What's new

Cedar Point | Steel Vengeance | RMC I-Box (Mean Streak Conversion)

codeman94

Mega Poster
^ hahaha.

It's going so high! Already taller than Mean Streak was, and still probably 5 more "up" ledgers to go, maybe more, before it levels off?

codeman94

Mega Poster
They are REALLY ramping up promotion. I think less than 30 days from a full onslaught of announcement and promotion. Its about to blow.

cmlaporte

Roller Poster
IMG_0111.PNG

So, there is a third poster apparently? This is a screen shot from a YouTube vid uploaded today by Ohio valley coasters.

Looks like the Maverick character but then again that's not certain. There are differences in the hat and hair silhouette. The reward is $1000 for this character. How would this relate to $875 and it's meaning?

A guess: feels like these characters are all the RMC's being grouped from across Cedar Fair leading to a debut of RMC to CF "They're Coming" '1,000' doesn't make much sense yet though.

TLARides

Hyper Poster
View attachment 1546

So, there is a third poster apparently? This is a screen shot from a YouTube vid uploaded today by Ohio valley coasters.

Looks like the Maverick character but then again that's not certain. There are differences in the hat and hair silhouette. The reward is $1000 for this character. How would this relate to $875 and it's meaning?

A guess: feels like these characters are all the RMC's being grouped from across Cedar Fair leading to a debut of RMC to CF "They're Coming" '1,000' doesn't make much sense yet though.
What if 1,000 is how long the ride is? It'd make for a short ride.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

NAPayne31

Mega Poster
That third character looks like McCree from Overwatch so McCree from Overwatch theme confirmed?
latest

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
"WRMC Radio" - hah, clever.

Here's text from the Cedar Point Blog Post that accompanied the video:

THE 2018 SNEAK PEEK CONTEST

posted by Tony Clark on July 20, 2017
Please read every detail in this very special blog entry. Your chance of winning depends on it!

Back in the day, AM radio ruled the airwaves and programming ranged from simple talk shows to full-blown audio productions with music, storytelling and acting.

Old radio westerns were also popular. Tales of gun-slingin', romance and ridin' across the prairie were the subjects of these stories. And what an art form - imagine telling a story with absolutely no visuals; just sound.

Well imagine our surprise when we found an old AM radio western titled, "What's Mine is Mine!!!" in our park archives. (Why we have this, I don't know - but we did have our own radio station here at one time. Did you know that?)

Anyway, in it, there was this peculiar news break that we thought you should hear. It involves something big. And a way for you to see it first.

I'll be the first to tell you, even though this is old, you should still give it a go.

https://www.cedarpoint.com/blog/be-the-first-to-see-it
Announcement will not be until at least September.

Last edited:

Wablamo0821

Roller Poster
According to the official rules of the contest, the winners will receive access to view the ride animation before the "announcement". Entrants must be in by end of July, and winners will be notified no later than August 4th. I'm thinking late August, early September announcement.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
I'm pretty sure Railblazer isn't being used for this now, that was the only part of the video with TC that I felt he answered concisely, without a smile or fireback question.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
WRMC, I love it! :p

I'm definitely entering and I'm definitely hoping to do this, just gotta think of something sarcastic and funny enough for Tony Clark standards. Not a big fan of all the hype for it but it will at least be the best coaster in Ohio, so I'll at least go into it with that expectation. But with all the buzz now before they even spent a penny on marketing I can only imagine how badly it'll blow up now...

Fun fact: At Mystic Timbers Media Day I jokingly asked Tony if Mean Streak would have a shed and he just said, "Mean Streak's gone, I don't know what you're talking about."