What's new

Your worst spite

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
They said it was "chavvy" and that it was just "rides stuck on bits of concrete with no atmosphere". I don't personally agree with these statements, but hey ho, it's a matter of opinion!
Heh heh. And yet BGT has got to be in the top 5% of U.S. parks in terms of theming. What were they expecting — Disney or Europa?

As for it being chavvy, that’s just as baffling. Have they been to Thorpe Park? Lol.

Matt N

CF Legend
Heh heh. And yet BGT has got to be in the top 5% of U.S. parks in terms of theming. What were they expecting — Disney or Europa?

As for it being chavvy, that’s just as baffling. Have they been to Thorpe Park? Lol.
They have been to Thorpe Park, actually. They described Busch as being "like Thorpe Park on steroids". Interpret that however you wish.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
I guess I can mention/update one for myself. Back in February I went to Singapore for my birthday <3
And I ended up missing Battlestar Galactica : Human at Universal Studios (But I did get to do Cylon twice and it was glorious) it was closed the entire day and had no hope of opening. So that kinda ...sucks... missing a major coaster that's 10,400 miles from your house (basically half way around the world....) and one you most likely wont go back to.

Matt N

CF Legend
We're visiting Blackpool (the Pleasure Beach) this month, so I'm hoping they like it! I've been told that BPB has quite a nice atmosphere now.

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
Dont let them go to Blackpool or Kennywood then if they think BGT is chavvy
To me, the closest equivalent to chavvy would be a park in the Jersey shore. I’m guessing they meant more like redneck-y or hick-y or just sort of trashy?? (I hate using the term trash for people, but it’s hard to get the right term.)

Nick13

Mega Poster
I got spite on my US trip in June from Flying Turns at Knoebels (rained all day), Sky Rocket at Kennywood and Volcano at KD.

Was pretty gutted about Volcano as that’s one I’ve wanted to do for years now. But we did well overall on the trip and it was a relief to get Steel Vengeance once it was on 2 trains and also Lightning Rod, which at the time seemed to be running very well both days we visited. Also got on Goliath at SFNE just after it opened for the season, which I would rather have been spited by... The jolt coming down that first spike on the back row was a painful experience!

GeodieCoasterFan

Mega Poster
We're visiting Blackpool (the Pleasure Beach) this month, so I'm hoping they like it! I've been told that BPB has quite a nice atmosphere now.

unless its changed a lot since May last year. Always been a giant fair in a hole of a town for me ( rides are still with riding especially Valhalla)

To me, the closest equivalent to chavvy would be a park in the Jersey shore. I’m guessing they meant more like redneck-y or hick-y or just sort of trashy?? (I hate using the term trash for people, but it’s hard to get the right term.)

If you said chavvy to me I would think something is trampy and edgy

I cant even see trashy for BGT but each to their own opinion and views are created by the life you live. One persons chavvy is another person rugged I suppose

Matt N

CF Legend
I'm quite lucky in that I actually haven't had that many spites in my time as an enthusiast. The main ones I can think of are:
  • Saw at Thorpe Park breaking down after we queued 2 hours for it during school trip season (July 2018). Thankfully, I had ridden it two months prior, but I don't know about anyone else in my group.
  • Only getting 5 of the 8 credits at Busch Gardens Tampa, although that was down to my family hating the place and wanting to leave ASAP rather than the park's fault (August 2016).
  • Nemesis Inferno at Thorpe Park breaking down before we were going to join the queue (May 2018). Again, I had ridden this before.
Other than that, I'd say I've been quite lucky.
I now have an additional one to add to this list:
  • G Force at Drayton Manor being closed all day. I wasn't too surprised by this, however, as the ride had apparently been quite unreliable all season so far. (August 2018)

James F

Hyper Poster
It's not that great to be honest. I don't understand why people hate it though. It's a short and slow ride, but the chain lift loop delivers some good hangtime.
I now have an additional one to add to this list:
  • G Force at Drayton Manor being closed all day. I wasn't too surprised by this, however, as the ride had apparently been quite unreliable all season so far. (August 2018)

Sent from my G3221 using Tapatalk

Matt N

CF Legend
It's not that great to be honest. I don't understand why people hate it though. It's a short and slow ride, but the chain lift loop delivers some good hangtime.

Sent from my G3221 using Tapatalk
Ah OK. Even though I've done an X-Car before, I did kind of want to try that lift hill, as there are only 2 of them in the world. My parents have hinted that they may take me back to Drayton next year, though, so that's a plus!

Luca B

Mega Poster
This year my 2 most anticipated coasters that I would be riding were El Toro and Lightning Rod, El Toro was closed the duration of my visit, and I’m going to Dollywood for the first time in a few days, and it does not look like Lightning Rod will open any time soon. Also, Tonnere de Zeus was closed when I went to Parc Asterix. Other than that I have been pretty lucky though.

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
This year my 2 most anticipated coasters that I would be riding were El Toro and Lightning Rod, El Toro was closed the duration of my visit, and I’m going to Dollywood for the first time in a few days, and it does not look like Lightning Rod will open any time soon. Also, Tonnere de Zeus was closed when I went to Parc Asterix. Other than that I have been pretty lucky though.
OK, for those first two you deserve some serious sympathy. That is rough.