What's new

SFA | Harley Quinn Spinsanity | Zamperla Giant Discovery

Matt N

CF Legend
Hi guys. I was just reading through today's Screamscape news update when I found this particularly interesting item regarding a potential future addition to Six Flags America:
Screamscape said:
2020 - New Attraction - Rumor - (3/22/19) It’s too early to say what, but I’m hearing rumors that Six Flags America may be planning on adding something large for 2020. Anyone know more?
Very interesting! Even though we don't know much, I'd say that this is an exciting rumour; Lance is usually spot on with his rumours! If I was to guess what this large attraction could potentially be, I'd guess a potential RMC IBox conversion of Roar. But what do you guys think?
P.S. Here's the Screamscape link: http://www.screamscape.com/html/six_flags_america.htm

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
Yeah. I won't believe it until somethings built and operating. With SFA Rebranding a coaster I have a very hard time believing they're going to get a new one in the next few years. Despite the decent sized plot of wasted land sitting in the park.

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
Screenshot_20190324-145546.png

My friend on Discord, whose home park is Six Flags America, was using the mobile app and saw this. He sent me the image today after I questioned him on the "new ride" he told me of. The train shown is the same that is used in the other promotional images for Larson Superloops, could this be the major attraction for 2020?

Matt N

CF Legend
They might just have put the Super Loop train in as a stock image to emphasise that something is coming. But that would certainly imply that something is on its way; exciting times!

Matt N

CF Legend
Are we sure that "new ride" tease isn't just Firebird?
I'd imagine they'd be a little more specific if they were referring to Firebird, though, as it's already been announced. This seems to be hinting towards something that is as of yet unannounced.

Hutch

Strata Poster
I'd imagine they'd be a little more specific if they were referring to Firebird, though, as it's already been announced. This seems to be hinting towards something that is as of yet unannounced.
I mean it's just the mobile app. You can also see that Apocalypse is still shown as Apocalypse, so it probably still thinks we're in 2018. Firebird is also their "New Ride Coming Soon" and it's opening like, what, the summer? (EDIT: Okay it's May 4th) I mean that lines up nicely.

Or maybe they're relocating Firehawk for 2020. Plop it right next to Batwing.

I do think something large is coming in 2020! However I am worried that the 'large ride' they are talking about is a Giant/Giga Discovery flat ride replacing Skycoaster's site.