What's new

Your Least Common Opinion?

Smithy

Strata Poster
Taron is hugely overrated whilst still being a very good ride.

Phantasialand on the whole isn't as good as people make out.

Flamingo Land is a great day out.

I know the key one though; VR on rides, if done well, is actually really fun.

Mack

Mega Poster
I LOVE Raptor; It's more intense than MF, A tad smoother (In the track!), but MF has the speed and pure fun. While Raptor is my favorite B&M invert that I've ridden (Unpopular opinion!), MF is probably the most fun I've EVER had on a roller coaster!
Now if you think it's better than Maverick, then we'll have to talk! ;)
Raptor is just at that perfect level of violence where it isn’t too much but it’s damn close when it rages through that corkscrew and into a blackout level helix. Maverick ticks all the same boxes of course and the false ending the first time I rode it was one of my favorite coaster moments ever, I was laughing so hard. Although Full Throttle is now top of the oh-sh_t launch category. Haha.

Zek_Teh_Kek

Hyper Poster
Raptor is just at that perfect level of violence where it isn’t too much but it’s damn close when it rages through that corkscrew and into a blackout level helix.
Can't forget the end into the brake run!
But yeah the helix is fab.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
I agree. ;)

That back row ride was one of the least pleasant coaster experiences I've ever had.
I agree ;)
The front was pretty good with a couple of minor rough spots, not enough to take away from the fabulous launch.
The back row was like nothing I've ever experienced for roughness, Condor was bad, this was actually unbearable.

balrog

Mega Poster
I agree ;)
The front was pretty good with a couple of minor rough spots, not enough to take away from the fabulous launch.
The back row was like nothing I've ever experienced for roughness, Condor was bad, this was actually unbearable.
Yeah, front row inner seat : great ride up until the brake run, then it started to get painfull AF.

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
I prefer Superman: Ultimate Flight to all the B&M Inverts I've ridden (5 - Black Mamba, Vampire La Ronde, OzIris, The Monster and Batman SFGAdv). Expected to be forceless gliding and it was, but I ended up loving that graceful flying sensation so much! Walk-on queueline probably helped though.

Banshee actually is fantastic. You brits who've been on it recently seem to be in the minority from what I've seen personally.

However, I do ADORE Indiana Beach and Cornball Express, something I find VERY rarely from those who've visited.

Banshee is a sack of crap. Yeah, it's pretty to look at, but I hated it during my 2015 visit and I hated it when I gave it a second and third chance this year. It's just a constant positive G-force with nothing good but a decent first drop and a good zero-G (which is only good because it provides relief from the positive Gs).

On the other hand, Cornball is good and I have to echo your sentiment about Indiana Beach. It has the same ghetto charm that Blackpool does, but on a much smaller scale :p

Mack

Mega Poster
I prefer Superman: Ultimate Flight to all the B&M Inverts I've ridden (5 - Black Mamba, Vampire La Ronde, OzIris, The Monster and Batman SFGAdv). Expected to be forceless gliding and it was, but I ended up loving that graceful flying sensation so much! Walk-on queueline probably helped though.

You need to check at Tatsu at SFMM :)

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I enjoy El Locos. I enjoy the timing of the turns, the flips and **** in such a tight space. For most people, they’re a chore, a plus 1 and nobody I’ve met shares the same opinion that they’re actually really good creds!

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
I enjoy El Locos. I enjoy the timing of the turns, the flips and :emoji_poop: in such a tight space. For most people, they’re a chore, a plus 1 and nobody I’ve met shares the same opinion that they’re actually really good creds!

Only ridden Timber Drop at Fraispertuis City and although I seem not to enjoy El Locos as much as you do, I still think they're good rides for the very small footprint mentioned above. The sequence of elements is quite inventive with an outward-banked turn, a downwards roll which you wouldn't expect to feature on a small-scale and relatively cheap ride. Fraispertuis' scenery in general is really charming too, which helps make the experience more enjoyable. I'm not exactly the same opinion as yours, but I do not strongly disagree either and understand your viewpoint :)

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
El Loco's are ****ing terrible. They're uncomfortable and ugly.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Let's open this can of worms again:
Kingda Ka is amazingly poo. ;)
Fixed for you.
In all honesty, a front row night ride was pretty good, anywhere else and any other time it's really just a tall +1 which rattles through the launch.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
While I accept that it's rattles through the launch, it's tall and it's fast and it's scary as hell. End of.