What's new

Efteling | Max & Moritz | Mack Powered Coasters

Bredera

Roller Poster
I am sad that one of my favorites of the park has to go, but the Efteling did need a real kiddy coaster, and buidling two at the same time is great for capacity! personnally I the concept was made "quick" because, how I understood it their first intention was to keep the BOB and not replace it at all. hoping for some more theming and a somewhat larger layout in the final build. But hey we will see :)

Coaster

Mega Poster
It's a little frustrating as I missed Bob by a week, may have to go back next year if it's running reliably.

At least Efteling have gone about it the right way, giving people the chance to ride it a last time rather than demolishing it on the quiet... not that I'm looking at any UK parks in particular...

Coasterfan-Manel

Roller Poster
Hi,
I'm going to Efteling next January for my first time and if I have luck (hope so), I will ride Bob!
It would be my first credit that is removed after I rode it:(

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Even though these are going to be +2, I am hardly excited. The park themselves said that the coaster wouldn't focus on racing/dueling the coaster although they said they bought to separate powered coasters for the sake of capacity. I think they have just missed an opportunity to have yet another great dueling coaster at the park, since they already did a great job with Joris. Why bother buying 2 coasters if you are not going to duel/race them anyway? It seems like a poor choice/lazy design decision.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
I thought the park said that they would have them racing (or at very least, dispatch at the same time)?

Can't find anything either way right now, but I'm sure they said they would race.

Peet

Giga Poster
It seems like a poor choice/lazy design decision.
Nothing about Efteling's management or investments in the last decade has been poor or lazy, I see no reason to think that it will start now. Based on their track record (Joris, Baron, Symbolica) I fully expect this ride will be deeply thought through and immaculately executed.

Of course, it's just a kiddy cred so not too exciting for us coaster lovers!

peep

CF Legend
The park have released a song to say goodbye to Bob...

Via Google translate...

In the Anderrijk mountains
Jo-de-la
you could sled wonderfully together
Jo-de-li
just as smoothly through the turns
Jo-de-la
with six, four or two
Jo-de-li

Goodbye beautiful Bob
you brought us sunshine
because it was great
pleasure for young and old.
I let you go
and that after so many years
good job day
we must break up.
good job day
this feels a bit weird

It was always a party again
Jo-de-la
first up, then down
Jo-de-li
all those rides in the Bobbaan
Jo-de-la
I slipped around here
Jo-de-li

Goodbye beautiful Bob
you brought us sunshine
because it was great
pleasure for young and old.
I let you go
and that after so many years
good job day
we must break up.
good job day
this feels a bit weird

Benenen

Hyper Poster
Has a date for Bob's closure been announced? I've had a quick look online but can't see anything more specific than just September. I'm visiting on the 10th and would love a final go.

peep

CF Legend
Has a date for Bob's closure been announced? I've had a quick look online but can't see anything more specific than just September. I'm visiting on the 10th and would love a final go.

Their usually helpful social media team have been a bit hesitant on this front. I have a feeling it might be the 1st. Fingers crossed for you they do keep it open long enough for one last ride.

I forgot to post this when it first went out but they're auctioning off a lot of Bob parts including at least one of the vehicles.

Auction

Rein

Roller Poster
Their usually helpful social media team have been a bit hesitant on this front. I have a feeling it might be the 1st. Fingers crossed for you they do keep it open long enough for one last ride.

It was announced today in there newsletter that the last day of operation will indeed be on September 1st.

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
Weird to think I only rode Bob last week and is now closed for good. While ride was fun, it was getting rough in patches and very rough on entering the many MCBRs. Doubt I'll miss it, bring on Max and Moritz!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Byeeeeee

s0saa30hc6k31.jpg

From Reddit: Here

?