What's new

New Parks for Dubai...

Matt N

CF Legend
Sorry to bump this thread, but I don't believe we have one dedicated to Six Flags Dubai, so... according to Screamscape, the park is due to partially open in Spring 2020, with a full opening before the Expo in October 2020.

The main reason I bumped this thread, however, is because the park is apparently not getting an RMC upon opening, but will instead be getting... a DC Rivals-style Mack hypercoaster! Great news about the Mack hyper! DC Rivals looks great! Six Flags seem like they really want to improve the coaster scene in the UAE!

In other interesting news, the park is apparently also receiving the world's first stand up simulator. Here's a Screamscape link: http://www.screamscape.com/html/dubai_parks_-_resorts.htm

DelPiero

Strata Poster
If this is the case, then :emoji_zipper_mouth: yeah. I'd much rather have a (presumably) custom layout Mack hyper than a Goliath (RMC) clone.
I'd probably rather have the Goliath clone as it's ****ing amazing. I'm sure the hyper would be too, but I haven't ridden a Mack hyper to make an informed decision yet.

J Rod

Roller Poster
There's no confirmation on it being an original layout, so hopefully it doesn't end up being another Flash clone

Pear

Strata Poster
Out of curiosity, have you ridden both?
Nah I haven't but just looking at POV's it's clear DC Rivals blows Goliath out of the water. Have you seen that non inverting loop backwards?

Either way I still don't think this park is even gonna happen

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Nah I haven't but just looking at POV's it's clear DC Rivals blows Goliath out of the water. Have you seen that non inverting loop backwards?

Either way I still don't think this park is even gonna happen
Yes but does DC Rivals have a zero g stall?

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

Lofty

CF Legend
No, but does Goliath have the most airtime filled NIL in the world.

Have you done all other Non-Inverting loops? No.

Goliath is excellent and rides much better than it looks off ride. I didn’t even state that it wasn’t the ‘better’ coaster on paper, it probably is, but Goliath is an excellent coaster and shouldn’t really be discounted so easily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
I'm perfectly fine with either outcome. If it's the Goliath clone, cool. More people get to experience the amazingness of RMC. If it's a Mack Hyper, cool too. Makes the OG Goliath more exclusive.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
My point was, (having actually ridden one of the rides we are discussing :rolleyes: ), that as I know how good Goliath is, and it emphatically took a spot in my top 10, more of those rides would never be frowned upon.
However, I haven't ridden DC Rivals yet, so I might not like it. Very unlikely of course as it does look amazing, but still, it could be another Bizarro/Superman in disguise.

That's all, don't get your panties in a twist ladies.