What's new

Worst Coaster you've been on

ATTACKHAMMER

Strata Poster
X:\NWO is dull and umcomfortable but I still go on it sometimes if I'm bored and the queue is short. Last time I went on it I had something on my arm the whole way round, it was pain!

dominoes

Mega Poster
Oh well. Personally I think it is great for what is a family coaster. But hey, that's just my opinion. :(

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
If it wasn't for all the breaks X:/NWO could be quite fun. I keep coming out my seat coming out the first MCBR!

Slightly related, on X:/NWO, is the front sat at the front or the back of the train? The back does everyhting first but the front still gives the front seat view.

Kebab

Giga Poster
It's not that I find X://NWO really bad, I just find it forgettable. The past 2 visits to Thorpe Park, I've forgot the thing even existed, to the point where I forgot to add it to my cred list on CoasterCounter. I've never came off of it like it was a bad coaster, just never felt any emotions about it, just a filler ride, that doesn't seem to do that much at all.

I think it's about time they remove it for another family thrill attraction thats actually decent, because admittadly, no-one finds it that special.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
dominoes said:
Oh well. Personally I think it is great for what is a family coaster. But hey, that's just my opinion. :(

Yes, but it's not a family coaster, it's a "thrill ride". Hence the issue I have with it (I did explain in my first post in this topic it's all about context ;) )

bmac

Giga Poster
Worst Steels:
- Python (rode in 2006)
- Canyon Blaster, Nevada (rode in 2004)
- Iron Dragon, Cedar Point (rode in 2010)
- Laser, Dorney Park (rode last in 2007)
- Roller Soaker, Hershey (rode in 2011)
- Volcano, KD (rode this year)
- Flitzers (been on two)
- Crazy Mouse, Rye (rode in 2011)
- Dark Knight Coaster, Great Adventure (rode last this year)
- Viper, Great Adventure (rode last in 2004)
- Rip Ride Rockit (rode in 2009)

Worst Wood:
- Mean Streak (rode in 2010)
- Hercules (rode last in 2003)
- Wildcat (rode this year)
- Hurler, KD (rode this year)

for only like 20 wooden coasters I've been on, those four stand out most.

Guess I should run down the list.
-Python was stupid rough. probably the worst headache I've ever had on a coaster, those corkscrews just sucked and throughout the entire layout it was just bang, bang, bang, bang.
-Canyon Blaster, same thing.
-Iron Dragon was so disappointing after riding Big Bad Wolf for 10 years, there was no force and barely any swinging.
-Laser, schwartzkopf fan but this ride just wasn't that great. Not smooth and not forgiving with the first drop.
-Roller Soaker, is this really a coaster? boring layout, boring concept, rip out, add aqua trax, gg.
-Volcano, sucky capacity, disgusting station, disgusting inside the volcano, forceless launch(es), only thing keeping the worst themed area in KD.
-Flitzers. Stupid Rough, enough said.
-Crazy Mouse. Uncomfortable trains and the layout was not forgiving with the lack of leg room. Knee banger.
-DKC. Overhyped, glorified Wild Mouse. Recently getting past the false advertising Great Adventure made and it's actually growing on me (come on you have to admit mack makes a damn good wild mouse :D)
-Viper, Rode it 40 times in a row in 2004 last day it was open. All I got was a bolt. Stupid rough, horrible trains, actually broke someone's neck once. Great Adventure made little money off of it too, since Japanese steel scrap isn't worth dirt in the US.
-Rip, Ride, Rockit. Constant rattle, watching cracks form in the cement bases as the trains went by.
-Mean Streak. Jackhammering. all. the. way. around. Cedar Point tried burning it down twice so I think I don't need to go further.
-Hercules. Stupid rough, boring layout. No where near as bad as Mean Streak, though.
-Wildcat. Rode in the front row, that layout does not even agree with the Millennium Flyer trains, constant rattling to the point where I feel it in my ribs.
-Hurler. Waste of space, rough, trimmed, no air, nothing notable other than being a general waste of space.

Kebab

Giga Poster
Martyn B said:
Going by the video's I've seen, that Mine Train at Port Aventura looks **** awful!
It's not great, but delivers some light willy lift and head-chopper in parts, plus the theming is great. Other than that it's really dull, and not worth waiting anything more than a walk on queue. To put it into perspective, lets say RMT at Alton Towers is a great deal better.

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
Air for sure, I was not into coasters at the time when I first rode Air, and seeing the seats tilt back into the flying positon looks scary as hell, but when I rode it I just found It slow, dull and very forceless. A big let down, that always has a big queue due to bad operations and constant brake downs.