What's new

Worlds of Fun | Zambezi Zinger | GCI (partial) Titan Track | 2023

wdcoats_25

Roller Poster
With this being Project 2.0, does that mean the Orient Express revival was a red herring?
Pretty sure yes. Too many people were getting super close to guessing this thing exactly that the people who knew what was actually coming threw out the red herring to trick every single enthusiast and to distract us, genius in my opinion

MurphNation

Mega Poster
Now that it’s been released a few things…

First I’m sorry to Coaster Murph. You were getting really close to having most of the details figured out so we had to deploy some major misinformation to attempt to throw you off the scent. If it makes you feel any better, we had to do it to Lance at Screamscape too.

This is Project 2.0 and has always been Project 2.0. It has been in the works for awhile. This was not an “out of nowhere” Project. Project Dollhouse was cooked up to throw people off the scent (as was Project 50)

The leak was on the official site. You were “employed” to help us track down any potential c/p that might have happened before it was caught and taken back down.

There will be additional information released about the 50th celebration offerings.

Oh and the tunnel was just left out of the rendering.
Oh it’s all good! At the end of the day we still got a new roller coaster!!

Lori Marie Loud

Giga Poster
Now that it’s been released a few things…

First I’m sorry to Coaster Murph. You were getting really close to having most of the details figured out so we had to deploy some major misinformation to attempt to throw you off the scent. If it makes you feel any better, we had to do it to Lance at Screamscape too.

This is Project 2.0 and has always been Project 2.0. It has been in the works for awhile. This was not an “out of nowhere” Project. Project Dollhouse was cooked up to throw people off the scent (as was Project 50)

The leak was on the official site. You were “employed” to help us track down any potential c/p that might have happened before it was caught and taken back down.

There will be additional information released about the 50th celebration offerings.

Oh and the tunnel was just left out of the rendering.
Oh wow. You managed to make damn near the entire theme park community think 2 coasters were coming to WOF in quick succession just to throw people off the correct assumption of a GCI. That's actually genuinely impressive. Bravo, Swoosh!

So the area near Orient remains empty......maybe in the future we'll see something big there.

kc2dc

Roller Poster
Looks like this will be a really good family ride and will bring back some historic theming to the park. The spiral is very unique and of course nostalgic. Now I just hope they build a new more extreme steel coaster with inversions, a launch etc next year and call it the Orient Express. Then just add one more thrill coaster after that and WoF would be a top park IMO.

Swoosh

Mega Poster
Has this been confirmed?
Well… it’s complicated. The coaster is technically a wooden coaster. Like the title of thread says it’s partial Titan Track. I don’t know the percentage of each. So let’s just say HYBRID and not completely. Sorry.

Edit: I’m seeing more clarity and will report back if I actually get it

Last edited:

Indy

Hyper Poster
This thread has been thoroughly entertaining for the past month and, now that the details are out, the trail of heavily edited and deleted posts only adds to the entertainment.

I'm a big fan of this addition. It's strange, it's low to the ground, and it seems like it could be quite thrilling. Not to mention, it's hard not to love the mix of new tech with nostalgia, both in the name and oddities like the spiral lift.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Dustin from Skyline confirmed to me the reason for the Infinity Flyers is that this coaster has the highest roll rate of any GCI, so Millennium Flyers would not be suitable unless some of the transitions (at least in the second half) were drawn out, meaning this coaster should offer some decent whip!