What's new

Worst Coaster you've been on

Jake

Strata Poster
Ben said:
There's only one coaster I would seriously never ride again, the looping toboggan <//3

This.

Also, this:

46184_10150262682305054_859171_n.jpg

45634_10150263025410054_444171_n.jpg

44785_10150263025270054_7019741_n.jpg

The seats casually missing restraints </3.

They're the only two I'd actually refuse to ride again, even for money.

There are loads I wouldn't BOTHER with if I went back to the park... loads of SLCs and Vortex at CGA to name a few. But, I'd do them if I had to (like, If I went back with someone who needed the creds).

Intricks

Strata Poster
Mine would be Desperado. For my friends who dont have the cred I tell them to just skip it as it isnt necessary in their life to get that one, lone desert cred. It is plain awful ans hurt me in places I never knew existed in regards to my spinal column.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

steel

Mega Poster
-T2, Kentucky Kingdom - please god, don't let it reopen
-Shockwave, Kings Dominion - I mean wtf were they thinking?
-Wild & Wooly Toboggan, Little Amerricka - never riding a toboggan again
-Looping Star, Beech Bend - also never riding a looping star again
-X:\ No Way Out, Thorpe Park - my friend and I were just pissed off by the end

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
haha just found this abomination.
Any one ride this misery?

Looks like it coulda been decent if they weren't slowed to halts each hill
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8cRvAm8kDo[/youtube]

Jer

Strata Poster
Jake said:
Ben said:
There's only one coaster I would seriously never ride again, the looping toboggan <//3

This.

Also, this:

46184_10150262682305054_859171_n.jpg

45634_10150263025410054_444171_n.jpg

44785_10150263025270054_7019741_n.jpg

The seats casually missing restraints </3.

They're the only two I'd actually refuse to ride again, even for money.

There are loads I wouldn't BOTHER with if I went back to the park... loads of SLCs and Vortex at CGA to name a few. But, I'd do them if I had to (like, If I went back with someone who needed the creds).

What is this awful contraption? It takes the words death trap to their literal meanings.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
I think SLCs would be fine if there weren't so many of them, same with boomerangs. I don't think they are that bad, or didn't, when I'd only been on one of them. I think that's the same issue I have with the C&P kiddy creds that are all over the place.

At least say, Batman clones, are good rides... The problem is though that even those are FAR better than they are given credit for, simply due to them being numerous. It's like every ride drops down a gear if you go on more than one clone of it.

This is why I feel bad for Brazil and it's soon to be 3 Colossus variants...

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^See, I really didn't find Goudurix that bad. It wasn't great, but I remember thinking that Zeus was more uncomfortable. Having said that, Zeus was more fun, so I didn't mind it being a bit unpleasant, but Goudurix really didn't kill me like I was expecting.

Maybe I don't remember that well or maybe I'm remembering it with rose-tinted spectacles. :p

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^I secretly kind of love Goudurix. There are far, far worse loopers out there and at least it's original.

peep

CF Legend
Goudrix has a few awful snaps in the track like it wasn't designed properly but I don't find it too much of a problem. I don't really get the awful rep it has either. Not saying it's good but I'd rather ride that than a LOT of other rides out there.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Yeah, I dont think Goudurix is that bad either. The entrance to the BatWing is awful, (its painful enough watching) and that strange element at the start is just wrong, but it wasn't as bad as I was expecting.

With the new Vekoma trains, it could be a top coaster.

dominoes

Mega Poster
^ Seriously? It's the worst coaster I have ever been on. I agree, with the new trains, it would be great! But at the moment I find it awful.

matt80302

Roller Poster
steel said:
-X:\ No Way Out, Thorpe Park - my friend and I were just pissed off by the end
oh god I forgot about that :oops: I personaly find X:\ No Way Out a waste of space. It is uncomfortable, undramatic and generaly disappointing. I have never liked backwards coasters anyways.

compared to this pile of XXXX the flying fish is the equivilent of Colossus

dominoes

Mega Poster
^I love that ride! It feels so unsafe, and that is what makes it fun! Have you or Steel been on it recently. They added scenery and music!

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
dominoes said:
^I love that ride! It feels so unsafe, and that is what makes it fun! Have you or Steel been on it recently. They added scenery and music!

So they're applied...
images
?

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Scenery and music don't make it any better, really, the coaster is still complete turd.

If they had spent £2,000,000 on scenery, effects and sound I'd consider going on it again. £25 at Firebox just isn't going to offer the same results ;)

dominoes

Mega Poster
^But it's not that bad a coaster! It could never be that thrilling because it is backwards. And it is indoors. Sure I hate the breaks, but for a first time rider, those block breaks add a thrill. Especially when it keeps going backwards and forwards.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
dominoes said:
^But it's not that bad a coaster! It could never be that thrilling because it is backwards. And it is indoors. Sure I hate the breaks, but for a first time rider, those block breaks add a thrill. Especially when it keeps going backwards and forwards.

I first rode it in 1997*. I'd had a coaster drought of about 2 years (and only been to two parks since 1992). I thought it was a complete turd back then. Zero thrill. It had all kinds of effects and music and stuff and it was complete bollocks. My opinion of it hasn't improved over the years. I don't know anyone that has come off it saying they found it thrilling.

*We did a sponsored coasterthon for Tommy's campaign. I think we had to ride 21 rides in a day. We could have spent the time on X:\NWO (it was the new ride then), but everyone in the group found it so piss-poor we made our ride count up on Flying Fish. This is a group of non-enthusiasts. X:\NWO - disappointing everyone for 16 years :p