What's new

Worlds of Fun | Zambezi Zinger | GCI (partial) Titan Track | 2023

wdcoats_25

Roller Poster
Do you think they will show the layout at the announcement, similar to Dollywood's reveal? Just curious since someone was reporting issues with the permits and maybe they have to change some planning around the creek.
They should have a layout prepared and ready I would assume, however it also would not shock me if there wasn’t one

i305_zack

Mega Poster
Is the coaster actually approved or not? Cuz I don’t want them announcing anything that’s not gonna happen

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Is the coaster actually approved or not? Cuz I don’t want them announcing anything that’s not gonna happen
Just think about it - are they realistically going to announce something that they haven't got approval for? It'd be insanity marketing. They'll either have, or be fairly sure they're going to get, approval if they announce something.

i305_zack

Mega Poster
Just think about it - are they realistically going to announce something that they haven't got approval for? It'd be insanity marketing. They'll either have, or be fairly sure they're going to get, approval if they announce something.
Hope ur right my guy 😂

TyStyle

Roller Poster
I know something will happen and it feels like it will be good, I was just curious if they had everything finalized, especially the layout, since the only hold up seems to be some interaction with footings around the protected creek in that area. I could see them having to make some adjustments with the layout, or adjustments with the engineering of the support structures in whatever area there is conflict.

wdcoats_25

Roller Poster
I does seem like the civil engineer in charge has a plan with the city after reading this. Hopefully this new set gets approved and they will be able to get going on the ground work. 1660135925176.png

TyStyle

Roller Poster
I watched the 2019 IAAPA with GCI's booth and I got to say, It would be out of this world if we got the dueling titan. I know the likelihood is basically nil, but that model they showed was from a fully engineered representation of what they had planned to build at a park in China before it fell through.

I'd imagine if we were getting that, there would have been teasing of dueling somewhere, which we don't see. Wishfully hoping nevertheless lol.

Indy

Hyper Poster
I watched the 2019 IAAPA with GCI's booth and I got to say, It would be out of this world if we got the dueling titan. I know the likelihood is basically nil, but that model they showed was from a fully engineered representation of what they had planned to build at a park in China before it fell through.

I'd imagine if we were getting that, there would have been teasing of dueling somewhere, which we don't see. Wishfully hoping nevertheless lol.
For what it is worth, that model was actually a wood coaster design and pre-dated titan track.

TyStyle

Roller Poster
For what it is worth, that model was actually a wood coaster design and pre-dated titan track.
Yeah I guess you're right! It just seemed like a titan for the banking and corkscrews. Maybe the steel supports had me leaning that way. However, a titan version in this style would definitely be great.

MurphNation

Mega Poster
Given it allegedly leaked two weeks ago (although @Swoosh do you have any proof you can share that it did) I'm guessing it's finalized.
No hate on @Swoosh but I’m having a hard time believing that the layout was leaked and nobody has takes a screenshot or posted It in like a week. Imagining people would’ve seen it and saved it, also what are the chances only some big “insider” guy saw it and nobody else did 🤨, just saying, none one go hating on @Swoosh though, just thinking with common sense

wdcoats_25

Roller Poster
Less than 24 hours from now, all will be revealed! This is the first coaster project in a long time where the details are all still kind of murky. Any final predictions on what will be built?
here's mine:
GCI Titan Track, 2-3 inversions, 110 ft. tall roughly, No launch, lots of airtime and quick transitions, themed to a safari

TyStyle

Roller Poster
Less than 24 hours from now, all will be revealed! This is the first coaster project in a long time where the details are all still kind of murky. Any final predictions on what will be built?
here's mine:
GCI Titan Track, 2-3 inversions, 110 ft. tall roughly, No launch, lots of airtime and quick transitions, themed to a safari
I know, I have enjoyed the ride (😏) through this process. I never get to have the same level of fun or excitement when going through teasers at other parks I sadly never get to visit.

I really like your prediction, sounds pretty reasonable. I'm going with a lift hill; 164 ft which is 50 meters, for the 50 years celebration; Spiral down like an over exaggerated helix as a reverse omage to Zinger; 3 inversions; and a tunnel.

It's out there, but it's fun 😀

Tpippin23

Roller Poster
here's mine:
I’m mostly onboard with your prediction. Only difference is that I could see a launch like Lighting Rod. Maybe not as quick as the original uphill launch, more like what it is now. Since this is GCI’s first ground up titan track I think they want this to be a trophy piece for more parks to purchase the product. Show off what GCI can create. This is big for them because of RMC. I can’t believe I’m saying that being this is Worlds of Fun. Probably the biased part of me. I see the track to look more like Outlaw Run or with possibly a burnt orange track.

webuiltplopcity

Roller Poster
my predictions of the marketing material "tree extract material in nature, this terrain adoring little doozy will propel you faster then explosive diarrhea has you running to the toilet. topping off at a whopping 427 Anaheim peppers high, the 'one time I saw a tiger in a picture coaster: the ride' is sure to thrill guests with tracks made of non-rubber and bolts made of non-string cheese."

jonnyu

Roller Poster
I know GCI isn't really known for innovation and breaking records, but a part of me hopes they're going to try to do something a little wild since they made it clear that they want to compete with RMC.

wdcoats_25

Roller Poster
I’m mostly onboard with your prediction. Only difference is that I could see a launch like Lighting Rod. Maybe not as quick as the original uphill launch, more like what it is now. Since this is GCI’s first ground up titan track I think they want this to be a trophy piece for more parks to purchase the product. Show off what GCI can create. This is big for them because of RMC. I can’t believe I’m saying that being this is Worlds of Fun. Probably the biased part of me. I see the track to look more like Outlaw Run or with possibly a burnt orange track.
I honestly think outlaw run is the perfect comparison for what this ride will be. I don't think as fast or as tall but similar elements I think are extremely likely. Plus both were the first model of it's kind for the companies