What's new

Europa Park | Voltron | Mack Rides Stryker Coaster | 2024

Georgie-M

Mega Poster
I was actually thinking of this. Mack have already got their take on an inverted/suspended coaster, though it's clearly one more aimed at dark rides and family attractions. Seeing a B&M Invert-type ride with lap bars could be interesting. I don't see Mack trying a flyer, purely because they don't seem to be keen on overly restrictive restraint systems, which would be a must on a ride where you're lying on your stomach the whole time

chainedbanana

Hyper Poster
I believe rumours too include a refurb and re-track of euro-mir after Euro-sat - which would be ace as its rough-as-f**k, (but still fun) - if they made it more like Dwervelwind that would be ace!

Lofty

CF Legend
I believe rumours too include a refurb and re-track of euro-mir after Euro-sat - which would be ace as its rough-as-f**k, (but still fun) - if they made it more like Dwervelwind that would be ace!
I hope so, where have you heard this? We were saying when we were there that it's more than likely going to receive one and if it'll ride anything like Dwervelwing I'm more than happy.

chainedbanana

Hyper Poster
I hope so, where have you heard this? We were saying when we were there that it's more than likely going to receive one and if it'll ride anything like Dwervelwing I'm more than happy.

I've seen it mentioned a couple of times, I think it was mentioned right back when they first mentioned the Eurosat rehab and other future developments. since then its gone quite - but I image it's in the pipeline, maybe slipping in priority for the waterpark/new 2019 coaster.

Bert2theSpark

Mega Poster
I like the idea of Mack doing their own version of something like Skyrush or Flying Aces.

I wouldn't be suprised if Mack try and do something mad like, I dunno, A modern Pipeline coaster, Like Arrow tried to design, But miles better.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
A Mack version of Skyrush would be very interesting but I don't think they have the lunacy to pull it off. Mack are too much about precision and safety and repeatable experience to design something remotely like Skyrush.

Even Intamin themselves couldn't repeat the process. Flying Aces is good but not a patch on the original.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Still really non-specific. I mean, "(Park) deciding to add a new coaster within three to five years" isn't so much news as it's a description of how this industry works!

It still intrigues me, however, because Mack has made some pretty great coasters recently. Also, the sentence "In the centre of the park, we are planning..." seems interesting. Does anybody here know enough German to tell whether he's talking of the geographic centre of the park, or if it's some quirk in translation/weird choice of words? Central areas in parks tend to be quite crowded with stuff as it is, so it sounds to me like there will be a redevelopment - that is, something has to go. I wonder what? And how much room would they have to play with after tearing it down?

As for what will be built, Mack seems rather "conventional" in their coaster lineup. Bobsleds, mega coasters, wild mice, spinning coasters, water coasters... mostly stuff where rather conventional cars are plonked on top of the track, and single-car trains unless it's a mega coaster. Time Traveler appears to be their most experimental design to date. Then again, Europa Park is where they've done their unconventional stuff in the past, so if they ever were to make a wing coaster or an SLC, this would be the place to do it.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Still really non-specific. I mean, "(Park) deciding to add a new coaster within three to five years" isn't so much news as it's a description of how this industry works!

It still intrigues me, however, because Mack has made some pretty great coasters recently. Also, the sentence "In the centre of the park, we are planning..." seems interesting. Does anybody here know enough German to tell whether he's talking of the geographic centre of the park, or if it's some quirk in translation/weird choice of words? Central areas in parks tend to be quite crowded with stuff as it is, so it sounds to me like there will be a redevelopment - that is, something has to go. I wonder what? And how much room would they have to play with after tearing it down?

As for what will be built, Mack seems rather "conventional" in their coaster lineup. Bobsleds, mega coasters, wild mice, spinning coasters, water coasters... mostly stuff where rather conventional cars are plonked on top of the track, and single-car trains unless it's a mega coaster. Time Traveler appears to be their most experimental design to date. Then again, Europa Park is where they've done their unconventional stuff in the past, so if they ever were to make a wing coaster or an SLC, this would be the place to do it.

We don't know even if it will be a Mack at the end of the day. They've bought a coaster from GCI and B&M, so I don't see why they wouldn't do it again. But since Mack own Europa, I would suspect this will be a Mack coaster.

Ireeb

Mega Poster
It is confirmed it will be build by Mack. They always try to build it themselves, but when they built Silver Star, their launch/hyper coasters were probably still in a very early stage of development, they just didn't have the tech or experience to build something that big, so they got ot from the experts, because they wanted to offer that experience and they wanted it to be good. With Wodan it's obvious. Wooden coasters are a different territory, in which Mack is not active, so here they consulted the experts as well. Some people guessed maybe he is talking about a refurbishment (/replacement?) of Euromir. He said "in the center" of the park, that sounds to me more like "a central, important area" than the geographic middle. Behind Greece there is still a area they own (used for Traumatica, but otherwise unused), but I wouldn't call that central.

Pear

Strata Poster
Wodan was also built by GCI because Mack represents them in Europe similar to how Vekoma represents RMC.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
It is confirmed it will be build by Mack. They always try to build it themselves, but when they built Silver Star, their launch/hyper coasters were probably still in a very early stage of development, they just didn't have the tech or experience to build something that big, so they got ot from the experts, because they wanted to offer that experience and they wanted it to be good. With Wodan it's obvious. Wooden coasters are a different territory, in which Mack is not active, so here they consulted the experts as well. Some people guessed maybe he is talking about a refurbishment (/replacement?) of Euromir. He said "in the center" of the park, that sounds to me more like "a central, important area" than the geographic middle. Behind Greece there is still a area they own (used for Traumatica, but otherwise unused), but I wouldn't call that central.

I think Euromir will get re-tracked like Eurosat, but I think that will be after the next new coaster. At this point, we can't be sure as to what it will be. But I think it will be a new concept/prototype from Mack, and as I've said multiple times, a Mack SLC would be a great fit.

Lofty

CF Legend
Isn't that what Freizeitpark Plohn is recieving from Mack in 2019?
They're receiving a similar product, yes. That isn't to say that Europa won't build a bigger/better version with larger trains and a higher capacity?

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Freizeitpark Plohn are getting a BigDipper very similar to Lost Gravity right?

I'd love to see those sorts of cars in a more 'traditional' Dive Machine set up. Mack could do something great with that set up.

Lofty

CF Legend
Freizeitpark Plohn are getting a BigDipper very similar to Lost Gravity right?

I'd love to see those sorts of cars in a more 'traditional' Dive Machine set up. Mack could do something great with that set up.
Yeah, Dynamite is rumours to feature a vertical drop with a holding break etc. :)