What's new

Your worst spite

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Holiday World's legend was my first major spite. I've been pretty lucky really. All other biggish ones I knew about prior to visiting really. The dark ride coaster thing at Wonderland broke down with us in line then remained closed. And Space Mountain in Cali was scheduled to be down but didn't know until a couple of days before... But that's my fault. Big Bad Wolf was still in one piece but closed for good when I first visited BGW. That was a bit spiteful. But I knew about it prior to visit.

Been very lucky. No MAJOR unexpected spite to date.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

TilenB

Strata Poster
^ It's not the only time you're visiting Copenhagen in your life, right? You'll live. ;)

I've actually driven (on the bus) by it a few years ago, seen the rides in motion, but couldn't visit, since I was on school trip with very limited time to explore the city. C'est la vie.

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
TilenB said:
^ It's not the only time you're visiting Copenhagen in your life, right? You'll live

Well it's funny you should say that actually! I picked up a 750dk fine on the metro for having an out of date return ticket (would have paid for the right ticket if I knew I was in the wrong) and am refusing to pay. I've told the Danish metro to get me extradited if they are that bothered about it. Don't really want to make it any easier for them so I doubt I'll be heading back to Denmark in the near future...

oriolat2

Giga Poster
I think my only big spite was Bandit being closed the first time I visited MoviePark with Ben.

I know it's a terrible coaster but it was another +1. (Un)fortunately, I had the chance to visit the park again last year and it was open. Scored it. Never going to that hole until they open something substantial... which I am afraid they might pretty soon...

Smithy

Strata Poster
Was about to bump this for being spited by the kids coaster in Gran Canaria (the exact same **** one that I got spited by in Benidorm), to the point I realised I was becoming a bit of a whore when I tried to plead with the guy in broken Spanish that I really really liked ninja turtles and so wanted to ride in one and that I'd already ridden the big coaster and even shrunk down next to the sign saying I was too tall.

But catching up through the topic saw you all gloating about Chris for missing Tivoli specifically for Rutschebanen, that **** was closed because of the snow back when I went :(

Ben

CF Legend
oriolat2 said:
I think my only big spite was Bandit being closed the first time I visited MoviePark with Ben.

I know it's a terrible coaster but it was another +1. (Un)fortunately, I had the chance to visit the park again last year and it was open. Scored it. Never going to that hole until they open something substantial... which I am afraid they might pretty soon...

Ugh bloody Bandit.

i don't want to have to go back though.

Bastard Screamin' Squirrel was shut at Gardaland. It looks awful but it's fairly unique still and they keep saying they'll get rid of it.

Smithy

Strata Poster
Aye that one, but ignore me, brain melt.

For some reason had it in my head that it was the same one as Draky in that Festilandia place (same model and cars, not literally same one) but that's not even true either so I have no idea. I'm sure I've seen and it's been closed the same ride somewhere else with the same characters but I now can't for the life of me fathom where.

Tomatron

Giga Poster
Worst spites without a doubt were Dinoconda and Wood Coaster in China.

X2 and Cannibal get honorable mentions, but this was cushioned by the fact that I knew they were going to be closed prior to visiting them.

Lucy

Hyper Poster
The only spite I've had was when I went to Florida and Hollywood Rip Ride Rocket was closed when Maurer coasters had that restraint issue so I'm quite glad about that.

I thought I'd miss out on Superman Escape at WBMW as when me and my friend got to the park, it was raining and they had a sign up saying it doesn't operate in wet weather! Luckily the weather cleared up and we were able to go on it which was a relief as it remains one of my most favourite coasters :)

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
New worst spite: Lightning Rod for my bachelor party.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Smithy said:
Was about to bump this for being spited by the kids coaster in Gran Canaria (the exact same **** one that I got spited by in Benidorm), to the point I realised I was becoming a bit of a whore when I tried to plead with the guy in broken Spanish that I really really liked ninja turtles and so wanted to ride in one and that I'd already ridden the big coaster and even shrunk down next to the sign saying I was too tall.

But catching up through the topic saw you all gloating about Chris for missing Tivoli specifically for Rutschebanen, that **** was closed because of the snow back when I went :(
I got spited by Los Simpson this week too, but like you I've decided not to beg for creds.
The boy got it though, so good for him, that's the only cred he has that I don't so far.

Hyde said:
New worst spite: Lightning Rod for my bachelor party.
You win Hyde, not many will get a worse one than that.

djmcbell

Roller Poster
Forgot I was still registered here.

Formula Rossa at Ferrari World Abu Dhabi. World's fastest (think it still is). On our way back to the UK after seeing my family in Australia, we make a stop-over at Dubai especially to go to this park, taking a taxi from Dubai over to Yas Island.

And the bloody thing was closed for maintenance.

They did give us a discount on the tickets, and we still bought them. Shame on us. I gather that the park has gotten a lot better in recent years (and they tell you now on the website what rides are down - this was back in December 2010) but back then the park was completely empty and lifeless.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Well, it hasn't officially happend yet..... but over the next 3 days I should be missing out on both GaleForce annddd Lightning Rod. Who would have thought a trip planned for late July would encounter so many "new for this year" rides... not open. ZzZzz

But, uh, I'll still get to ride FireChaser?

ThomVD

Giga Poster
I read through this topic to make me feel a little better. Got spited by Alpina Blitz last week, which was one of my most anticipated coasters left in Europe :(