What's new

Universal IoA | Jurassic World VelociCoaster | Intamin Blitz | 2021

Matt N

CF Legend
I’m definitely more excited for this than Iron Gwazi, personally. Iron Gwazi still looks absolutely amazing, but I think that this is such a long ride, with such a wide range of different elements, that it should be something else when it’s open!

I’m sincerely hoping I can get back to Florida in 2022 and ride this and Iron Gwazi, amongst some of the other new stuff in the state!

Ethan

Strata Poster
I definitely agree, this is much more exciting. I do wish it was a tad faster but it's early days and from the looks of it those trains are empty!

ScottLann

Mega Poster
I definitely agree, this is much more exciting. I do wish it was a tad faster but it's early days and from the looks of it those trains are empty!
I'm sure it'll run much faster once it's opened and I think it will feel much faster when you're actually on it. It's often hard to judge how fast coasters will feel when viewing them off-ride.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Yep, off rides don’t necessarily tell the full story. I think it looks fab. Although these Intamin bad boys are ace with all the launches, inversions and whatnot, but for me the interaction with the terrain is what does it for me. Think Maverick through the “canyon” or basically all of Taron.

Jcoasters

Mega Poster
The heartline value of the trains is greater, than say, Maverick or I305. Also, the seats are further apart. Therefore, they can't execute rolls as fast as earlier models. This disadvantage comes at increased rider comfort and sense of freedom. This means that, if they were to re-design I305 with these trains, the fast transitions would have to be slower in order to achieve the same G forces. I doubt they designed this ride to have as many laterals, but keep that in mind when watching with the new gen trains.

Last edited:

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
This ride has rendered Disney completely pointless in my mind
giphy.gif

ScottLann

Mega Poster
Although I hope it's fast, I'm not bothered if it's not CRAZY fast. The reason I'm hyped up for this is simply because a thrill coaster like this hasn't been themed as heavily as it is. If Hagrid's is anything to go by, this thing will be World Class. This could (I'm sure it will) become Universal's most iconic coaster. At the moment I'd say the Hulk is (I'm from the UK and most people I know associate Universal with the Hulk :) )

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
I believe this isn't at their full speed. I hype this coaster a lot! The last time I was this hyped of coaster construction was back in 2017 when Steel Vengeance being built
I too really suspect they are purposely underlaunching - good to set the baseline as they break in the ride!