What's new

Cedar Point | Steel Vengeance | RMC I-Box (Mean Streak Conversion)

cleverwittyusername

Roller Poster
http://www.kxly.com/features/made-i...rthwest-rocky-mountain-construction/586841280
Nice little video spotlight of RMC by a local Spokane news station. Lucky guy got to actually ride on the new raptor track. As far as this thread goes, at the 2:40 mark there's a not-so-subtle confirmation that RMC Mean Streak will be the tallest and fastest hybrid (not that it wasn't already obvious, but still interesting to hear it from the horse's mouth).

Tim H

Roller Poster
I think the name Railblazer still fits a steampunk outlaw theme. the Gatling gun that we see isn't in color so as far as we know this may be a mad maxed (that's a word right) flamethrower, you can also look at the face of this "outlaw" that there is some sort of a mask or goggles like it is used for some sort of protection from something, perhaps flames?
Actually Instead of steampunk maybe we should be thinking steam train because weren't trains a huge part of the wild west?

Snoo

The Legend
I went to CP earlier this week and seeing it in person changes the perspective of the ride. It's actually quite enormous, especially with the structure.

TLARides

Hyper Poster
I don't recall any CF rides being named "Railblazer", and I think a Steampunk Outlaw theme would be good. Will Smith pulled it off, why can't CP?

I'm probably a little late with this statement, maybe. But if CP is going for a Steampunk Outlaw theme, they can do better than Railblazer.

Maybe something like "Steampunk Run" or something like that?

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Regarding RMC's redesigned trains - don't expect a wildly new design. They rolled out their 3rd generation of rolling stock last year. Their generational updates might only feature minor geometry changes for added safety, robustness, durability, and/or ergonomics.

Also regarding the Railblazer trademark - the other character on the teaser poster is carrying a hammer:

That looks pretty much like a hammer that railroad workers would use to drive spikes into railroad ties. Take that for what you will.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
A media hard hat tour has been scheduled tomorrow for the construction. Hopefully some more discussion and details continue from the park as we get closer to announcement.

cleverwittyusername

Roller Poster
Both posters have "875" on them. Does this number mean anything significant?

Possible explanations:
1. They'll officially announce the name and details of the ride on 8/7 at 5pm.
2. It'll cost $875 to ride it.
3. There will be 8 trains, each with 75 cars.
4. The first drop will be 87.5 degrees
5. The ride will be closed for 875 days in a row after one week of successful operation to start the 2018 season.

TLARides

Hyper Poster
Possible explanations:
1. They'll officially announce the name and details of the ride on 8/7 at 5pm.
2. It'll cost $875 to ride it.
3. There will be 8 trains, each with 75 cars.
4. The first drop will be 87.5 degrees
5. The ride will be closed for 875 days in a row after one week of successful operation to start the 2018 season.
The 87.5° drop seems the most likely out of the 5 reasons you listed.