What's new

Cedar Point | Steel Vengeance | RMC I-Box (Mean Streak Conversion)

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Look at the things you can embed when you use the Media Button! :p

Cedar Point has also moved their third web cam to now cover Mean Streak construction: https://www.cedarpoint.com/explore/live-video
camera3.jpg

Brieana

Roller Poster
Apparently on July 5th, Cedar Fair/Point filed to trade mark the name Railblazer. Found on the @cp.ki.obsession instagram when I searched #rmcmeanstreak today

Last edited:

codeman94

Mega Poster
I'm going to guess Railblazer is a a promotional campaign. The trademark searches are fun, but if you look at the timing, I don't think we'll find anything before an announcement from Cedar Fair. The trademark application for Valravn wasn't processed until after the park announced it. Cedar Fair probably knows we're watching those.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
Someone on Facebook also pointed out that Cedar Point's rides are always trademarked under Cedar Point instead of Cedar Fair, so under that assumption I think we can safely say this isn't for CP. If it's at all worth noting, Six Flags St. Louis's River King Mine Train also operated under the name Rail Blazer when it had the standup trains. Worlds of Fun is roughly in the same region so I'm wondering if any sort of attraction/aversion to WoF would be worth considering when trying to assign a home to this Railblazer name.

Also, Railblazer doesn't really fit the "they're coming" teaser campaign CP has been launching. We all know Tony Clark is the biggest troll in the amusement industry so I'd take anything with a grain of salt but if they're going with a consistent teaser campaign, a ride that hints at a group of something coming in doesn't fit a name like Railblazer in my opinion.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
For those interested, here are all the active trademarks for Cedar Fair: https://www.trademarkia.com/company-cedar-fair-lp-222594-page-1-2

Centurion is still up for grabs. ;)

To also give further context for those unfamiliar with trademarks, you'll notice the Railblazer copyright is for merchandise related items. This is typical, as the real value of the trademark is for t-shirts, keychains, etc. sold using the branding, rather than the ride itself.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Railblazer sounds an awful lot like what I'd call a new single rail coaster, if any manufacturer offers anything new like that...?

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
^ Forgot Aquatrax.

Looking back at timelines, August is the earliest Cedar Point typically announces their attractions:

• Valravn - September 10
  • Rougarou - September 18
  • Gatekeeper - August 12
  • Maverick - September 7
  • TTD - January 9 (construction began the prior fall)
  • Wicked Twister - November 20
  • MF - July 22
Given that we've already began construction, and plenty of pomp and circumstance has already surrounded the project since the eulogy of Mean Streak, I'd guess an early August announcement for New Mean Streak - Say August 10?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^I'm kinda with you. The only thing that is a little bit exciting is the trajectory that that lift hill is on.