What's new

Worlds of Fun | Zambezi Zinger | GCI (partial) Titan Track | 2023

MurphNation

Mega Poster
Now we pray that this is the start of a decade run of adding new coasters every other year and sprinkle in new flat rides in the years between. Fingers crossed. Unfortunately this won’t get people other than locals to come from all over the states to visit the park.
ALSO!!! Listen up, their should be something else coming next year to each new area that isn't food! lol. Their is whole subpage about new, immersive, and weirdly for Cedar Fair, heavy theming! Also I think their could be a chance of a possible new way of transportation besides the train and maybe even a flat ride or two?

MurphNation

Mega Poster
Sorry for the double post, but the description for the ride is VERY themed and has a great backstory, I'm wondering if we might see like a pre-show in the queue and the queue being very themed??

Matt N

CF Legend
Wouldn’t this be the revival of an old ride that was allegedly scheduled? So this would be Project 2.0, and Project Dollhouse is something else entirely?

TyStyle

Roller Poster
Wouldn’t this be the revival of an old ride that was allegedly scheduled? So this would be Project 2.0, and Project Dollhouse is something else entirely?
This is at the location of the Dollhouse, so unless they are one in the same project, this would be the Dollhouse one. 2.0 could be Orient Express at it's original location at the front of the park behind Spinning Dragons.

EthanCoaster

Mega Poster
My thoughts on this:

1. It looks really fun! Not as thrilling as I was expecting it to be with the introduction of Titan Track, but it sounds like whatever new ride is coming next year will be more extreme (Project 2.0?). So it makes sense for this to be a family attraction.

2. I wonder if this is the future of “wooden” coasters. I don’t think they will go fully extinct, but I wonder if parks that would traditionally go for a full wooden coaster would opt for something like this with wood and steel sections. It seems like the Titan Track is on high stress sections and valleys along with the spiral lift.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
This is at the location of the Dollhouse, so unless they are one in the same project, this would be the Dollhouse one. 2.0 could be Orient Express at it's original location at the front of the park behind Spinning Dragons.
#MakeSpinningDragonsOrientExpressAgain

Hutch

Strata Poster
Seems like it'll be a hit for the park. It's not the intense version that everyone hoped for (realistically it probably wasn't going to happen with Prowler nextdoor), but you can never go wrong with a thrilling family coaster. The spiral lift is cool and the s-bends toward the end look like a lot of fun.

TyStyle

Roller Poster
The WoF website mentions a midcourse tunnel, but I don't see it in the POV. Are they talking about just passing under the train? Maybe I'm missing it. The original Zinger had a pretty drawn out tunnel, so maybe one is going in as well. That would be fantastic.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
The WoF website mentions a midcourse tunnel, but I don't see it in the POV. Are they talking about just passing under the train? Maybe I'm missing it. The original Zinger had a pretty drawn out tunnel, so maybe one is going in as well. That would be fantastic.
Honestly think it’s just not rendered.

2. I wonder if this is the future of “wooden” coasters. I don’t think they will go fully extinct, but I wonder if parks that would traditionally go for a full wooden coaster would opt for something like this with wood and steel sections. It seems like the Titan Track is on high stress sections and valleys along with the spiral lift.
This is a future I would happily be in. As I mentioned riding Titan Track in Michigan’s Adventure on Wolverine Wildcat - The track itself is literal steel smoothness, and would give very smooth transition and sensation for higher G elements and maneuvers. I honestly love the prospect of still having some wooden “white“ oil turns in other parts of the ride that still give the wooden coaster feel, while minimizing maintenance/wear and tear on the ride.

Swoosh

Mega Poster
Now that it’s been released a few things…

First I’m sorry to Coaster Murph. You were getting really close to having most of the details figured out so we had to deploy some major misinformation to attempt to throw you off the scent. If it makes you feel any better, we had to do it to Lance at Screamscape too.

This is Project 2.0 and has always been Project 2.0. It has been in the works for awhile. This was not an “out of nowhere” Project. Project Dollhouse was cooked up to throw people off the scent (as was Project 50)

The leak was on the official site. You were “employed” to help us track down any potential c/p that might have happened before it was caught and taken back down.

There will be additional information released about the 50th celebration offerings.

Oh and the tunnel was just left out of the rendering.

wdcoats_25

Roller Poster

First I’m sorry to Coaster Murph. You were getting really close to having most of the details figured out so we had to deploy some major misinformation to attempt to throw you off the scent. If it makes you feel any better, we had to do it to Lance at Screamscape too.

This is Project 2.0 and has always been Project 2.0. It has been in the works for awhile. This was not an “out of nowhere” Project. Project Dollhouse was cooked up to throw people off the scent (as was Project 50)

The leak was on the official site. You were “employed” to help us track down any potential c/p that might have happened before it was caught and taken back down.

There will be additional information released about the 50th celebration offerings.

haha, I love this so much. Really threw the whole community for a loop. And for you to go as far as to trick screamscape is genius! and best of all we all bought it too and man did that take us off the scent of this ride. A job well done and hats off to you!

EthanCoaster

Mega Poster

With this being Project 2.0, does that mean the Orient Express revival was a red herring?