What's new

Rank the RMCs

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Exactly what Taylor said. No matter which way you slice it, the reaction is overwhelmingly positive. Even if some of us are quelling our reactions in hopes of not sounding like a CP/RMC ultra-fanboy, the fact of the matter is that the ride is unbelievably good.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
1. Outlaw Run
2. Iron Rattlwr
2. Joker
3. Twisted Colossus
4. New Texas Giant

I was surprisingly blown away by Iron Rattler. The drop is terrifying with the slow down at the top, but I feel it could be that much better if it kept a consistent speed. I kept preparing myself for insane ejector, especially the hill coming off the second top of quarry part, but it didn't hit how I expected. That said, I felt it was the most complete iron horse I've ridden, as the end still gives a tremendous pop of ejector. I wish it had an extra kick at the end, but it was great.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
How have I not updated this!?!

1. Lightning Rod
2. Outlaw Run
3. Wonder Woman
4. Storm Chaser
5. Joker
6. Iron Rattler
7. Twisted Colossus
8. New Texas Giant

Wonder Woman made me do something I haven't done on a coaster since i *shameless plug* was on the first train ever on Tatsu. I clapped and I immediately hated myself for it, but I did it. The airtime was ridiculous, the drop is one of the best I've experienced, and the airtime hill is legendary. I am a bit sad I didnt get back row, but the front was enough for me to cement SFFT as a destination park for enthusiasts.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
Hm. I will be riding quite a few RMCs this summer, so I might as well jot down my current list before it doubles:

1. Lightning Rod
2. Wicked Cyclone
3. Twisted Colossus
4. Iron Rattler
5. New Texas Giant

Snoo

The Legend
Updated after riding SV yesterday:

1. Lightning Rod
2. Goliath
3. Steel Vengeance
4. Wildfire

5. Outlaw Run

5. Medusa Steel Coaster
6. Storm Chaser
7. Wicked Cyclone

8. Joker
9. Iron Rattler
10. New Texas Giant

11. Twisted Colossus

Railblazer
Twisted Cyclone
Twisted Timbers
Wonder Woman

Steel Vengeance is a solid coaster which packs A LOT into the ride. I need to ride it again to absorb it all. I also haven't ranked the bottom 4 as I haven't really seen POV's of those rides yet.

After finally seeing some feedback as well as diving in to the POV's, I've ranked the rest of the RMC's (Bold I've been on, Italicized I should be on this year):

1. Lightning Rod
2. Goliath
3. Steel Vengeance
4. Wildfire
5. Outlaw Run

6. Medusa Steel Coaster
7. Storm Chaser
8. Railblazer/Wonder Woman
9. Wicked Cyclone
10. Twisted Cyclone
11. Twisted Timbers

12. Joker
13. Iron Rattler
14. New Texas Giant

15. Twisted Colossus

I'm hoping to get on both Twisted Cyclone and Timbers this year. If I ever get down to Mexico and swing up the west coast, I could finish out essentially all but Wonder Woman. I'd basically be an RMC employee at that point. :p

Pear

Strata Poster
Why Goliath above SV? Goliath looks like one of the weaker RMC's out there and SV is much longer than it.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
It's not about length, it's about the pacing. While I haven't done SteVe yet, I can definitely attest to Goliath keeping its pace much better than Outlaw Run. Plus, there's no dead spots on the ride. You're thrown right into the next element when the last one is finished. It's a bam-boom-pow right up to the brakes. Outlaw Run, however, has many spots where it's almost 'building up' to one element, followed by even more dead space. The ride also loses much of its steam by the time it gets to the barrel rolls.

I might just have some home park bias in this, but I do love Goliath. <3

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
12. Joker
13. Iron Rattler
14. New Texas Giant

15. Twisted Colossus

I'm hoping to get on both Twisted Cyclone and Timbers this year. If I ever get down to Mexico and swing up the west coast, I could finish out essentially all but Wonder Woman. I'd basically be an RMC employee at that point. :p
I look forward to your making that West Coast trip, getting on Twisted Colossus, and then coming back here to report your confusion and make a major adjustment. :p

Snoo

The Legend
Why Goliath above SV? Goliath looks like one of the weaker RMC's out there and SV is much longer than it.

I've only ridden it once. I've kind of elaborated but not mentioned in this thread but SV was a LOT to unpack. The ride was fantastic, no doubt, #5 of 337 is nothing to laugh at, but I need to ride it again to get a full sense. I feel it should move up a spot or two at least but not after the initial ride. It's not like TTD where it's nice and easy to decode and get a feel for. :)

It's not about length, it's about the pacing. While I haven't done SteVe yet, I can definitely attest to Goliath keeping its pace much better than Outlaw Run. Plus, there's no dead spots on the ride. You're thrown right into the next element when the last one is finished. It's a bam-boom-pow right up to the brakes. Outlaw Run, however, has many spots where it's almost 'building up' to one element, followed by even more dead space. The ride also loses much of its steam by the time it gets to the barrel rolls.

I might just have some home park bias in this, but I do love Goliath. <3

The ride is the poor mans Lightning Rod, which is no insult by any means. It is a spectacular ride and one of the few rides that left me speechless once we hit the brakes. As the norm, I didn't watch an POV's so I had no idea what was coming. Surprising airtime, immense drop, everything sexy you could want. The only issue I have is length as you noted but it's still incredible.

I look forward to your making that West Coast trip, getting on Twisted Colossus, and then coming back here to report your confusion and make a major adjustment. :p

I have very low expectations so I'll be happily surprised. :)

JSM

Mega Poster
Just saw an instagram (and quite possibly unreliable) post saying Medusa at SF Mexico got its original wheels back!

I totally forgot about Goliath! I knew I was missing one.

1. Steel Vengeance
2. Storm Chaser
3. Wicked Cyclone
4. Wildfire
5. Outlaw Run
6. Iron Rattler
7. Goliath
8. New Texas Giant

Also @Snoo that is a great way to explain SV, "a lot to unpack." I can't wait to reride it because the whole time on the first ride I was just like wtf is going on, especially after going into the structure. I didn't watch POVs enough to really know the layout, and I actually thought it was done when it still had a third lap to do! Also, where did you sit?

I dont understand the whole RMC pacing issue. Yeah it's nice to have a "wham bham thank you maam" experience but I don't think any of them particularly dies that terribly by the end. Yes they slow down, but not enough to be boring or forceless, and I'd much prefer that over a ****ing 40 second ride like Goliath is. That being said, Goliath is still amazing and has one of the greatest drops.

Snoo

The Legend
I
Also @Snoo that is a great way to explain SV, "a lot to unpack." I can't wait to reride it because the whole time on the first ride I was just like wtf is going on, especially after going into the structure. I didn't watch POVs enough to really know the layout, and I actually thought it was done when it still had a third lap to do! Also, where did you sit?

I dont understand the whole RMC pacing issue. Yeah it's nice to have a "wham bham thank you maam" experience but I don't think any of them particularly dies that terribly by the end. Yes they slow down, but not enough to be boring or forceless, and I'd much prefer that over a :emoji_zipper_mouth:ing 40 second ride like Goliath is. That being said, Goliath is still amazing and has one of the greatest drops.

I sat in the 2nd to last row on my first ride. We had waited for 4 hours and got lucky in that regard.

I do think that pacing issues exist on the longer ones. I do agree, the quickness of Goliath is it's only detractor IMO as it could have been longer with that speed BUT it may have ended up being more of an issue such as Wicked Cyclone or NTG, where it just seems to go on for no good reason other then to just go on. Wildfire has a similar issue from what others have said including myself. Now, compare that to the higher rated rides such as Lighting Rod, Storm Chaser, Outlaw Run.. in general, for those who've ridden them, those tend to be higher rated and also end on a high note. You're not left wondering "what more could have been done".

Steel Vengeance, I feel, mixes both with awesome pacing as well as smashing of elements that doesn't let up. That's why I can't wait for Sunday when I can get back on. I may only ride that ride on Sunday just to get as much as I can out of it and get a true feel for it.

I sat in the 2nd to last row on my first ride. We had waited for 4 hours and got lucky in that regard.

I do think that pacing issues exist on the longer ones. I do agree, the quickness of Goliath is it's only detractor IMO as it could have been longer with that speed BUT it may have ended up being more of an issue such as Wicked Cyclone or NTG, where it just seems to go on for no good reason other then to just go on. Wildfire has a similar issue from what others have said including myself. Now, compare that to the higher rated rides such as Lighting Rod, Storm Chaser, Outlaw Run.. in general, for those who've ridden them, those tend to be higher rated and also end on a high note. You're not left wondering "what more could have been done".

Steel Vengeance, I feel, mixes both with awesome pacing as well as smashing of elements that doesn't let up. That's why I can't wait for Sunday when I can get back on. I may only ride that ride on Sunday just to get as much as I can out of it and get a true feel for it.

Ah okay, I rode in the very back so I suspect we had similar experiences. I found Storm Chaser and SV to be the perfect length without feeling like they died, whereas Wildfire and Wicked Cyclone definitely lost pace without feeling like it ruined the experience. Goliath, Outlaw, and Iron Rattler all suffered from being too short, and NTG suffered from being dragged on and on. I can see where you're coming from when you say you like the ones that leave you breathless into the brakes, but I judt can't agree with those being a better experience than other RMC coasters.

Snoo

The Legend
Ah okay, I rode in the very back so I suspect we had similar experiences. I found Storm Chaser and SV to be the perfect length without feeling like they died, whereas Wildfire and Wicked Cyclone definitely lost pace without feeling like it ruined the experience. Goliath, Outlaw, and Iron Rattler all suffered from being too short, and NTG suffered from being dragged on and on. I can see where you're coming from when you say you like the ones that leave you breathless into the brakes, but I judt can't agree with those being a better experience than other RMC coasters.

The fun part about this is really arguing about whats #3, #5, #7.. it's crazy to think that "big nit picks" for people in this thread as a whole really just move it up or down a few slots here or there from the top of their list. Personally, short of Rattler and NTG, all the RMC's I've been on are in my Top 15. That just speaks volumes in itself.

Zek_Teh_Kek

Hyper Poster
I got to ride Twisted Timbers this past week, AMAZING ride!
1. Steel Vengeance
2. Twisted Timbers
If Twisted Timbers were just a bit longer, faster, and taller, along with 1 or 2 more airtime hills, it would probably be my #1!
Yet again I still haven't ridden SV in the back row, so...

Snoo

The Legend
I got to ride Twisted Timbers this past week, AMAZING ride!
1. Steel Vengeance
2. Twisted Timbers
If Twisted Timbers were just a bit longer, faster, and taller, along with 1 or 2 more airtime hills, it would probably be my #1!
Yet again I still haven't ridden SV in the back row, so...

So if it was Steel Vengeance? :D

Zek_Teh_Kek

Hyper Poster
So if it was Steel Vengeance? :D
Pretty much ya!
However, after my SV back row ride wednesday, I can't say that holds true. I have no words for how intense the second half was, how strong the first two major airtime hills were, and how insane all 4 of the inversions were. While Twisted Timbers has more unique inversions, the inversions on SV are taken at a great speed, and they don't really seem repetative.

Edward M

Strata Poster
Well, after adding two RMCs to the mix, I can finally update! Edit: forgot Wildfire.
Ridden in bold

1. Steel Vengeance
  2. Lightning Rod
  3. Medusa Steel Coaster
  4. Outlaw Run
  5. RMC Raptors
  6. Wildfire
  7. Twisted Cyclone
  8. Goliath, SFGAm
  9. Storm Chaser
  10. Wicked Cyclone
  11. Iron Rattler
  12. Twisted Timbers
  13. Joker
  14. New Texas Giant
  15. Twisted Colossus

Last edited:

PeteA

Roller Poster
Just back from a US coaster trip so here are my RMC's in order. This is only ones I have ridden.

1. Lightning Rod
2. Wildfire
3. Steel Vengeance
4. Twisted Colossus
5. Iron Rattler
6. New Texas Giant
7. Joker
8. Storm Chaser
9. Twisted Timbers
10. Twisted Cyclone

Snoo

The Legend
Just back from a US coaster trip so here are my RMC's in order. This is only ones I have ridden.

1. Lightning Rod
2. Wildfire
3. Steel Vengeance
4. Twisted Colossus
5. Iron Rattler
6. New Texas Giant
7. Joker
8. Storm Chaser
9. Twisted Timbers
10. Twisted Cyclone
Storm Chaser so low? Why's that?