What's new

Worst coasters you've ridden (Bottom 5/10)

hamcake

Roller Poster
El Condor at Walibi Holland - the single worst SLC in existence.

I rode this on Tuesday as my first SLC and I found it surprisingly ok... I picked a middle row and only noticed a couple of jolts. I didn't risk going back for another go, maybe I got very lucky. The woodie was far worse for me, pain at the start and end of every drop.

I haven't been on enough coasters to have a meaningful bottom 5

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
I don't really keep a bottom list but I just found a new worst coaster. A Whirl Wind at Allou Fun Park in Athens. It tried to take my head off through the loop with whiplash and still managed to be rough on the straight. I've ridden one before at Oktoberfest and thought it was rough but this one was much, much worse. Bleurgh

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
Vekoma SLC is a given

Anaconda @ KD. Sooooo slow yet still rough. Weird ass layout, just bad all around.

Villain @ Geauga Lake. Only coaster I've been on yet that was too rough to enjoy, thought I may actually die. Turns out the year I was the park's last, it showed.

Mean Streak. This one hurts because first couple of times I rode it I loved it, I was I believe 13 and 15, and after those first 2 trips it was never the same. Obviously my experience was lacking, as I rode more I got to see how bad the ride was. So boring and slow, and of course rough. Funny thing I actually hated the ride even more after the re tracking. Least the roughness was something you could feel, with it smoothed out was just a purely slow, long, boring ride.

Great American Scream Machine @SFGAdv. It was classic and I kinda forced myself to like it for nostalgia/historical reasons but looking back it was just a very painful ride that moved agonizingly slow through half the ride. I always enjoyed Viper more!

In no order and not including kiddie coasters:

Avalanche, Timber Falls- This thing has fantastic airtime and a fantastic layout, but the corners made me want to die. The park clearly hasn't done a single lick of maintenance on the ride.

F2 Fright Flight, Nasu Highland- Rode it in the pouring rain which added insult to injury of what seemed to be a Vekoma SLC with square wheels

Flight Deck, Canada's Wonderland- Another painful SLC

Wolverine Wildcat, Michigan's Adventure- Blegh! It's small and really shouldn't be rough given that it doesn't do much, but it's very rough.

Son of Beast, Kings Island- I can see why someone had an aneurysm on it

Stampida, Port Aventura- Almost considered not getting the cred for the other side of the ride.

AND THIS ONE WILL PROBABLY BE CONTROVERSIAL, but oh well...

Banshee, Kings Island- Non-stop positive G-forces, which is everything I hate.

Will

Strata Poster
Similar to my other post, Furious Baco has now been promoted to #5 on this list.
I think it's aged more than I have in the last 9 years and I foolishly sat on an outside seat. Afterwards, I struggled to stand and wanted to curl up and cry.

Zek_Teh_Kek

Hyper Poster
I'm gonna update this list.

5. Thunderhawk, MI Adventure: I didn't like this. Ya it's a Vekoma SLC, but it wasn't so bad I wanted to never ride it again. In fact, I'd gladly ride it again. It was just really bad compared to the rest of the roller coasters I've ridden, and really good to the other bad ones.
4. Magnum: Ya, it has amazing airtime, and ya it's a classic, I just hate it for some reason. Don't question it.
3. Woodstock Express, CP: Another Vekoma, but a family credit. Just rode it recently (Friend doesn't like coasters very much), and it was so rattly, and so uninteresting, that it wasn't enjoyable. At least Thunderhawk had something interesting about it!
2. Great Pumpkin Coaster: +1. Bad.
1. Corkscrew, CP: Terrible. Needs to die soon. Get vekoma to retrack if you want to keep it, just do something with it!

Edward M

Strata Poster
10. Gwazi: rough and boring
9. Green Lantern, SFGAdv: Oh the pain on my legs.
8. Viper, SFMM: I liked the first drop, but the headbanging was just too much.
7. Dahlonega Mine Train: How can such a tiny, slow coaster be so painful.
6. Boomerang, WOF: I don't mind boomerangs, but this one beat my head into oblivion.
5. Arkansas Twister: No airtime, a lot of pain
4. Nighthawk: Most unsafe I've ever felt on a coaster. Terrifying.
3. Mantis: Oh God the pain on my legs
2. Ninja, SFSL: I rode it as a child, but my ears still hurt.
1. Goliath, SFNE: I mean the extremity of the shaking trains here is unreal. They closed the ride immediately after cause people were in such pain.

zazobo

Hyper Poster
Similar to my other post, Furious Baco has now been promoted to #5 on this list.
I think it's aged more than I have in the last 9 years and I foolishly sat on an outside seat. Afterwards, I struggled to stand and wanted to curl up and cry.
This. So gross.

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
Surprised I haven't added mine yet.

1 - Condor - walibi holland - makes just about every other SLC like a TGV ride
2 - Ukko - Linnanmaki- awful restraint, awful hangtime, no comfort....
3 - Furius Baco - tight restraints and headbashing..
4 - Space coaster -= M n Ds (now oakwood) - how a simple looking family ride can be so awful is beyond me! (even worse than tornado)
5 - zooom - flamingoland - may only be a kiddy ride, but still dull as dishwater.
6 - twistosaurus - Flamingoland - may only be a kiddy ride, but rides like garbage
7 - hero - flamingoland - worst volare by a mile
8 - Mantis - cedar point - worst of the standups
9 - Mean streak - cedar point - now that Bandit is fab, this is the judderiest woody ever!
10- Miumbo Jumbo - Flamingoland - very painful

"honorable" mentions
MP xpress and "fly" at moreys piers - 2nd and 3rd worst slcs
runaway train at global village
steamin demon at great escape
goliath at sfne with the new trains
the maurer spinner at skara

And for plain bad kiddie coasters - SBF

DelPiero

Strata Poster
The Goliath(sfne) hate always makes me giggle, my 1 ride was front row and I quite enjoyed it. VERY intense, but not the horror story every else experienced in the slightest. Crazy how rides and opinions differ sometimes.

NickyTheComb

Roller Poster
Not as well traveled as many of you fellows so I can't post a worst 10 but I'll certainly post a few that I particularly didn't like in no order.

The Big One - BPB - I can't really understand how such an impressive looking coaster can be so boring. An enjoyable first drop followed but absolutely nothing. It can barely even make it to the top of the first "airtime hill".

Hero - Flamingo Land - I'd heard many bad things before getting on it and after waiting in a huge queue I really wished I hadn't bothered. Restraints stunk of sweat, it was uncomfortable and bashed me around. A really pointless coaster.

The Smiler - Alton Towers - I guess this is a somewhat marmite coaster for many and like The Big One it looks fantastic off ride unfortunately I imagine how I felt coming off is somewhat similar too how a fighter would have felt going 12 rounds with Mike Tyson. 14 inversions and yet every single one put together couldn't match the intensity one of Nemesis' gives you. It doesn't even have a nice drop like SAW

Sequoia Adventure - Gardaland - Like many have already said its a poor coaster. I don't know if I'm being harsh because its been years since I rode it (opening year I believe) and maybe that has clouded my judgement considering the hour long queue. I seem to remember it feel very tame and controlled.

Grizzly Bear - Lightwater Valley - Might be one of the rarer credits I've managed to gain from being a regular to Lightwater Valley in my earlier years but my god it was boring. Lightwater Valley hardly has the most crazy coaster line up the world has ever seen but it still managed to be bottom of the pile for me. Maybe another one I disliked due to disappointment after a long wait but judging by the reviews Pinfari coasters get maybe not.

Colossus - Thorpe Park - Unfortunately I never got to ride it in the early days of its existence but my first experience wasn't half bad we sat nearer the back and the first half of the ride was reasonably enjoyable, second half got boring there really is no need for that many heartline rolls in a row. Second ride was a completely different story, sat second from the front and every inch from the bottom of the drop onwards shook my bones to their very core. I've had a few rides give me a headache before but that was quite something. Certainly a ride that needs some love as it feels somewhat forgotten. Trains were very cramped too even for a fairly short chap like myself.

SAW - Thorpe Park - Another that was way worse second time around maybe affected by the fact we'd just come off our second ride of Colossus. Again first time in the front row was okay a bit shaky but nothing too crazy but the second time in the back row was seriously unpleasant. I wouldn't say rough it just makes you feel like you've been put in one of those soda stream machines and become lightly carbonated. My head felt so fizzy after probably made worse by the back to back on Colossus. I will say unlike The Smiler it still has a cool drop.

I must say mind I've ridden 3 SLC's and haven't found them anywhere near as bad as some say. Maybe its just me or maybe I just brace myself very tightly to avoid death. I saw a mention of The Ultimate but I can't bring myself to put that in there because as rough as it is its one of those bat **** crazy rides that I can almost forgive it. That and it holds a lot of childhood memories for me and is probably the reason I'm into theme parks anyway. Don't get the Avalanche hate either I found it really quite fun.