What's new

Your most ridden rollercoaster models

Matt N

CF Legend
Hi guys. My spinning mouse count thread I just made meant that it just dawned upon me that the Reverchon spinning mouse coaster might just be my most ridden rollercoaster model, so I thought it might be fun to see what some of the coaster models that take up the largest proportion of our coaster counts are.

I’ll get the ball rolling with mine, and I’ve managed to whittle it down to the top 3 (well, the only 3 that had more than 2 ridden, anyway. I have quite a few 2s and 1s)
  1. Spinning Coaster - Reverchon (5 ridden, 6.94% of count)
  2. Inverted Coaster - Bolliger & Mabillard (5 ridden, 6.94% of count)
  3. Blauer Enzian/Powered Coaster - Mack Rides (3 ridden, 4.17% of count)
But what coaster models take up the largest proportion of your count?

Heth

Mega Poster
Similar to you, Mack Powered Coasters seem to be the most dominant.

I appear to have 6.

Casey Jr.
Flying Fish
Scorpion Express
Runaway Mine Train
Alpenexpress
Grottenblitz

Of larger coasters I have a tie between B&M Dive and Inverted Coasters at 4 each.

Matt N

CF Legend
Similar to you, Mack Powered Coasters seem to be the most dominant.

I appear to have 6.

Casey Jr.
Flying Fish
Scorpion Express
Runaway Mine Train
Alpenexpress
Grottenblitz

Of larger coasters I have a tie between B&M Dive and Inverted Coasters at 4 each.
I hate to rain on your parade, but Casey Jr. is actually a Vekoma Powered Coaster; the only one ever built, in fact!

But still, 5 Mack Powered Coasters is nothing to be ashamed of, and you still have the ability to claim having ridden the world’s only Vekoma Powered Coaster!

i305_zack

Mega Poster
B&M inverts, I have ridden five I think from what I remember, my coaster count is 105, Batman the ride, Banshee, Raptor, Flight Deck, and Silver Bullet, I think my fav is prob flight deck but I need to get on raptor again cuz I only rode it once

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I don't have the time (well, I do but nah) or inclination to properly check the numbers. I've got a basic cred spreadsheet, but haven't included coaster types on it (maybe a project for later), but if I had to guess and in no particular order:

Jungle Mouse
Powered Dragon
Golden Horse Spinner
Vekoma Boomerang
Vekoma SLC

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

Heth

Mega Poster
I hate to rain on your parade, but Casey Jr. is actually a Vekoma Powered Coaster; the only one ever built, in fact!

But still, 5 Mack Powered Coasters is nothing to be ashamed of, and you still have the ability to claim having ridden the world’s only Vekoma Powered Coaster!

Every day is a school day! Didn't know that.

SimonProD

Mega Poster
For me this is not just the number of creds but also the number of re-rides were parks and carnivals close to me will score of course highest.
  • Schwarzkopf Looping Racer - having ridden Nessie, Olympia, Alpina and Thriller so often this type/make will make my most ridden coasters
  • Gerstlauer Eurofighter/Infinity - just having Hansa-Park nearby easily makes these rank 2 on my list
  • Vekoma Boomerang - they are just everywhere
  • Mack Rides Wilde Maus - they are on our funfairs

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Mine is the good old B&M inverted coaster - 18 of em.
By quite a margin too - a quick scan of coaster-count suggests that all other contenders - mine trains, Mack mice, boomerangs, Vekoma family creds are all still in single figures.
My most ridden manufacturer though is Vekoma. It used to be B&M, but then I joined Coasterforce and started going to lots of tin pot little European parks that would otherwise never have popped up on my radar, so now Vekoma have surged ahead and I can't see that ever changing now, unless I actively avoid riding any more Vekomas ever.
Actually, if it wasn't for all their 'new gen' stuff cropping up now, that wouldn't be an entirely unappealing prospect. ?

emoo

Hyper Poster
With the key word 'spinning' its 72 but that is a wild range of styles.

Got 22 B&M inverts and got a few in my bucket list to still be excited about.

Geeky Pastimes

Mega Poster
I think for a specific Model it'd probably be B&M inverts, I think I've done 7, but in terms of re-rides I think it's probably Mack Megacoasters just because they're so re-rideable. I've only done 4 of them but I've done Blue Fire and Helix so many times it eclipses anything other than perhaps the Disney rides (no idea how many times I've been on each of the Big Thunder Mountains)