Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do you find most scary? / Phobias?

Discussion in 'Halloween Haunts & Scare Attractions' started by sKrATcher, Oct 7, 2017.

1. sKrATcher

sKrATcher Member

Best Coaster:
    Millennium Force
    Best Park:
    Cedar Point
    Coaster Count:
    I'm literally TERRIFIED of beetles and crickets. If there was ever some attraction that had real beetles (fake ones don't bother me), I can guarantee I'd be screaming, hyperventilating, terrified and running!

This season I've been to Fright Fest at SFMM and Scarywood (Silverwood Theme Park in Idaho) events this year, and headed to Scarowinds in a couple weeks. I enjoy the themeing, yet, knowing it's actors and to me and just something that's loads of fun, my natural reaction is usually to laugh, stare back, and just enjoy the event. I'm not easy to startle or scare, and for me, the events might be like other people going on a ride at Disneyland - awesome effects, etc., but just enjoyable and not scary.

If anyone else here doesn't get scared at the events, but has phobias to stuff, would the real thing(phobia) be something that would terrify you?

2. Mysterious Sue

Mysterious Sue Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Schwur des Kärnan
    Best Park:
    Phantasialand
    Coaster Count:
    I hate looking at large objects underwater. Appatently its a real thing (submechanophobia). Bit niche. And it's not that bad cos I've been wreck diving and could handle that.

Don't really like heights either if I'm stopped and feeling exposed and not connected to the floor (i.e. drop towers, planes). But you just have to get on with it don't you.

Some kid in facepaint making a noise in my face just makes me laugh tbh.

3. Ben

Ben Best SM Team Member 2016 CF Award Winner 2016

Best Coaster:
    Skyrush
    Best Park:
    Phantasialand
    Coaster Count:
    The mazes don’t really scare me anymore, I just enjoy them. Sometimes they get me with a really good scare, but I do enough of them now for it to have worn off. I still love them though they’re the best.

Things that actually get me are heights, arachnids, fish and balloons. Hurrggh.

4. Pink Cadillac

Pink Cadillac Well-Known Member

I kind of empathise with this (I think I get mild thalossaphobia in general). I can't deal with underwater pictures of large ship propellers.
    I used to not even be able to look at pictures of great white sharks, but I'm getting over that.
    I get very claustrophobic, but only when it comes to small tunnels.

5. Zek_Teh_Kek

Zek_Teh_Kek Active Member

Best Coaster:
    Maverick
    Best Park:
    Cedar Point
    Coaster Count:
    Believe it or not, I'm actually really scared of heights. I hate heights, but somehow, I'm fine with TTD and Millennium Force.
    TTD less so than MF because you really don't notice it.
    I'm also scared of bees/yellow jackets/any bug that flies, for some reason.

6. KristofWB

KristofWB Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Blue Fire
    Best Park:
    Walibi Belgium
    Mazes don't scare me. They just make me feel uncomfortable. I don't like it when people scream at me and it makes me very nervous knowing it could happen at any time.

Scared? Ever since I was a child I am very afraid of geese. They look so large and have some kind of evil look in their eyes. And they hiss when you pass them. I am about 50% sure that the hissing is a national word in geese language for 'attack'!

CSLKennyNI and zazobo like this.
  7. LiveForTheLaunch

LiveForTheLaunch Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Eejanaika
    Best Park:
    DisneySea
    Coaster Count:
    Spiders, for sure. Even in a haunt when I know they're fake, they make me feel really uneasy. I went into a haunt on Saturday night and there were multiple hallways just covered with them and I just ran through that entire part.

I'm not typically afraid of the dark, but in a haunt when it's pitch black I get pretty nervous.

8. Lofty

Lofty Social Media Team Staff Member Social Media Team

Best Coaster:
    Taron
    Best Park:
    Phantasialand
    Coaster Count:
    Having worked in the industry since I was 16, it takes a LOT to scare me in the attractions, I've not had a good scare for years now.

In terms of phobias, I hate spiders, they can all just :emoji_zipper_mouth: off.