What's new

IOA | Hagrid's Motorbike Adventure | Intamin LSM Launch (Dragon Challenge replacement)

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I can't possibly see this running 14 trains. Tron only runs 7 (which are the same size as the trains on this btw), and that has a dual station as well as separate load/offload platforms. I heard 5 from somewhere, although that seems a little low, but 14 I think is insane. Although I am unsure on how the loading/unloading process will work, but 14 trains is a lot. Where did you about hear this @tomahawk?

Matthew Fair

Mega Poster
I can't possibly see this running 14 trains. Tron only runs 7 (which are the same size as the trains on this btw), and that has a dual station as well as separate load/offload platforms. I heard 5 from somewhere, although that seems a little low, but 14 I think is insane. Although I am unsure on how the loading/unloading process will work, but 14 trains is a lot. Where did you about hear this @tomahawk?
I know they have built 2 identical drop sections to add capacity

Intamin to Win

Mega Poster
So apparently this thing has 14 trains and they are dispatching every 35 seconds. If that's accurate, this thing is going to just devour people.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I would love to see the logistics on how this would work. 14 trains is obscene. Anyone have any details about station layout? I would assume a split/dual station, and they’ll stack and offload trains in a separate part of the ride

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
12 trains would be operating at a time with two spares to rotate into the operating lineup. The ride has six launches and numerous transport sections for their show scenes, plus the double drop track. They are also using a conveyor loading platform which is the other key element to achieving such an efficient operation with so many trains.

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
12 trains would be operating at a time with two spares to rotate into the operating lineup. The ride has six launches and numerous transport sections for their show scenes, plus the double drop track. They are also using a conveyor loading platform which is the other key element to achieving such an efficient operation with so many trains.
I'm most certainly intrigued to see if Universal can keep up those seemingly stellar capacity figures even after the ride opens. It's going to be a pleasure to watch for sure, with a train or two whizzing around at any given time - maybe dueling, perhaps? :);)

Jcoasters

Mega Poster
That's awesome. It's so sad to see parks get an awesome new roller coaster and then invest in two trains or something.

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
Saw an update today from an employee who said they were doing preview today and the queue was outside the indoor portion and it was only 15 minutes.

Isn't this reusing Dueling Dragons queue which is ridiculously long.

I'd imagine Universal is going to need that queue (and more) when this coaster opens in 4 days' time! For reference, look at the lines when both of Universal Orlando's Harry Potter-themed lands opened - in particular, the ones of Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts had an infamous 7.5-hour line (See: https://www.nbcnews.com/business/travel/new-harry-potter-escape-gringotts-ride-has-7-5-hour-n151641) as well as Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey (I read somewhere that it had a 10-hour wait). Delay or no delay, there will be humongous seas of people lining up to get a ride on Hagrid's Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure when it finally opens.

Matt N

CF Legend
Saw an update today from an employee who said they were doing preview today and the queue was outside the indoor portion and it was only 15 minutes.

Isn't this reusing Dueling Dragons queue which is ridiculously long.

Blimey, they must be getting insane throughputs considering it took me not far off 15 minutes to walk through Dragon Challenge's queue line when it operated!

As for the ride itself, I'm glad to see that it isn't delayed, and I maintain that it looks like an outstanding family coaster! I often hear people complaining that it replaced Dragon Challenge, but I wasn't personally a massive fan of either; they weren't particularly forceful and the Red side in particular was very rough for a B&M! Because of this, I actually think I could prefer Hagrid to the Dragon Challenges, even excluding the theming, which seems to be an uncommon opinion!

Ethan

Strata Poster
Here's a snippet taken from inside the queue line of the Hagrid Coaster:
A clip of the loading station (similar to Rip Ride Rockit's) along with the instructional video played in the line:

The few reviews I've heard/read seem to be very positive. There will be a preshow during the queue which has not been operating yet, this will apparently help piece the ride's story together.

EDIT - Just found this video of the entire queue line, by Theme Park Insider:

Last edited:

Jamesss

Hyper Poster
This is definitely a night ride. That looked awesome.

I still find it really annoying that Universal always come so close to doing top quality theming, but they never quite manage it fully; in this case they ****ed it up by having that big ugly show building in plain view. At least the night time covers that up.

snes2

Roller Poster
There's a less than stellar review out there of the attraction.
With the rumour being that the reviewer wasn't allowed to film a POV for their youtube channel missing out on youtube revenue
The reviewer is also now saying that dueling dragons was a top ten coaster in the world
I think you can all guess who it is ?