What's new

Worlds tallest Log Flume?

A

Anonymous

Kebab said:
I remember the one at American Adventure being enourmous, well for a log flume anyhow.
Wasn't that one Nightmare on Niagara or something?

10WaTT

Hyper Poster
mmm, Tallahassee Log Flume...

75ft sounds great, I don't care if its straight or bent or smells of poo :D

A

Anonymous

Hello everyone, I'm new and happen to be a log flume geek...I absolutely love the things, can't get enough and I've recently been wondering what the biggest log flume is in the world! Loggers Leap I heard was/is the UK's biggest, but (and whether this falls under a different category I don't know) Hydro at Oakwood Park is supposed to have a 100 foot drop so that would make it the biggest in Europe...? Or so they claim. I would love to know exactly which is the tallest drop though, cause I'd just have to ride it, hehe :--D

A

Anonymous

LogFlumeHolly said:
(and whether this falls under a different category I don't know) Hydro at Oakwood Park is supposed to have a 100 foot drop so that would make it the biggest in Europe...? Or so they claim.
:roll:

Pierre

Strata Poster
Ignore them two, jokerman is as his username suggests, a right proper joker, he has me in creases laughing so many times.

Ollie is only a toddler so you have to forgive his innocence.

A

Anonymous

Well I've quickly realised that this forum seems to be full of kids! :roll:

STC

Mega Poster
LogFlumeHolly said:
Well I've quickly realised that this forum seems to be full of kids! :roll:
:lol:

The others are correct in that Hydro isn't a log flume, because technically it runs on rails the entire ride. Also the boats don't have single file seating and have restraints. Whether this makes Splash Mountain not a log flume since it's 2 across, I'm not sure.

After a quick Google:
Logger's Leap is about 53 ft high.
Nightmare Niagara was about 63 ft high.
Splash Mountain is 53 ft high.
Dudley Do-Right's is 75 ft high.

So that may be the highest, unless someone can find one that tops it :)

nadroJ

CF Legend
Is that the actual height of the drop or the ride though? Because DDR has lots of theming higher than the top of the drop.

herbinator

Mega Poster
highest flume

I know you will probably say this is not a flume as you don't sit in single file and you have a lap bar but it doesn't run on rails the whole time and thats tidal wave at 80ft at thorpe park.

Ben

CF Legend
Re: highest flume

herbinator said:
I know you will probably say this is not a flume as you don't sit in single file and you have a lap bar but it doesn't run on rails the whole time and thats tidal wave at 80ft at thorpe park.

Yeah, it's not a Log Flume.

Plus, the version at Hershey is the tallest of "that sort", then Perilous Plunge/Hydro are taller, and then Pilgrim's Plunge is even higher...

... but none of them are Log Flumes.

10WaTT

Hyper Poster
Re: highest flume

herbinator said:

Sorry but I'm asking about the "single file" type which is kinda why i said "Yeah, sorry, I did mean traditional Log Flumes" on page 1 :D

junonyt

Roller Poster
I would have said Hydro is a very tall 100ft ride, but it does not fall in the class of "Log Flume".

If you want height, go to Hydro, if you want length, go to America, I heard they have some great "log Rides" there, or westmidlands safari park!

Lain

Giga Poster
nadroJ said:
WMSP doesn't have a flog lume :?

It does have one of those little traveling ones, but regardless, I'm not quite sure what that guy's talking about...

Lofty

CF Legend
Terra Mitica's is quiet huge isn't it... Or the one that used to be at American Adventure... Nightmare Niagara was it?

Jake

Strata Poster
Lisebergs has a fairly large drop, then a quick turn, then another large drop. If you added the total descent up it'dd be pretty huge, but thats probably cheating :).