What's new

Worlds of Fun | Zambezi Zinger | GCI (partial) Titan Track | 2023

i305_zack

Mega Poster
Hey everyone, been lurking for a little while and following the developments for Zinger. Very excited to see my home park getting a new coaster for the first time since I became an enthusiast! I took one of the CGI renderings from Worlds of Fun's site and tossed it into GIMP to splice it into a screenshot of Google Earth so I could get an idea of what the sightlines might look like looking at the new coaster! It's not perfect, but pretty darn close, hopefully you all enjoy it!View attachment 19660
Dude great job with that rendering! Looks spot on

Magic Michaels

Roller Poster
I'm really excited, and disappointed at the same time about the new GCI edition to WOF. I'm really curious about the cost of this coaster? I feel like this was just another cheap way to add to the park not to mention we already got a ground hugging GCI right next to where it's gonna be.
However I'm stoked they're bringing this back [I loved Zambezi Zinger] but why wasn't it an RMC raptor?
When is this park gonna get a coaster that's not half A**?
I mean if they wanna draw more revenue then build something Magic Mountain or Cedar Point comparable. Another GCI just seems corner cutting to me and there's zero inversions on another GCI/ Hybrid, and the ride is slightly shorter than the original.
I gotta say I think it's a cool addition and idea, but we as kc locals, and enthusiasts have been patiently waiting for something groundbreaking for almost a decade and a half.
The coolest part of this ride is honestly the lift hill. It's another prowler literally with a Zambezi lift hill...

I called this in June...I said it's gonna be a Zambezi remake, but was so stoked on an RMC Raptor with possible inversions. It didn't have to be another starter for kids coaster you have the prowler right next door for that.
We need an Intamin, dive or RMC you cheap mofos... lol...the park will still be boring until you spend some real money.
Change my mind?

If I can make another prediction...the park will bring back the orient express in the next decade and it will probably be a Raptor. If this happened that be AWESOME but it would be even cooler if it was an Intamin launch or an RMC Hybrid.

Yo WOF Cedar Fair quit being cheap A**es and give this gorgeous park something ground/record breaking, and bada**.
It will attract more people, revenue, and enthusiasts from all over world here. We always get something everyone else already has, and isn't as cool.

I get that gas, wood, and steel are expensive BUT COME ON YOU GOTTA SPEND MONEY TO MAKE MONEY. No one cares about the Zinger except the locals.

Please rebuild the Orient Express but make it ground breaking long, and not cheap. Pay homage by interlocking the loops...but make it long with a different layout... make it tall, and fast AF will multiple inversions.

But something tells me it will be another 10 years and they'll find a way to make something cheap.
Rob Coasters it's total bs duder. We need a baddy our sh*t is okay. This park needs a banger.

Trondll

Roller Poster
Dude great job with that rendering! Looks spot on
Thanks! For the sake of not taking unwarranted credit, the CGI rendering of the coaster is from Worlds of Fun's site, I just did some clever tricks in photoshop to splice it in there, haha.

Rob Coasters

Hyper Poster
I dunno man... as long as the ride's fun then it's a win in my books. While I do disagree with almost all of the stuff you've said, I do agree that 'haha'ing it was maybe a little immature of me.

I for one am extremely excited to see this, and am quite happy that parks are buying a) modernised innovations and b) extensions of new concepts and c) paying homage to their previous rides with a new 'twist' to them. I'll never understand the "we already have another ride that's similar" argument as if both rides are good fun then... whatever? Behemoth & Fury. Kärnan & Novgorod. Parks with 3 Tivolis.

It's not like there are other who have three woodies in their park: Holiday World, Mt Olympus & Blackpool just to name a few. Plus, if one ride is extremely popular then building another ride of similar type can be pretty good for the park.

Magic-Man

Mega Poster
I'm really excited, and disappointed at the same time about the new GCI edition to WOF. I'm really curious about the cost of this coaster? I feel like this was just another cheap way to add to the park not to mention we already got a ground hugging GCI right next to where it's gonna be.
However I'm stoked they're bringing this back [I loved Zambezi Zinger] but why wasn't it an RMC raptor?
When is this park gonna get a coaster that's not half A**?
I mean if they wanna draw more revenue then build something Magic Mountain or Cedar Point comparable. Another GCI just seems corner cutting to me and there's zero inversions on another GCI/ Hybrid, and the ride is slightly shorter than the original.
I gotta say I think it's a cool addition and idea, but we as kc locals, and enthusiasts have been patiently waiting for something groundbreaking for almost a decade and a half.
The coolest part of this ride is honestly the lift hill. It's another prowler literally with a Zambezi lift hill...

I called this in June...I said it's gonna be a Zambezi remake, but was so stoked on an RMC Raptor with possible inversions. It didn't have to be another starter for kids coaster you have the prowler right next door for that.
We need an Intamin, dive or RMC you cheap mofos... lol...the park will still be boring until you spend some real money.
Change my mind?

If I can make another prediction...the park will bring back the orient express in the next decade and it will probably be a Raptor. If this happened that be AWESOME but it would be even cooler if it was an Intamin launch or an RMC Hybrid.

Yo WOF Cedar Fair quit being cheap A**es and give this gorgeous park something ground/record breaking, and bada**.
It will attract more people, revenue, and enthusiasts from all over world here. We always get something everyone else already has, and isn't as cool.

I get that gas, wood, and steel are expensive BUT COME ON YOU GOTTA SPEND MONEY TO MAKE MONEY. No one cares about the Zinger except the locals.

Please rebuild the Orient Express but make it ground breaking long, and not cheap. Pay homage by interlocking the loops...but make it long with a different layout... make it tall, and fast AF will multiple inversions.

But something tells me it will be another 10 years and they'll find a way to make something cheap.
All time worst take

Tpippin23

Roller Poster
Has anyone heard any rumors on what else Worlds of Fun plans to do along with opening Zambezi Zinger? The webpage makes it sound like they are going to be doing a park makeover with new themes and is marketing towards “Passport to Adventure.” Also, it says stay tuned for more news in the future.

Reactions: JMW

RideThroughTime

Roller Poster
Has anyone heard any rumors on what else Worlds of Fun plans to do along with opening Zambezi Zinger? The webpage makes it sound like they are going to be doing a park makeover with new themes and is marketing towards “Passport to Adventure.” Also, it says stay tuned for more news in the future.
It seems like a lot is happening, they are refurbishing all of their lands and adding additional theming, etc. There are some details in Amusement Today's October issue (pages 10 and 11). https://amusementtoday.com/issues/2022/202210/