What's new

Wildlands Family Zoo Emmen | Tweestryd | Vekoma Dueling Family Boomerang

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster
In other news, this is just Step 1 of this zoo's diversification into the theme park sector. I was chatting with one of their team members this afternoon and he mentioned that they're currently investigating adding additional attractions that 'fit with their brand'. Has anyone had the chance to visit? A few of my colleagues have and said it's outstanding.

That is great to hear.
This is one of those parks I've been in love with for some time, but haven't actually visited yet. The whole concept and execution looks top notch.
Really hoping to get out there soon.

Lofty

CF Legend
That is great to hear.
This is one of those parks I've been in love with for some time, but haven't actually visited yet. The whole concept and execution looks top notch.
Really hoping to get out there soon.
I'm exactly the same. In terms of a zoo and wildlife experience they're certainly in a league of there own - the idea to put their Bactrian Camels in with the derailed trains was genius. Thank you Jora.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
27336550_1786949224712962_3393829264805175828_n.jpg

Source: Wildlands in Beeld

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
They actually look really cool - I'm impressed!

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
So the park are calling this ride "Tweestryd".
Tweestryd (EN: conflict, duel, to be in two minds), that is the name of Wildlands Adventure Zoo's new attraction. The Family Boomerang is located in the Serenga themed area of the park, where the care for nature is central.

Tweestryd is a coal mine closed forty years ago. The area was then returned back to nature. In the meantime nature has recovered on this spot. From the spring of 2018, guests will be able to visit the old mine and race against each other. A charity is linked to both racers; the winning team will collect money for this charity. In short: a mine with a mission!
And here's an image of the train, so the ride has started testing:-
27747681_743723522464935_5963861208668741828_o.jpg

Source:-

Last edited:

Skip6788

Roller Poster
That train looks good! Reminds me a bit of Raik.
When you look closely you can see the train has new restraints! :D

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Looks like 7 rows to me.

If you zoom in to the back of the train, you can see that there aren't any more rows once the station wall obstructs the view.

EDIT: Here's a quick photoshop job -
tfYdVrL.jpg

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
Really nice trains! They're on the shorter side, but the dueling aspect will certainly help with capacity. Does anyone knows how busy is Wildlands Zoo?

Temleh

Mega Poster
So the trains are only 7 rows? That's smaller than any train on any family boomerang...

Having two separate trains allows for a smaller number of rows on each one. The more rows you have, the more maintenance is required so shortening the trains makes a lot of sense.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
^For some reason my quote button didn't work earlier (and Temleh had posted directly afterwards so I couldn't use "^") , so I thought I'd try again and delete my original post.