What's new

Your 2011

fishman100

Mega Poster
This year was pretty good for me. I went to King's Dominion twice (once during my spring break and once in late June), BGW in early May, SFA in the spring, and most recently SFMM over the summer.

My only regret I had was not going to Knott's Berry Farm. We were originally intending to go there right before our trip to SFMM but that got canceled.

Next year I might visit Busch Gardens Africa, Universal Studios, Disneyworld, and probably Magic Mountain (since we go there practically every summer). Depending on when Apocalypse opens I might return to SFA to ride that.

I'm looking forward to another great year!

Pierre

Strata Poster
^ Worlds Crappiest Football Team too! :D

Anyway, I visited Alton Towers once with some mates from work. It was a good day.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
I walked in to Worlds of Fun twice, once before the park was open, and rode 2 rides all year, despite being there everyday. Then there was Texas Giant.

3 coasters this year, 1 new. Texas Giant <3 entire body orgasms

Bottom_Feeder_13

Hyper Poster
Can't really comment yet seeing as I still have one more trip to SFMM before the end of the year, but so far all I've done is go to SFMM 6 times and SFDK and Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk once each, first time for both, getting 13 new credits, 4 of them shameful little kiddies but oh well, and my first SLC.

dj-fireball999

Mega Poster
As far as I'm aware,I've done absolutely nothing with my life this year.

I went to Lightwater and had a few goes on The Ultimate - Something I never plan to do again.

Got all 5 credits there, so I'm not complaining.

Went to Alton a few times at towards the end of the season. Rode Th13teen countless times, (not that I think it's THAT great.)

Got a lovely job somewhere special that caters for my interests. :--D

And that's all I did in 2011 as far as parks and rides and stuff goes.

bizarrofan10

Hyper Poster
I had a great year. This was my first summer that I could call myself a true roller coaster fan. The highlites included:
1. I organized my very first trip, and what better parks are there than Cedar Point and King's Island for a debut trip.
2. I went to Six Flags New England on opening day and I was the 3rd ever person (not including media day) to ride Gotham City Gauntlet. The ride sucked, but I can say that I go down in history.
3. I went to Dorney towards the end of summer and loved it.
4. I went to Lake Compounce in the Haunted Graveyard this October and rode Boulderdash in the dark at night.

All in all, 5 parks and countless memories.

I will never forget the 2011 season because it was my first season as a true fan and my first ever actual trip. I can't wait for 2012: even bigger trip and 2 times the parks!

A-Kid

Giga Poster
Haven't had the chance to do many parks... But on the other hand I managed to get to Drayton Manor for the first time this year...

It wasn't as bad as I was expecting, but there was no atmosphere at all... no music or anything. Shockwave was good, G Force was horrific and that had nothing to do with the layout. The restraint was like an actual clamp and hurt like hell. Maelstrom was very good. Storm Force 10 was.... moist. The Haunting? OMG Cheap and tacky crappy Hex! Apocalypse was awesome, but the balls...THE BALLS on the standup side. Owww.

Actually tbh Drayton should supply ice packs for your balls on entry...

Then there was 2 trips for Alton. Both were good. Ohhh my mother faceplanting. Epic. Like. Litrally. Face and mud. Splat.

I did Charlie for the first time as well. Well I was dragged on. I cannot work out how this can be so crap, it was embarrassing it was so bad.

Paulton's....well Peppa Pig world was impressive for a kids area. And the Documentary is doing alright. Still can't believe I managed to rush that together in 1 week.

I now find Chessington really boring. I can't quite put my finger on whats wrong with the place, but its dull as.

Most of the fun was at Thorpe though :)

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
I was able to tack on two new parks - Waldameer and Worlds of Fun. With a hopeful trip to SFMM soon, I'll be able to jump up to my life goal of 100 coasters!

FaceYourNemesis

Hyper Poster
A-Kid said:
Apocalypse was awesome, but the balls...THE BALLS on the standup side. Owww.

Actually tbh Drayton should supply ice packs for your balls on entry...

I don't want to drag this off topic, but my friend and I have both done stand-up floorless at least 100 times, and neither of us have any problems :p

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
A-Kid said:
I now find Chessington really boring. I can't quite put my finger on whats wrong with the place, but its dull as.

Whilst dull isn't the word I'd use for this year (I would say USELESS) I do agree that I'm not sure why Chessie was so awful this year compared to last year's numerous enjoyable days...

GF was about the only really good trip I had there this year... All the others were mixed, maybe the awful staff were why I hated it (Not so Little Tom can back me up with the AWFUL people on the train to Clapham after GF)...

Either way, Chessie need a kick up the arse and investment... Which it won't get...

Jake

Strata Poster
I hardly did any UK parks this year. I think it was actually just Drayton and Cornwall, plus one or two credit whoring trips. Oh, I did the Pinfari on Brighton Pier a couple of weeks ago but that doesn't really count.

Finland <3

China <3

Walibi Belgium <//3.

Gardaland...

Oh, that day trip to France with Ian and Nic was quite fab too.

Lfisher92

Roller Poster
This year I went to Florida with my girlfriend, was our first holiday together. And really enjoyed it! She is now a coaster enthusiast. :D

Darren B

Giga Poster
2011 wasn't great for me tbh, Thorpe x2, Alton Towers and Drayton Manor. Probably the highlight of the year was 2 trips to Blackpool <3