have vertical drops (that was the expectation for Dynamite at Plohn at one point), I guess they could install a BigDipper take on the dive machine. With Mack efficiency and enough blocks it could get a throughput suitable for the park.

EDjanaika

Mega Poster
So are we saying that Euro Mir will be refurbished potentially 2022/23 winter season or maybe throughout the 2022 season or maybe 2022 will be it's last year in it's current state?! I can maybe see a Scotland area being added to the park or Wales potentially!

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Euro-Mir bashing makes me sad. ?

So, this new coaster for 2023. Any predictions on model, size, thrill level? Are we talking another Baa-a-a Express, or a Silver Star beater? What else do Mack make that Europa Park doesn't already have? The only models I can think of are Big Dippers and Xtreme spinners, neither of which fills any obvious gap in their line up, although I suppose an Xtreme Spinner would be different enough from Euro-Mir to be marketable, maybe?
Sadly I don't think the planning authority or the locals would tolerate anything on the scale of Silver Star again, certainly not in terms of height anyway, so I think we can safely rule out a Mack hyper.
Or can we?
I dunno. It'll be an interesting one to watch develop, that's for sure.
Major coaster, Blue Fire beater says Michael Mack (as he considers that the best coaster in the park). Nothing as tall as Silver Star would be tolerated ever again, but the Macks have stated LSMs allow for more thrills low to the ground so I wouldn't be surprised if we are looking at a Multi-Launcher of some kind.
For the sake of the village I imagine height would not exceed that of its neighbours Poseidon and Euromir.

So are we saying that Euro Mir will be refurbished potentially 2022/23 winter season or maybe throughout the 2022 season or maybe 2022 will be it's last year in it's current state?! I can maybe see a Scotland area being added to the park or Wales potentially!
No. Euromir won't be touched until the 2023 coaster is finished and open. So whether that means for 24/25 we get Newromir who knows.
Certainly though comments from the park and Macks point to a Eurosat style renovation of Mir. So wishes for a complete removal and replacement with an Xtreme Spinner sadly seemingly won't be happening. "Because its a park icon..."

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
I don't think EP has ever removed a ride, just added more and more and more.

Euro Mir holds a great deal of nostalgic value for a lot of people. I went in september and it still had a 10-15 min queue frequently, and with it's enormous throughput that's a pretty good hold up on a relatively quiet midweek day in september. Speaking to my non enthusiast family about it being potentially on the chopping block, they all hated the idea.

If they were to do something with it, I'd hope they'd keep the ride up to the first drop, and then anything after that is fair game for change. it's not a trip to Europa Park without spinning in the dark listening to the theme song for 5 mins, and then spinning around the towers on the outside.

I think it's a mistake for people to look at Mack's back catalogue of products for their future addition. EP is the showcase park for their rides. Blue fire was the first coaster to feature those revolutionary cars, and the first Mack launched. Arthur was the first of it's kind too. Their new coaster will be the same. Maybe we'll see a Mack Inverted?

EDjanaika

Mega Poster
I don't think EP has ever removed a ride, just added more and more and more.

Euro Mir holds a great deal of nostalgic value for a lot of people. I went in september and it still had a 10-15 min queue frequently, and with it's enormous throughput that's a pretty good hold up on a relatively quiet midweek day in september. Speaking to my non enthusiast family about it being potentially on the chopping block, they all hated the idea.

If they were to do something with it, I'd hope they'd keep the ride up to the first drop, and then anything after that is fair game for change. it's not a trip to Europa Park without spinning in the dark listening to the theme song for 5 mins, and then spinning around the towers on the outside.

I think it's a mistake for people to look at Mack's back catalogue of products for their future addition. EP is the showcase park for their rides. Blue fire was the first coaster to feature those revolutionary cars, and the first Mack launched. Arthur was the first of it's kind too. Their new coaster will be the same. Maybe we'll see a Mack Inverted?
That would certainly be something as Arthur was a powered suspended coaster that sins which is awesome definitely and one of the best family coasters in the world!

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Mack have trademarked "Adventure Park Europa", APPARATUS OMH" and "TRANSFERATOR OHM". And the last two have sent people into speculation overdrive as there may be potential links to the 2023* project.
*Considering they are going through an unexpected second and much longer shutdown at the moment who knows if it hasn't been again delayed.
IMG_20210328_143349.jpg

IMG_20210328_143352.jpg

IMG_20210328_143350.jpg

The park have been recently releasing books which tie into the storytelling worlds they are creating. There's been two based on Rulantica the water park. And currently there is a series based on the Adventure Club of Europe (their version of Disney's SEA). This fictional organisation ties together stories of rides in the park (Voletarium, Madame Freundenrich, new Piraten in Batavia and Rulantica) and will be the basis for future projects and rethemes.

The ACE book series is described on their website as based on current and future attractions in the park. The first 2 books have dealt with Batavia and Voletarium. The 3rd book is released in Autumn 2021 and its synopsis teases it will be set in Croatia and feature a phantom of the underworld that is said to live in the catacombs under the Zagreb theater. The four ACE Scouts when in the underworld also come across an apparatus built by Nicola Tesla (who was from Croatia).

E2AFDD21-0DB3-44F3-BD5A-9D286BB69B5E.jpg

This has all created quite a speculation buzz among fans - alongside Romania, Croatia is the other most often rumoured country the new themed area in the park might be (supposedly Michael Mack has always been keen on it since his wife is from there).

The mention of catacombs brings to mind another rumour about the new area over the years; that Traumatica's mazes would be permanently housed in the area's basement level.

And last but not least the area's main attraction the new coaster - there have been rumours it will actually be duelling coasters. Michael Mack's remark a couple years back (as posted earlier in this thread - Link) about the ride featuring a couple kms track have only added to that speculation.
The duel OHM names of Apparatus and Transferator - potential names of the coasters?

Who knows. Might all be some crazy coincidences. Maybe some other Telsa/electricity themed attractions will be in whatever Adventure Park will turn out to be (My guesses would be another resort midway attraction beside YULLBE and Eatrenalin. Or a FEC. Or ACE based Adventure Land retheme?).

But if not - we may see Croatia come to Europa Park and Apparatus and Transferator are our long waited new Mack Coasters. Hopefully later this year we might find out more, and if 2023 is still on the cards - see construction begin.
Source

Last edited:

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
While yes Ohm was German. I imagine the electricity theme and names link to the Telsa Apparatus in Croatia in the story.
The 3rd book is released in Autumn 2021 and its synopsis teases it will be set in Croatia and feature a phantom of the underworld that is said to live in the catacombs under the Zagreb theater. The four ACE Scouts when in the underworld also come across an apparatus built by Nicola Tesla (who was from Croatia).