What's new

Energylandia | Abyssus | Vekoma Shockwave+ | 2021

Tom P

Roller Poster
I agree, I love lech but it’s not even in the same league as Zadra, and not even as good as Hyperion in my opinion.

But to suggest it has more ejector than Zadra and Hyperion, as the poster above has, is just frankly ridiculous!!!
I did not state it has the most ejector, but the strongest....I am a regular visitor to both parks, rode all three a lot and that's how I feel about them

Last edited:

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
I did not state it has the most ejector, but the strongest....I am a regular visitor to both parks, rode all three a lot and that's how I feel about them
I don’t know if that was supposed to invalidate my opinion, but I have been to Poland 5 times this year already, and spent multiple days on park each time. (Chances are we’ve crossed paths if you visit Mon to Thurs at all...) I’ve actually spent more time in Polish parks this season than British parks, but hey, your dick’s bigger than mine I guess ??

Ejector is not subjective, it is a measurable force, as in negative G, Lech is not ‘Stronger’ than Zadra or Hyperion...Of course I don’t have the numbers to hand to back that up, but I would be VERY surprised if I was wrong!

Nitefly

Hyper Poster
Just to pipe in, I road Lech today (specifically from 6pm onwards) and the ejector was consistently ****ING MENTAL. There are at least four moments where I was utterly propelled up into my vest restraint. In fact, the ride was so good, I’m currently struggling to see how anything else could possibly beat it...!

I write this at Western Camp at Energylandia, so we’ll see tomorrow which coaster gets the prestigious Nitefly blessing of the number one ride.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Just to pipe in, I road Lech today (specifically from 6pm onwards) and the ejector was consistently ****ING MENTAL. There are at least four moments where I was utterly propelled up into my vest restraint. In fact, the ride was so good, I’m currently struggling to see how anything else could possibly beat it...!

I write this at Western Camp at Energylandia, so we’ll see tomorrow which coaster gets the prestigious Nitefly blessing of the number one ride.
We should have met up for a drink, Me, @Liam williams and @Katieb were there also, have been since Monday.... Home today...

Lech is an AMAZING coaster, but Zadra it is not!!! :)

Trax

Hyper Poster
Before it got „trimmed“, Lech had the most intense airtime I ever experienced, but my 2019 ride was quite disappointing. Still a good ride, but nothing special.
It would be great if Abyssus can get close to the old Lech Airtime, that would be insane, but it does not appear to be that crazy. Still, it looks like a very good ride, even in one of its first test runs. The big 3 at the park will all be great coasters in their own way.

Tom P

Roller Poster
I don’t know if that was supposed to invalidate my opinion,
Nope, not what I meant at all, just wanted to stress that I rode all three coasters on multiple days, in various different conditions so my opinion is not based on one visiti which might have been a fluke....and in general I have always found airtime on Lech the strongest of them....I suppose let's agree to disagree and as this thread is about Abyssus I'm not going to discuss this anymore....

James F

Hyper Poster
It's going to be a little strange walking through that heavly detailed theming back into the centre of the park with no theming whatsoever, but credit to them for going the extra mile with this and Zadra.

The pacing looks solid from here and I'm sure it will be quite an intense ride.

Sent from my SM-A217F using Tapatalk

Nitefly

Hyper Poster
Posting from outside Hyperion with a beer!!

I’ve been on all three (Lech, Zadra and Hyperion£ now plus Expedition GeForce - I’d say the most extreme moments of ejector have been on.... GeForce, to the point of bruising thighs!

The most ejector and airtime... I really don’t know. It’s almost too close to call. I will say the most consistent and comfortable airtime was on Lech. That was just unbelievable with the amount of bum out of seat moments. Maybe the planets aligned for some god like rides but I can’t believe it could possibly run any faster...? I greyed-out every ride and borderline blacked out on another!

Me and wife are both in agreement that the most intense was either GeForce or Lech. These were both end of day rides, mind. Let’s see how I get in with Zadra later!

As for Zadra, I’m wondering if height is a contributor? I’m pushing 6’ 2” and whilst it was undoubtedly a seriously good ride I found the thigh and shin restraints a touch uncomfortable tbh, and I’ll take the Lech restraints a million times over.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Posting from outside Hyperion with a beer!!

I’ve been on all three (Lech, Zadra and Hyperion£ now plus Expedition GeForce - I’d say the most extreme moments of ejector have been on.... GeForce, to the point of bruising thighs!

The most ejector and airtime... I really don’t know. It’s almost too close to call. I will say the most consistent and comfortable airtime was on Lech. That was just unbelievable with the amount of bum out of seat moments. Maybe the planets aligned for some god like rides but I can’t believe it could possibly run any faster...? I greyed-out every ride and borderline blacked out on another!

Me and wife are both in agreement that the most intense was either GeForce or Lech. These were both end of day rides, mind. Let’s see how I get in with Zadra later!

As for Zadra, I’m wondering if height is a contributor? I’m pushing 6’ 2” and whilst it was undoubtedly a seriously good ride I found the thigh and shin restraints a touch uncomfortable tbh, and I’ll take the Lech restraints a million times over.
Don’t think Height is a factor, as I’m 6’3” But Trax has told me in PM that they keep playing with Lech... (Wheels, Wheel Cooling, Trim Brakes) so it could be that I’ve been unlucky with Lech...

However time of day makes a huge difference with Zadra, that double down late on is insane later in the day...

Also, to be fair to Lech, all my rides have been early, I have on each visit hit Legendia for the first few hours then finished the day at Energylandia... Just not enough to keep me there all day :(

Christian

Hyper Poster
From the tests footage Abyssus dosnt look like a Lech or Taron to me. It's more like Helix. Slower but still an incredible ride. Though we havnt seen any launch footage yet so it might be really quick.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
It looks like a taller, longer, slightly faster, much better themed version of Formula.

Of the double launch coasters out there, Helix is probably the best comparison, though the launches might feel a bit more powerful.

Not a bad thing at all. But yeah, it does leave Formula as a bit of a pointless ride now.

The second Junior Boomerang doesn't cause issues like this, since they're comparable in basically every way, so it can be a simple either-or thought process for most. But Abyssus vs Formula, there's only ever going to be one winner.

Christian

Hyper Poster
They should speed up the first lauch. That seems very slow. Also is it going to have a separate load and unload station or just a normal station? The station looks really long if you compare it with the lenght of the train, so separate load and unload stations seem possible.

Trax

Hyper Poster
The first half looks like most of Tarons, quite slow and not very intense. But Taron has at least a decent airtime hill and a tunnel in its first half, Abyssus really seems to crawl. I assume it will still deliver some airtime in places, but not a good one.
Overall, it really feels like they took the idea of Taron with a slower first and a more intense second half and turned it up a notch.

We should keep in mind that coasters will speed up over time by a few seconds, though it will likely get a little bit better. Still, the first half feels forced to me.

Nitefly

Hyper Poster
We should have met up for a drink, Me, @Liam williams and @Katieb were there also, have been since Monday.... Home today...

Lech is an AMAZING coaster, but Zadra it is not!!! :)
Ah sorry mate I missed this. Yeah if I had been paying attention maybe that could have worked out, although I think you maybe you had left before I arrived... not entirely sure! Maybe next time :)