Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other weird enthusiasms & interests

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by Sandman, Nov 15, 2017.

1. Sandman

Sandman Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Taron
    Best Park:
    Phantasialand
    So recently I spent a while on YouTube clicking from one odd video to another, as you do. At one point I found a YouTuber who dedicates his time to visiting/experiencing different elevators. Thought it was quite odd but interesting to know that it's a thing. Do you know of any other weird hobbies that could rival some of the absolute goonery witnessed here? Do share.

*We all know stamp-collecting and trainspotting are things. Keep it interesting!

Anyway, enjoy an elevator POV (I bet this is the B&M of elevators, I'm just too basic to realise)

2. Edward M

Edward M Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Steel Vengeance
    Best Park:
    Tokyo Disneysea
    Coaster Count:
    Well, I have the obvious Disney enthusiasm, but I also have others. Namely, I create music quite often and am working on screenplay ideas. They're both great creative outlets even if they don't end up taking me anywhere in particular. Of course, I listen to plenty of music and watch plenty of movies. I've also been very interested in the sciences lately, namely neuroscience. Brain patterns as well as the effects of addictive things like drugs or sugar on the brain and even how they can change brain functions fascinate me to no end.

3. Thekingin64

Thekingin64 Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Taron
    Best Park:
    Phantasialand
    Coaster Count:
    Sandman likes this.
  4. Howie

Howie Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Steel Vengeance
    Best Park:
    Universal Studios Fl
    Coaster Count:
    If I was an elevator, I'd like to think I'd be an Otis.

Sandman and Will like this.
  5. GuyWithAStick

GuyWithAStick Captain Basic Staff Member Moderator Social Media Team

Best Coaster:
    Steel Vengeance
    Best Park:
    Cedar Point
    Coaster Count:
    My other 'main' interest is Theater. Specifically Lighting and backstage tech. It's all super interesting and is quite impressive when you take into account how fast some of the changes have to be.

I recently finished a show that took Shakespeare's Twelfth Night, and set it in the Glam Rock 80s. It was one of the best shows I've ever been a part of. So much good music!

6. Mysterious Sue

Mysterious Sue Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Schwur des Kärnan
    Best Park:
    Phantasialand
    Coaster Count:
    Not a Schindler's Lift?
    #goingtohell

CSLKennyNI and davidm like this.
  7. Sandman

Sandman Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Taron
    Best Park:
    Phantasialand
  8. Kozmo

Kozmo Member

Best Coaster:
    Kumba
    Best Park:
    Busch gardens tampa
    I see this thread has been dead for a while and here I am revive it..... It's honestly not weird but I love old architecture and get pretty excited for old houses especially victorian's.... I actually stayed in a historic hotel in saint pete fl for a weekend escape despite it's terrible reviews and I honestly enjoyed my stay even though the normal amenities like a mini fridge and TV we're missing.... I didn't even miss having a TV because most of our time spent there was walking around and browsing antique shops or down stairs in the hotels bar and grill meeting new people and getting wasted before waddling back to our room for sleep at 2am