What's new

Worst Coaster you've been on

Intricks

Strata Poster
Desperado

Dear god....my spinal column as a whole was **** for a few weeks.

It deserves to die a horrific death </3

madhjsp

Giga Poster
Hurler, no question. Both the Carowinds and Kings Dominion ones suck equally. I'd be fine with hearing they both caught fire and burnt down.

Snoo

The Legend
Champion, never to be challenged:

The Villian at Geauga Lake.

It is gone and thankfully forgotten.

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
Snoo said:
Champion, never to be challenged:

The Villian at Geauga Lake.

It is gone and thankfully forgotten.

I could concur with that.
Only time a woodie was too much for me, felt like I was going to die and hated it.
Rare time I honestly disliked a coaster, and a non looper.

OK, I'll agree with Villian.

nadroJ

CF Legend
I swear this topic exists somewhere?

Anyway, without resorting to the generic Boomerang/SLC argument.....I think I'll go with WildCat at Lake Compounce. I've experienced uncomfortable roughness on a coaster before, but never actual pain. My back felt like it was being hit with a mallet and I just wanted to get off. Vile thing. Also, Hurler at KD, it made me headbutt Taylor and it hurt like a mo'****.

Apocalypse at SFA was quite gross too, the stand-up position has never been one of comfort for me (even though the Togo at KD was amaze <3) but this was just brutal. Also, Batwing at SFA. I think weird positions with added roughness plus stupidly hot weather just make for an incredibly unpleasant ride experience.

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
some of my least faves (excluding big apples/little zierers):

Flying fish @thorpe /Diablo @ port aventura / Trailblazer @ hershey- I've got nothing against family rides, but these are DULL!

Mean streak @ cedar point / Bandit @ movie park - Both woodies which shake and rattle throughout the course, meaning absolutely no fun factor.

mantis @ cedar point - Very uncomfortable

Mumbo Jumbo @ flamingo land - big letdown

Kanonen / Furius Baco / Space mountain 2 - all 3 accelerator's offer extreme discomfort!

andrus

Giga Poster
El Condor at Walibi Holland, no competition!

A special mention goes to Tornado at Bakken. It's not rough in the same way as the others, ie it doesn't vibrate/shake/rattle. But it has some of the most awful bankings I've ever experienced! I wonder what the engineers at Intamin thought when they designed this ride.. :shock:

nadroJ

CF Legend
^Oh my god, Tornado, really? It's funny how opinion works isn't it XD That was one of the most fun and hilarious coasters I've ever been on haha!

andrus

Giga Poster
^Haha really!? :p It's the only coaster where I actually experienced head/neck-bashing! You know that I'm tall so usually the Intamin restraints hold my upper body in a tight position so that I don't experience any headbashing (like on I305 eg where a lot of people complained). But on Tornado I got thrown around like a toy even though the restraints pushed on my shoulders >< And Katia come of the ride with a huge bruise on her neck stating that she would never ever ride that vile thing again..

But you actually enjoyed Tornado?? Of course you're entitled to :) but for me it's kind of hard to see what somebody could find enjoyable in a coaster that literally tries to kill you! :p

Also, Hurler at KD, it made me headbutt Taylor and it hurt like a mo'****.

That was kind of hilarious, apart from the fact that you were hurt obviously :p . Just shows how rough the thing is.

Besides kiddie coasters and certain SLCs, I think the winners are Cobra at La Ronde, and Son of Beast, which thankfully no longer runs. I can't remember Villain being that bad, mostly because I was busy laughing at my cousin whose boob was falling out throughout the entire thing, and also because I wasn't a proper enthusiast yet, so I enjoyed everything. Apocalypse at Six Flags America isn't very good either, but I wouldn't say it's anywhere near as bad as Cobra! Though, I kind of wish I had the chance to reride Cobra because I think it was a combination between fresh piercings being smashed around, billion degree heat, and horrible operations rather than just the coaster itself. But, I do remember it gave me a headache.

Oh also, the Volare at Prater Park was DISGUSTING. Like, I can deal with Volares, but that one was just on another level.

Brett7710

Mega Poster
The worst were:
The Ultimate - Lightwater Valley, El Condor - Walibi World, Anaconda - Kings Dominion, Cedar Creek Mine Ride - Cedar Point, Rockin Roller Coaster - Bottons.

Not quite as bad but still very poor:
Robin Hood - Walibi World, Hurler - Kings Dominion, Roar - SFA, Thunderhawk - Dorney Park, Mantis - Cedar Point, Wildcat + Sidewinder - Hershey Park, Toboggan - Lakemont Park, Invertigo - Kings Island, Corkscrew - Flamingo Land.

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
I think another reason I'll go with Villian is it was unexpected. I already expect to dislike an arrow/vekoma looper, a SLC or Boomerang...and a boring ride is obviously no fun.
But I thought Villian would be great. No OTSR, loops, not dull.

So it was shockingly unpleasant

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
^^Toboggan lol. I'm so glad I decided to go myself

I'd have to say the bottom I've ridden are Anaconda-Kings Dominion, Top Gun(or whatever they call it now)-Canada's Wonderland, and Dragon Fire-Canada's wonderland

Rock 'N' Rollercoaster is fun when the music is going as it kind of draws your attention away from the roughness. Last time I was at WDW the music wasn't going and it just wasn't a fun ride without the music.

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
Anaconda was pretty dull. Even for an arrow that was a slow, awkwardly designed ride...
I remember it not being too rough but that was years ago and my guess is I probably just repressed it

Brett7710

Mega Poster
Youngster Joey said:
Rock 'N' Rollercoaster is fun when the music is going as it kind of draws your attention away from the roughness. Last time I was at WDW the music wasn't going and it just wasn't a fun ride without the music.
Not sure if you posted that due to me mentioning Rock 'n' Rollercoaster, I haven't been to any of the Disney parks, I was referring to this one:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjwqpFQ3LC0[/youtube]

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
nadroJ said:
I swear this topic exists somewhere?

Yeah, in at least 15 permutations, but since it's an enthusiast "staple" topic, I don't think anyone minds that much if it crops up again.

This monstrosity, Space 2000 at Gyeongju World is the ultimate worst:

space%202000%201.jpg

It's absolutely nothing to look at, but it's awful. It's probably the roughest POS I've ever ridden. Plus it's just a crap coaster/layout, so you can't even find any area for forgiveness.

Other worst, non-kiddy, non-generic clone coasters for various reasons (not just "roughest", which this topic has already turned into):

Both Hurlers
Daidarasaurus - Expoland
Zola 7 - Fuji-Q
Spin Bullet - Sega Joypolis
White Canyon - Yomiuriland
Slalom - Pattaya Park
Dizz - Bobbejaaaaaanland
Falken - Farup Sommerland
Space Mountain - DLP
Schweizer Bobbahn - Europa
Diablo - Port Aventura
Kanonen - Liseberg
G Force - Drayton
Revolution - SFMM
Iron Dragon - Cedar Point
Sooperdooperloop - Hershey

There's a **** ton more, but I'll leave it there.

Lucy

Hyper Poster
The worst coasters I've been on would be:

Miller's travelling coaster "Toboggan" - Only went on it once at Hull fair but it was enough :)

Primeval Whirl at Animal Kingdom - terrible and not fun at all :D

Martyn B

CF Legend
Kumali and Mumbo Jumbo.

Neither are rough, and they are both pleasent enough, but as big thrill coasters, they are incredibly mediocre, and both of them just scream out 'meh'.