CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Ground has broken for the new B&M Invert:-
DXCwQ7cX4AACsiV.jpg

Photo by EuropeanCoasterClub.

Last edited:

peep

CF Legend
That seems incredibly early. I suppose it's going to be fun to try and get those huge pieces of track in amongst the chaos that is Grona Lund.

Lofty

CF Legend
I can imagine this taking AGES to construct to be fair - all of the buildings in the area would have to be moved (in terms of their uses) in order to build it and get the machinery in. Not to mention the potential ground saturation issues they're gonna face with this being so close to the water.

Pear

Strata Poster
The park has updated the layout for the coaster with the project name "Blue Harvest". Opening is planned for 2021.

BlueHarvest-20180115.jpg

The layout remains mostly the same but the final roll has been replaced with a straight incline instead.

Construction should start this fall and the park have said that the bumper cars will close September 3rd for this construction.

http://parksandresorts.com/grona-lund-satsar-pa-jatteberg-och-dalbana/

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Bit disappointed to see the final roll not they're, but I'm sure I can cope.

Still haven't got over how mental this project is. I'm putting off visiting the park till it's open, but at the same time, I really want to go sooner just to watch it being built

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I like how the brake run decides to just dip out. It'll be intriguing to see how they lay out the station, queue, and storage bays. It doesn't look like they'll be working with much space at all to package all of that.

Peet

Giga Poster
It's a shame the final inversion has gone, the last few corners will be pretty boring now. It will be a great ride anyway, but 2021 still feels like a long way off!

Snoo

The Legend
Yeah this is insane and awesome at the same time. For those who have not been to Grona, this park not having space is being enormously generous. Taking this long is not a surprise in the least bit.

Matt N

CF Legend
How is Grona Lund fitting this in? From what I know, the place is about the size of Blackpool Pleasure Beach, and I struggle to see Blackpool fitting in another coaster without removing a lot from having visited!

Snoo

The Legend
How is Grona Lund fitting this in? From what I know, the place is about the size of Blackpool Pleasure Beach, and I struggle to see Blackpool fitting in another coaster without removing a lot from having visited!

Honestly, just like they did with the other rides. Building on top of buildings, on top of other structures. There is ROOM.. just not in the sense you think of other parks. Think of it like RCT when you have to build vertically. :p

Matt N

CF Legend
Honestly, just like they did with the other rides. Building on top of buildings, on top of other structures. There is ROOM.. just not in the sense you think of other parks. Think of it like RCT when you have to build vertically. :p
Ah right, so like on Planet Coaster where you just elevate the station a little bit higher so that your ride will fit. Thanks @Snoo!

Marnit

Roller Poster
Ah right, so like on Planet Coaster where you just elevate the station a little bit higher so that your ride will fit. Thanks @Snoo!
A bit in the we don't have space, so lets add a station on top of a candy store, and then run the coaster through this other one, and lets build a drop tower on a bridge over our path, some space left there...
And when you truly run out of space you just add a station under the park...

This is the park that thought, well we can fit a wooden coaster here...
46faec43-81dd-4b2b-9087-0ad7e122fce7.jpg

(And it's probably the best 15m tall wooden coaster in the world, amazingly well designed)