What's new

World's Loudest Coaster?

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
As many have already mentioned, Superman The Escape or Superman: Escape from Krypton (as it's now known) is the loudest. The rest of you don't know what loud is until you've heard it, which is possible from anywhere in the park (other than in X2's station). I had to turn down the volume in the video below, but you can clearly hear how it sounds just like a jet taking off (0:44).

Bpolson75

Roller Poster
Mr Freeze Reverse Blast (Premier Rides LIM Shuttle Coaster) at SFOT is one that makes me turn my head every time it goes on the track and I am walking by... not just at launch.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Another vote for Superman at SFMM that things and assault on the eardrums. Even TOT isn't quite that loud but it's a close 2nd.

Another hanourable mention for the launches on S&S air launched coasters. Those things sound like a bomb going off when the air is dumped into the system. But it's a one time sound where Superman is loud constantly.

Intamin to Win

Mega Poster
Not sure how long it was like this, but I remember last time I rode El Toro the brakes engaged and disengaged crazy loud. That and SV’s anti-rollback on the lift are the single loudest noises I’ve heard

Sky

Mega Poster
MaxxForce's launch really does sound like a cannon when it launches. Scared the living daylights out of me multiple times just walking through the park, and you could here it everywhere.

I would also like to nominate Big Thunder Mountain's (at WDW anyway, I haven't been on any of the others) lift hill inside the cave. The echo in there nearly destroys my eardrums every time.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
I would also like to nominate Big Thunder Mountain's (at WDW anyway, I haven't been on any of the others) lift hill inside the cave. The echo in there nearly destroys my eardrums every time.
Ugghhh, I hate that SO MUCH, the only ride I have to cover my ears on....

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Another vote for Superman at SFMM that things and assault on the eardrums. Even TOT isn't quite that loud but it's a close 2nd.

Another hanourable mention for the launches on S&S air launched coasters. Those things sound like a bomb going off when the air is dumped into the system. But it's a one time sound where Superman is loud constantly.
I must agree with the S&S air launch coasters. Do-dodonpa was freaking loud, not just on the ride but you could also tell the ride was about to launch because you could hear the compressed air being released with a fairly loud thud from across the park. It is really noticeable!

Honorable mention to old-school B&Ms without sandfilling, like Montu, Kumba or Dragon Khan. I just LOVE the deafening sound that these coasters make. One of my all-time favourite sound overload experiences is just sitting in the plaza by the splash on Shambhala just listening to both Khan and Shambhala run at the same time.

pajama sam

Roller Poster
Another vote for the intamin reverse freefalls - I know Tower of Terror 2 isn't around anymore, but you couldn't hear yourself think in the queue line's tunnel!
Im a local to dreamworld and i can tell you the sound of the launch is deafeningly loud from the outside.

*never actually got to ride it because i was too young (2013-ish) and i only got a pass after it closed

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Aaron Smith

Mega Poster
I love the roar of older B&M's and I have to agree that Raptor is one of the loudest coasters I've ever heard. Honorable mention goes to the lift hill on SV, as other have stated. I've never found the launch of Superman at SFMM to be extremely loud but maybe I haven't been paying that much attention to it. Either that or it's been down during most of my visits.

Alessio

Roller Poster
Nessie at Hansa Park. The coaster itself isn't particularly loud, but while riding ist is almost unbearable when entering the tunnel with the enclosed brake run. It isn't the coaster itself that is very noisy, but the small tunnel maximizes it to a level where you think you become deaf.

cookie

Giga Poster
Nessie at Hansa Park. The coaster itself isn't particularly loud, but while riding ist is almost unbearable when entering the tunnel with the enclosed brake run. It isn't the coaster itself that is very noisy, but the small tunnel maximizes it to a level where you think you become deaf.
This. For the past 10+ years of riding the coaster I’ve held my ears as the train dives into that tunnel brake run every time.

Zek_Teh_Kek

Hyper Poster
I've got another vote for Rougarou. Raptor's loud, but Rougarou is absolutely deafening, especially when the drop is RIGHT next to the entrance plaza.