What's new

Flamingo Land | Sik | Intamin 10 Inversion Coaster | 2022

oriolat2

Giga Poster
giphy.gif
Why? Besides this being a clone the first drop will instantly be better than Colossus as it's better shaped and steeper.

UKCoasterFan

Mega Poster
On a side note: I was pleasantly surprised with Olympia/Munich Looping this weekend at Hyde Park Winter Wonderland. Perhaps one of the best sit down coasters with inversions I've done (better than Colossus I'd say). Looking at the stats I was also surprised that Olympia is actually taller and much longer than the Intamin 10 inversion ones, I would have guessed it at about the same length to be honest after riding Colossus several times.

catsounds

Mega Poster
Why? Besides this being a clone the first drop will instantly be better than Colossus as it's better shaped and steeper.
possibly unpopular opinion but Colossus' drop is imo the best shaped drop in the UK, instead of meandering down half the drop getting off the chain, you have a B&M-like pre drop and the drop itself when you get to it gives the only gut-wrenching drop in the park (If not considering the fall of Stealth's top hat)

I haveb't been on the newer versions of the aktr/colossus/etc but the Colossus drop looks better than the newer imo

Ethan

Strata Poster
possibly unpopular opinion but Colossus' drop is imo the best shaped drop in the UK, instead of meandering down half the drop getting off the chain, you have a B&M-like pre drop and the drop itself when you get to it gives the only gut-wrenching drop in the park (If not considering the fall of Stealth's top hat)
... Have you been on Saw? I'd say that drop packs a punch, possibly more so than Colossus. Also, I love how you added a photo of Colossus, because nobody on an enthusiast site would know what Colossus looks like ;)

I would agree though that the drop on the original Intamin 8/10 loopers looks far better than the new ones, but that's just me. I imagine on the back row it would ride very nicely though!

Boodangy

Mega Poster
possibly unpopular opinion but Colossus' drop is imo the best shaped drop in the UK, instead of meandering down half the drop getting off the chain, you have a B&M-like pre drop and the drop itself when you get to it gives the only gut-wrenching drop in the park
The new models have a fast intamin mega-lite style cable lift rather than a chain so there's none of that disengagement action with the chain.

Dar

Hyper Poster
According to RCDB it's going to be 10 feet taller, at 108ft! I know what you mean though, it's not helped by the fact a lot of pictures are looking down at it from a slight incline

Peet

Giga Poster
I like how the first drop goes under the second-to-last corner instead of over it like Colossus - it should give a nice headchopper moment.

Matt N

CF Legend
Part of the reason it might look smaller than Colossus is because the drop doesn't stay high for as long as Colossus' does; I definitely think that having that turn before you drop down on Colossus does give the illusion that it's taller. I think this one might be a more thrilling drop to ride, though; Intamin does some really good snappy drops these days, and with the lap bars, you might even get some airtime in the back!

Rob

Mega Poster
Just a thought on the £20million figure - I agree with everyone else that it cannot be correct - even new I’m pretty sure this couldn’t cost that much. What I’d speculate is that this is an ‘investment worth’ £20mil, not to say they actually paid that.
For instance, if I were to buy a second hand car worth £5k, but only paid £500 for it, it’d still, just about, be an investment worth £5k.
Personally I’m pretty excited for this. Even if it is just an off the shelf design, it’s still the first Intamin outside of Merlin, and surely that’s something worth celebrating.

Last edited: