What's new

worlds highest coasters

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
The thread on "worlds tallest" got me woindering what the worlds highest coaster was (height measured as sea level to the lowest point on the coasters track)

Any ideas? - a brief search mentions an alpine coaster in switzerland - but what about regular roller coasters?

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
Kingda Ka is the worlds tallest coaster standing at 456ft.
In terms of 'traditional' coasters, I believe Steel Dragon is the tallest at 318ft?

The Stratosphere Tower when it operated was 900ft above ground, though it was just a crummy family ride on a skyscraper.

I dunno how else to answer this topic, it's very open.

Ben

CF Legend
^It's not open... What's the highest coaster above sea-level... There is only one answer...

I just don't know what it is!

Ben

CF Legend
^Might not actually be the answer, dear. 900ft isn't a lot above sea-level. The coasters at Tibidabo would be higher than that.

Emmett

Giga Poster
I reckom somewhere in South America, like Peru or Chile as they are both very mountainous countries and there are parks listed on RCDB for both. Mexico City also has a few parks and the city is situated 2000m above sea level.

Interesting to find out which tradition coaster is located at the highest point above sea level. There is probably some Wacky Worm stuck up in Nepal somewhere that nobody knows about.