What's new

Zip World Tower | Tower Coaster | Wiegand CoasterKart | 2021

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Does Norway even have any proper amusement parks besides Tusenfryd? Aside from the odd Zamperla, Zierer and Alpine Coaster.

Last edited:

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Does Norway even have any proper amusement parks besides Tusenfryd? Aside from the odd Zamperla, Zierer and Alpine Coaster.
The most visited theme park in Norway is Kristiansand Dyrepark (Wikipedia link), with an average annual attendance over twice that of TusenFryd, but it has no coasters. It is primarily a zoo with some attractions. Quite good themeing, though!

Oh, and Kongeparken, which @Eyebrows mentioned, is easily a better park than TusenFryd too, in every department except coasters. And, possibly, location. It's a bit of a hassle to get to from abroad.

Will

Strata Poster
To be fair to Norway, I thought TusenFryd was supposedly getting an inverted coaster soon?
I got excited for a moment then - until I remembered it's that bloody Gerstlauer shuttle thing. Otherwise, I'm very much part of the Tusenfryd defense league :)

In other news, I wonder when we'll be allowed into Wales to ride the Tower Coaster, though I'll admit I'm in no rush. I've done the Fforest coaster and wasn't exactly enthralled...

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
POV of the Rowdy Bear ride:-

Carries some nice speed on the downhill portion. Looks like it will have some nice laterals, and I especially like the look of the drop at the 1:00 mark, looks like there could genuinely be airtime there. If the one at Zip World is anything like this, I will be quite happy. Just hope there are no slow buggers in front of me.

Last edited:

VonRolland

Hyper Poster
POV of the Rowdy Bear ride:-

Carries some nice speed on the downhill portion. Looks like it will have some nice laterals, and I especially like the look of the drop at the 1:00 mark. If the one at Zip World is anything like this, I will be quite happy. Just hope there are no slow buggers in front of me.
Looks to have some decent speed, BEARing in mind this will depend on the guest's in front whether they wanna PAW'S on the layout which hopefully they don't not only will it 'ruin' the ride but it's just Bar-BEAR-ric behaviour. I'll Stop...

But seriously it looks to have some good speed provided the course is clear (25mph max), according to RCDB this one is about 670M long where as the Welsh Coasterkart is 1000M & you get 2 lap's so to speak. Hope it has a little pop like the one above, that looks good at full speed. Still a bit pricy but it's basically on par with everything in regard to Zip World pricing ey

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
I think the counter is actually a bit dodgy because I've been watching it quite a bit recently, and I'm pretty sure I actually hit it like a week ago.
Not all forums count towards the post count. As far as I can remember, posts in Forum Fun and Members don't add to your count. Still, I think it was this post that made your official count reach the nice, round number.

Peet

Giga Poster
Ha congrats ATI, and thanks for the update, I hope the coaster is more than just a figure of 8 but it's hard to tell at this stage 🤔.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Not all forums count towards the post count. As far as I can remember, posts in Forum Fun and Members don't add to your count. Still, I think it was this post that made your official count reach the nice, round number.
For what it's worth, as a final digression - the only forum where your posts aren't counted towards the total is Forum Fun. That said, I don't think the counting is always instantaneous. I've noticed sometimes the post count won't change for a hour or two, then jump up by two/three in one go. I don't know enough about the technical side of it, but possibly just to do with the way the different things are added up/refreshed over time periods.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I wonder if there's any chance of this opening in April
The site as a whole and the Phoenix zip line was originally planned to open in March, and the coaster was originally intended to open in April. However I imagine it has been pushed back, like the opening of the site. So I would say sometime in the middle of May to be the opening.