What's new

Futuroscope | Objectif Mars | Intamin spinner

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
This looks really cool to be honest. I think Disney might even be willing to build a similar coaster to this later down the line, if Futuroscope is successful with this one.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
This looks really cool to be honest. I think Disney might even be willing to build a similar coaster to this later down the line, if Futuroscope is successful with this one.
Well, aren't they already with the new Guardians of the Galaxy attraction they are building at EPCOT?
This prototype looks really cool. Hopefully Futuroscope can get the most of it; if the park is not familiar with coasters this could potentially lead to rough operations. Operating a cinema/theatre is much different than managing a constant flow of people/trains and multiple blocks. Do we know how many trains will this run? They looked like 3-car trains, which is not that great.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
In general, it's nice to see spinning coasters making a comeback.

5 or so years ago, they seemed very off-trend and a somewhat under-utilised concept. But they seem to be becoming more popular, and with Intamin and Mack having more exciting versions now, I really look forward to seeing how that develops!

But yes, let's hope Intamin have learnt lessons from Tornado.

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
@oriolat2, that is CONTROLLED spinning. This would be more uncontrolled spinning but I do see Disney making it a milder spin rather than something wild, ala how Time Traveler is restrained.

Lofty

CF Legend
I can't really see the Futuroscope coaster being completely uncontrolled. I can see it having a dampener on it to control the level of rotation.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
In general, it's nice to see spinning coasters making a comeback.

5 or so years ago, they seemed very off-trend and a somewhat under-utilised concept. But they seem to be becoming more popular, and with Intamin and Mack having more exciting versions now, I really look forward to seeing how that develops!

But yes, let's hope Intamin have learnt lessons from Tornado.
Why? Tornado is exactly what an exciting spinning coaster should be about... Family spinning coasters are way too predictable. Tornado, instead, has exhilarating spins, a crazy fast lift and an out-of-control feeling, and that's why it is perhaps my favourite ride between 50 and 100 feet.

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
Why? Tornado is exactly what an exciting spinning coaster should be about... Family spinning coasters are way too predictable. Tornado, instead, has exhilarating spins, a crazy fast lift and an out-of-control feeling, and that's why it is perhaps my favourite ride between 50 and 100 feet.

Well, you see, Futuroscope is a park targeted towards families. Bakken tries to do what they can with a super landlocked and quirky location (including the height restrictions).

JoshC.

Strata Poster

In honesty, I haven't ridden Tornado, so I'm mostly going off other's reviews. But from those reviews, Tornado is poorly rated, and there's surely a reason why Intamin haven't dabbled in spinning coasters as much in the past.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I'd agree with @oriolat2 if it didn't have that stupid lift/launch thing. The rest of the coaster is brilliant, but that section is so jarring that it throws you off for the first half of the ride. Basically renders the ride rubbish, in my opinion.

So yes, I'm @JoshC. here, I hope Intamin have got it right this time.

peep

CF Legend
The name being touted about came from a questionnaire sent out to peeps (including me) and there were some other small details within. It'll have an "immersive and interactive" pre-show to prepare guests for your space mission to Mars. Part of the ride experience will let riders "feel the takeoff at the speed of light" (launch?). Outside portion will test "zero gravity".

Hopefully Futuroscope can get the most of it; if the park is not familiar with coasters this could potentially lead to rough operations. Operating a cinema/theatre is much different than managing a constant flow of people/trains and multiple blocks

They have a dark ride and a room of robot arms alongside all the simulators and theatre based attractions. I think they'll be fine coping with the operational demands of a coaster.

streetmagix

Mega Poster
I feel like Intamin is like "need a launch? We'll do it", "need a motocoaster? Here we are", "need a family? Here is what we have", "need a hyper coaster? We have that!", "a spinning ? we'll do it too", "want a clothoid aquatrax flying coaster with lap - bars? We were just working on one!"

Intamin do all sorts of rides, coasters and monorails. In fact the new Bologna Airport Monorail is from them. They just seem to invent new coasters, build a bunch of them and then move on. See: Mega Lites, Plug and Play Wooden Coasters, Wing (Skyrush style) and Accelerator coasters.

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
@CrashCoaster Original source of your post is Le Forum du Futuroscope (kudos to them btw). I suspect once again StarParc.be is leaving things ambiguous by putting the source name next to 'photo emoji' instead of using the standard 'Source: Le Forum du Futuroscope' pattern. Once again I'm not an innocent bystander in this situation, but I really advise you not to share his posts, but rather download and post the picture quoting the original source (or say 'couldn't find the source, found on StarParc otherwise). StarParc.be, formerly known as Wonder World, thrives on taking other people's content, misattributing/not crediting them, and reaping all the rewards for that. Admittedly he's been very good at this, hence his big audience. His Youtube channel relies on using many POVs and animations from other channels, often official media, without ever crediting the original source...

Quite frankly, I find his attitude disrespectful to the original content providers. Think of it as the French-speaking equivalent of Amusement Insider, and you get a loose idea of how despised StarParc.be is among many French enthusiasts.

To be a little more constructive, I suggest directly following Le Forum du Futuroscope (the local fans forum) or Ameworld and CoastersWorld.fr, the main French-speaking French enthusiasts forums and counterparts to CoasterForce - the latter of which I'm a reporter for. That's most likely where you'll find the original updates on French/Belgian stuff, along with French regional news (France 3 Poitou-Charentes in the case of Futuroscope) and of course official communications from the park itself.

It would be nice to share their work, instead of giving more attention to someone who just piggybacks on a massive scale ;)

Anyway, rant over. We have track installed :)

Wx0a8XT.jpg

CeM4mjh.jpg

xItXYSc.jpg

dhGLPNn.jpg

sy8C6OO.jpg

Source: Le Forum du Futuroscope