What's new

Zip World Tower | Tower Coaster | Wiegand CoasterKart | 2021

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Seems like the new Zip World site in South Wales could be getting the second Wiegand CoasterKart (not the same place that has Fforest Coaster):-

"Zip World Tower will be home to 2 shiny new adventures; Zip World Phoenix, the world’s fastest seated zip line, and Zip World Tower Coaster, Europe’s only side-by-side karted coaster of its kind. Based in Cynon Valley, in the heart of the Rhigos mountain range, south Wales, our new Zip World site is the 4th to open, and our 1st outside of the Snowdonia national park in north Wales. We’re thrilled to be able to bring our unique adventures and experiences down south and breathe a new lease of life into the old coal mining site of Tower Colliery, whilst still utilising and conserving the site’s rich history.

Both Phoenix and Tower Coaster are available as separate gift vouchers, and prices start from just £25. These are the perfect gifts this Christmas for thrill-seekers and families alike, with an adventure to suit everyone’s taste.

If you’re looking to gift for a family or kids, we’d recommend trying the Tower Coaster, perfect for anyone over the age of 4. If the lucky recipients are slightly older or enjoy the pump of an adrenaline rush, opt for our Phoenix zip line. If you purchase a voucher now, the recipient will get a chance at exclusive pre-booking too, meaning they can be one of the first to try these exciting new adventures!

Thank you all very much for your support ahead of our spring 2021 Zip World Tower opening, and we look forward to welcoming you to our brand new site."

Tower_Voucher_Blog_Cover.png

Just to remind you what the CoasterKart is:-

Last edited:

TilenB

Strata Poster
Seems like the new Zip World site in South Wales could be getting the first Wiegand CoasterKart

That's great news! It probably won't be the first one, as one of these already got built in Pigeon Forge, but is yet to open (presumably due to COVID).

Excited to see these pop up elsewhere in the coming years too!

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
That's great news! It probably won't be the first one, as one of these already got built in Pigeon Forge, but is yet to open (presumably due to COVID).

Excited to see these pop up elsewhere in the coming years too!
Oh fair enough, I had no idea one was being built in Pigeon Forge but it isn't exactly surprising.

VonRolland

Hyper Poster
Seems like the new Zip World site in South Wales could be getting the second Wiegand CoasterKart (not the same place that has Fforest Coaster):-

"Zip World Tower will be home to 2 shiny new adventures; Zip World Phoenix, the world’s fastest seated zip line, and Zip World Tower Coaster, Europe’s only side-by-side karted coaster of its kind. Based in Cynon Valley, in the heart of the Rhigos mountain range, south Wales, our new Zip World site is the 4th to open, and our 1st outside of the Snowdonia national park in north Wales. We’re thrilled to be able to bring our unique adventures and experiences down south and breathe a new lease of life into the old coal mining site of Tower Colliery, whilst still utilising and conserving the site’s rich history.

Both Phoenix and Tower Coaster are available as separate gift vouchers, and prices start from just £25. These are the perfect gifts this Christmas for thrill-seekers and families alike, with an adventure to suit everyone’s taste.

If you’re looking to gift for a family or kids, we’d recommend trying the Tower Coaster, perfect for anyone over the age of 4. If the lucky recipients are slightly older or enjoy the pump of an adrenaline rush, opt for our Phoenix zip line. If you purchase a voucher now, the recipient will get a chance at exclusive pre-booking too, meaning they can be one of the first to try these exciting new adventures!

Thank you all very much for your support ahead of our spring 2021 Zip World Tower opening, and we look forward to welcoming you to our brand new site."

Tower_Voucher_Blog_Cover.png

Just to remind you what the CoasterKart is:-

Looks like a fantastic small scale model am i right in saying it's powered by LIM's?

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Excellent to see! Have to admit I'm a little disappointed it's only on flat land given the hills around (I would love an Alpine Coaster at their Penrhyn Quarry location), but I guess it's not surprising since it's powered. Oh well, I'm still looking forward to hopefully getting to this place in the near future.

I actually have about 5 or 6 activities booked for the North Wales locations this year and I can't wait, they are awesome even if they are overpriced.

Peet

Giga Poster
It's £25 to ride - ouch!

Having said that I'm so desperate for creds at the moment I'd happily cough up

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
We've been covering this in the Small News from the Industry thread. The thing is already half-built.

Honestly not really worth its own thread given the circumstances.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Seeing as both the Flamingoland 10-inverter and Storm Chaser at Paultons have already completed construction, is this the biggest coaster currently under construction in the UK at the moment?