What's new

Flamingo Land | Sik | Intamin 10 Inversion Coaster | 2022

Peet

Giga Poster
I just spent some time searching the planning applications; there was nothing for Kumali, Mumbo Jumbo or that big chair swing that they have which are all over 25m. The only application on record for Flamingo Land is for some sewage treatment plant back in 2002. There are dozens of applications for the nearby well site.

Is it possible they have some kind of exemption like the Pleasure Beach?

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
I just spent some time searching the planning applications; there was nothing for Kumali, Mumbo Jumbo or that big chair swing that they have which are all over 25m. The only application on record for Flamingo Land is for some sewage treatment plant back in 2002. There are dozens of applications for the nearby well site.

Is it possible they have some kind of exemption like the Pleasure Beach?
You’re not looking in the right place. There are lots of applications up to 2012 on the ryedale site, just search “flamingo land.” I’ve not looked for specific rides but did spot the drop tower and chair swing ride whilst glancing. Didn’t spot any coasters, but like I said I only glanced whilst looking for an application in the last 2 years.

otwidalepda

Roller Poster
I believe they do have an exemption for coasters. Cannot remember where I read this - think it was on the old Go Flamingo forums. Non-coaster attractions still need planning permission, hence Cliffhanger and Pterodactyl application.

Pierre

Strata Poster
^ which they completely ignored with cliffhanger anyway and cladded the whole tower, not to mention it being in a slightly different place to originally planned too haha.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Is it likely that the Coaster will keep its yellow and red colour scheme or will it receive a new paint job?
Not entirely sure anybody can answer that with any authority. We don’t even know for sure that it is Flamingo who are interested in that coaster, never mind whether they will be the winning bidder.

I will take a hypothetical guess though... I’d expect it to need a repaint anyway, having been sat so long, so unless the colours suited their plans, I’d expect it to be repainted in a different scheme.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
The pointless unfounded statement kind of posts, apparently.
His post actually contained a picture, but it wasn't displayed properly:
PqQVbCr.jpg