What's new

"Zooom", Zamperla Air Force coaster for Flamingoland

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Nice find.

It looks a lot like their collection of crap at the entrance, but I bet it would be really cute with a jungle exploer theme over in Africa.

Lofty

CF Legend
At least they're bothering to add something, even if it is just this, good on them. I really like Flamingoland, I just like the family atmosphere there.

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
Woo, unexpected new cred.

I'm sure it'll be good fun for younger kids (and their parents), although I suspect that's all it'll really appeal to. It looks like these things never really leave the ground, and are basically just a series of S-bends. Still, it makes sense given their target market.

Ben

CF Legend
Is this the thing they have at Parque De A... whatever in Madrid? That they don't let you on >.< I hope that means Flaminge's is kiddie only as well then, cause, I CBA to go there AGAIN...

nadroJ

CF Legend
Oh this means I might have to actually go up north for the Live now, bah. Such a credit whore, I couldn't bear (or bare?) to miss out lol. That, and Sam hasn't been and I'm slowly moulding him into a coaster enthusiast, and as such he should be excited about visiting these exciting new places with me =]

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I had a brief email exchange with Nick at Flamingoland, he's confirmed that it will be open in the summer and it's a Zamperla Airforce 5. It's a custom layout significantly longer than the standard ride.

As always, I'm glad to see Flamingoland adding to their portfolio. Although this isn't a ride that is specifically aimed at my level of thrill, I'm sure families will love it.

As for ceredit whoring it, I hope people realise that it's a one adult per row ride!

Mushroom

Goon of the Year
Well it looks like I will ride this when the park is quiet =] If is under construction on my first visit, I will make sure I get plenty of photos

Martyn B

CF Legend
Well I hope this custom model will actually be more like a coaster. The model on their website seems more like an Inverted one of these:

isi6gg8fvodva002v0br2e.jpg

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^ They are quite good fun tbh. I rode Mini Mouse Cartoon at Parc St Paul's. For the novelty factor, it was grand, although le ride op let it run for eight circuits..I soon got bored,.

nadroJ

CF Legend
^Haha, 8 circuits!

Ride op: 'Who wants to go again?!' (or French equivalent)
Crying children and Ian: 'Pleeeease make it stop!'

.:Matt:.

Roller Poster
In an article in the Bridlington Free Press, it was just announced that the ride will be called Swoosh... :lol:

dj-fireball999

Mega Poster
Looks like quite a good addition to the park, I just hope that the custom layout is a bit more interesting than the standard layout found on these rides! :)

Pierre

Strata Poster
Flamingo Land have replaced the Spongebog Squarepants 4D movie with - "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 4D".

For movie fans and ride enthusiasts alike, our 4D Cinema experience is well worth a visit. Add a whole new dimension to your viewing pleasure with a mix of three-axis movement, superb sound and spectacular effects. This audiovisual sensation combines water sprays, bubbles, wind, leg ticklers, smoke and much, much more, faithfully bringing all the on-screen action to life.

Our latest 4D extravaganza features a spaghetti tornado, ice cream storms and a downpour of cheeseburgers. Cloudy with a chance of Meat Balls is sure to keep the whole family entertained in a 4D extravaganza!

imageyvm.jpg

Nic

Strata Poster
Oh ffs, I never saw the SpongeBob one and always wanted to. I guess they'll have it at Blackpool (eventually) though?

That balls film was pretty good, but I don't think it was popular enough to warrant having its own attraction. Mind you, it can't possibly be any worse than that Happy Feet abomination at Drayton. Or Time Voyagers.