What's new

Your last WOW! moment

Efteling and Phantasialand resulted in numerous "WOW"s and general open jaw moments last year whilst wandering around them... I'd truly forgotten how good Phannyland was...

Also Helix...

My last WOW moment was Shambhala. I could not believe how much movement you have in the restraints and how open it felt. To the extent I said it would be possible to make a sandwich, on ride.

Sorry to sound like a broken record but Helix was easily the biggest wow moment I've recently had, I couldn't get my mind round how good it is.
My 2nd visit to Europa Park last year really opened my eyes to more than just the creds there, as we spent a lot of the day wandering around finding all sorts of rides, experiences and areas that I missed the first time. It's a lovely park overall and was a pleasure spending time there.

Its been a while but my last wow moment was probably Transformers at Universal Orlando. It was my first time on a ride of that type, the technology was amazing and I didn't expect a ride like that to be so thrilling and exciting.

I also echo what people have said about the Wizarding World of Harry Potter - it is so immersive and every little details surprises you.

Port Aventura was definitely a "wow" moment, considering it is one of the parks I had wanted to go to since I became an enthusiast, so walking up and seeing the area with Baco as well as the area with Dragon Khan and Shambz was pretty exciting.

Voyage was an incredible moment, but that wasn't recent. Another moment that really caught me off guard more than probably anything else (because it's a dinky looking coaster and you'd never expect it) was that one double down on Jack Rabbit at Kennywood. Never experience airtime like that!

My most recent "wow" moment has got to be from PortAventura a couple of months back (it's not like I've been too many places since then anyway!), and the two moments that stick out are the launch on Furius Baco and the whole of Shambhala.

I generally love launched coasters, with the major sense of anticipation as you are staring down the launch track and the overall adrenaline rush they give you, but the launch on Baco is just something else. Definitely the most powerful launch I've ever felt, and you just don't want it to stop. At the end of the ride, you quickly forget about the roughness of the rest of the ride and just focus on how brilliant the launch was.

Shambhala gets a "wow" from me every time I ride it. The way you're rarely in your seat, the big swoopy drops, the openness and comfortableness of the trains. I've never gotten off it without a huge smile on my face!

My latest "WOW! moment" has to be Juvelen! I've ridden some good, or even great, coasters since then. I've for example been on both Helix and Shambhala, and while both are mighty good rides they lack that last punch to "Wow!" me! Juvelen on the other hand totally blew me away!! I guess it was partly due to the surprice; that this small family ride could be so incredibly good! But it's as also true that the sensation of speed and thrill is a lot higher on Juvelen than on many large scale thrill coasters (like the two mentioned before). Juvelen <3

In the last year, Helix was probably the biggest, however my biggest WOW of all time was back in 2010 - Riding Balder for the first time in the back row......

The Helix night rides, stepping in to Phantasialand for the first time, and Expedtion GeForce's first drop in the back left seat at night time were all unbelievable.

I guess it's theme park related... But Alton Towers Fireworks, I literally couldn't stop myself from grinning and cannot help but smile every time I think about it; lasers, lights, loud music and most importantly fireworks, it's the best show I've ever watched!

In terms of rides, going to Hyde Park Winter Wonderland and getting to ride my favourite flat ride Air, and getting to experience XXL and Ski Jump (Rock Rage); I also got a new favourite coaster last year visiting PortAventura and riding Shambhala, not once but 20 times, it's that good, especially front row at night!

Conclusion... theme parks make me so happy, i get a wow moment pretty much any ride I go on aha!

^ Ands that's the way it should be! P

It's really interesting to read what makes people tick.

People keep saying to me don't I get bored going all the time (like equivalent of one a week although iI'd happily do more if I had the time and people to go with lol)... And the honest answer is no, yes trying to vary parks is nice but I literally couldn't get bored of theme parks and rides.

As for Port Aventura it was actually a disappointment for me to have 3 out of the 4 main coasters to be rough and uncomfortable (more forceless in Dragon Khans case) to the extent where I couldn't enjoy them maybe even losing the wow factor (although the launch and inversion on Baco are incredible, just think my IQ has lowered from the rest of the ride)... But Shambhala on the other hand, so smooth, forceful and the most airtime I've ever experienced, this ride has made me realise airtime is better than inversions - so unless I visit America any time soon there is no doubt this will be my favourite coaster for years to come!! Shambhala definitely has the X, I mean WOW factor :)

Goliath at SFGAm, then most of the Texas parks I visited (as I wanted to visit for quite some time), then Outlaw Run, then SkyRush.

SkyRush dates back to 2012 but those stick out the most.. Goliath being the biggest of all of them because it was such a "WTF!!" moment as it was truly like nothing I'd experienced (Outlaw Run isn't similar but just as good).

Oziris at ParcAsterix - back row. After wandering endlessly around the park, getting a headache after multiple rides on Goudurix, and enduring the long and stuffy queue, this was such an amazing experience. After the quick airtime pop and whip of the drop, the whole ride was just effortless.
It's not one of my favorite rides, but the timing was perfect.
Another OMG moment was front row on the far right on Furious Baco. The ride had just opened from one of its many breakdowns, so it was a walk-on. The launch was powerful, continuous, and most of all fun, but it didn't blow me away. The first turn did though; the fact that you're so close to the ground at 80mph, as well as (for once being a good thing) the roughness, made it incredible.

I recently went on my first Euro-fighter, which was also my first beyond-vertical drop! I went on Rock Bottom Plunge at Mall Of America and the entire ride impressed me, especially the drop and zero-g roll.

I rode my first RMC last year(Goliath at SFGAm.) and I was very impressed. The entire ride was extremely fun and amazing. I was just shocked at how good it was!

From over the last or so, and in no real order.

- Night ride on Helix
- Launch on Bullet Coaster (the whole coaster really)
- Radiator Springs Racers (the ride and the whole area it sits in)
- Walking into Mystic Point for the first time. Walking in from Grizzly Gulch is stunning.
- The special effects on Mystic Manor
- The launch section of Big Grizzly Mountain (not strong, but done very well)

gavin said:
- Launch on Bullet Coaster (the whole coaster really)
Bullet coaster is definitely on my to do list! Obviously the launch is incredible, but what's the rest of the layout like? A lot of airtime over the hills? Smoth ride?