What's new

Gullivers Valley

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Hi all
I've not heard of this before and a quick search suggests there is no thread about it here but it looks like Gullivers (owner of a three small parks in the UK already) is planning a new resort in the Rother Valley which is located in South Yorkshire.

GVR_Plans.jpg

The aims include a new family Friendly theme park and full planning permission has just be sent in.
info on the official site here
http://www.gulliversvalley.co.uk

Sure its not going to set the world alight but its a project i could see coming to fruition. (looking at you London Paramount)

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
I like how they're not focusing on the theme park, and rather the fact that it's a family resort with a load of various activities for all ages. I can certainly see this come to fruition, and I hope it does.

Lofty

CF Legend
If they base this on creating a 'Center Parcs' with the Gulliver's Brand, I approve - if they plan on creating a new 'theme park', it'll be a disaster.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
If they base this on creating a 'Center Parcs' with the Gulliver's Brand, I approve - if they plan on creating a new 'theme park', it'll be a disaster.
Why so? Because the location is already oversaturated with theme parks? True, LWV and Flamingo are nearby but they cater for a completely different age group. The Gullivers know how to run a kiddy park and between them and the Crealys, we've seen that small, one day parks are popular in tourist areas.

I'd actually suggest that the Centre Parc style is more of a gamble. In an area where people come for the natural beauty and outdoors, it takes a lot to attract people away for more than a day to a full resort.

Good luck to them though. They are a fab brand that deserve to do well.

Lofty

CF Legend
Because Gulliver's is actually really bad? There's absolutely minuscule positive outcomes to them building a new park as the company is so infatuated with profits and cutting costs/saving money that the product they'd offer for a new park would be absolutely shockingly bad. I've dealt with the company on several occasions now and nothing is more apparent than their stinginess.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Oh that's sad to hear. Obviously most of us don't get to see the internal workings when we visit. The parks do look a bit shoestring but that was part of the appeal. I just sort of assumed they did the best with what they had and that was why it was the way it was. And the staff we met all seemed really happy.

Crap if they are actually making more momey than it seems and not reinvesting it. I guess the Crealys by comparison are a really slick operation and you can see the investment there.

Niles

Giga Poster
I think i posting this in the right place, i am surprised there has not been much talk of this new park, tbf there's an antelope clone maybe..... and that's it for coasters as of this post.

Here is a drone construction update, there is a few flats down, water ride and some buildings. The one thing is that there is a lot of space for expansion, but correct me if i am wrong but this is more of a nature park than a theme park?

Peet

Giga Poster
Amazing - it looks like a bunch of rides being stored on a farm!
No sign of the fabled Antelope clone yet either, they will need to make a start on that before long if it really is going to open next year.

But to be positive for a moment, this *is* a new park opening in the UK for the first time in many years, good for them, I hope it is a sucess.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Would've much rather have seen a GG family woodie than an outdated Antelope clone, but should be a fine addition none the less.

Efan

Mega Poster
Would've much rather have seen a GG family woodie than an outdated Antelope clone, but should be a fine addition none the less.
Well clearly but I'm willing to bet at least £0.50 that a GG woodie would have cost a smidgen more than an Antelope clone. It's Gulliver's.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Well clearly but I'm willing to bet at least £0.50 that a GG woodie would have cost a smidgen more than an Antelope clone. It's Gulliver's.
Even if it was a clone of the likes of Wood Express? At least you'd be getting a much better ride out of it that ****ealope.

Efan

Mega Poster
Even if it was a clone of the likes of Wood Express? At least you'd be getting a much better ride out of it that :emoji_poop:ealope.
Yeah probably. Gulliver's appears to be going for the "spread our parks all over the UK like a plague" approach instead of making something half-decent so I would say that they're gonna build the cheapest wooden coaster they can get the plans to.

Niles

Giga Poster
I have a conspiracy, no evidence but i found it interesting that each park in there chain lost a coaster last year. I think one or more might go here, again this is unlikely i just found it coincidental that they all went the same year.

https://rcdb.com/7026.htm
https://rcdb.com/2545.htm
https://rcdb.com/2022.htm

One or more extra coasters plus the woodie (if that's still happening) would be a great start for the park. Or more likely im just over thinking it as in the plans there is only the woodie shown and the coasters were old, but things can change.

Also two of the coasters are the same.

Niles

Giga Poster
Here is a new fly over done by a channel called Neil Fisher, not much has happened by my eyes outer than some painting.

Also RCDB has added another coaster coming to this park, and one of there outher parks for 2020, it says it will have spinning cars so 100% Extreme spinner confirmed ;), probably just some SBF spinners.

https://rcdb.com/17394.htm

Last edited: