Do You Like Wild Mouses?

• Love Them!

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Hate Them!

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Meh... i dont hate them, but they're not THAT fun

Votes: 10 66.7%

• Total voters
I too hate the Reverchon spinners, dont know why though. Maybe its because too many of them popped up at once?

The non-spinners are awsome though, really love them. And then there's Blackpools, which is one of the best/most ****ed up coasters in the Country!

Martyn B said:
I too hate the Reverchon spinners, dont know why though. Maybe its because too many of them popped up at once?

I'm not sure either, but my experience with Primeval Whirl at Disney taught me that something about them going around the turns is excruciatingly painful, and I really bruised up my leg on the end brakes. Maybe it's the cars? :?

Also, I've never been on BPB's wild mouse, but it looks pretty standard to me; not sure why so many people like it after watching a POV of it. There are some really awful tight looking turns that look like they hurt a lot and some meh looking drops that might offer a pop of air or two. Someone from the UK fill me in on this one.

Pieman said:
Also, I've never been on BPB's wild mouse, but it looks pretty standard to me; not sure why so many people like it after watching a POV of it. There are some really awful tight looking turns that look like they hurt a lot and some meh looking drops that might offer a pop of air or two. Someone from the UK fill me in on this one.

That Mouse can not be described or viewed, it must just be ridden.

Totally agree. Blackpool's wild mouse is something else, one of the the most exhilarating, if painful rides. You just can't compare it to any other wild mice (see what I did there). Between that and the Gnash, I'd more than suggest Blackpool is worth coming to the UK for.

I quite like a wild mouse in general though - I have a bit of a masochistic coaster streak. If it doesn't leave its mark, you're not doing it right :wink: Although this really only applies to woodies and wild mice (hee hee).

Sue Shaw said:
Totally agree. Blackpool's wild mouse is something else, one of the the most exhilarating, if painful rides. You just can't compare it to any other wild mice (see what I did there). Between that and the Gnash, I'd more than suggest Blackpool is worth coming to the UK for.

Ah, well, I have wanted to go to the UK for a while and go on an amusement parking spree, I just...don't have a job and consequently don't have the funds for the massive airfare. :wink:

Sue Shaw said:
I have a bit of a masochistic coaster streak. If it doesn't leave its mark, you're not doing it right :wink: Although this really only applies to woodies and wild mice (hee hee).

I got off Rolling Thunder the other day and wanted to go on it again, I think I have the same problem. Maybe I should get my head examined. :?

Sue Shaw said:
I have a bit of a masochistic coaster streak. If it doesn't leave its mark, you're not doing it right
You've not been on T'Ultimate yet, have you? It'll give you a "crisis".

But yeah, to keep the OT. Pretty much what other people have said.... Spinning wild mice are pewtch, but that said, I usually find myself pissing myself laughing most of the way round. Standard wild mice are very meh. The trims/break runs on them are also generally vile.

The only mouse I can get excited about is the woodie at PBB. Just so ridiculous and unsafe feeling, it's fab! <3

PS. Do I get points for using 3 Jake catchphrases in one post? ;)

Ha ha <3 Top Gear - Clarkson's tower this week gave me a Victorian crisis, and made me wet myself with laughter!
Now I really want to go on t'Ultimate!

As you say, back on topic, Blackpool's is one of a kind. All others are a bit meh

Went on rattlesnake yesterday - wasn't quite as painful as when we went the other week though - no bruises this time :(

Pieman said:
Sue Shaw said:

Ah, well, I have wanted to go to the UK for a while and go on an amusement parking spree, I just...don't have a job and consequently don't have the funds for the massive airfare. :wink:

Let's try and put it into some kind of perspective.

An Arrow/Morgan hyper coaster like Steel Force in wood becomes El Toro in the same way a standard steel wild mouse becomes the wooden Blackpool Mouse.

Does that make sense?

Steel Force is pretty much a similar ride to El Toro. High, steep big first drop and lots of airtime hills and some wiggly bits. However, the actual difference in the rides is massive.

That's what it's like. Take the steel wild mouse formula and increase the excitement factor about the same as you would to get from Steel Force to El Toro.

Every tight turns feels like the ride will tip you out. You don't get laterals, because the car tips over to the side by about 30 degrees.

Each dip throws you out of your seat due to the fact all that's holding you in is a seat belt that doesn't actually touch you, and may as well not be there at all.

Every moment from leaving the station, you fear for your life. Even the lift hill, where you have to duck if you're tall otherwise you'd bang your head on the track crossing above you!

Southport's wasn't quite as good, but it was still special.

Me? I hate them all. I hate the pain from the laterals and the pain from airtime. Dislike... No matter how fab... :)

Generally dislike them. As steel goes, Scooby Doos Spooky Coaster seems rather special. Custom layout, vertical lift, reverse section complete with fantastic scenery and theming make it an awesome ride. Wood? Well Wild Mouse at PBB speaks for itself. Airtime! All others that I've ridden... Meh...

It was interesting.Me+my mate shared a carriage at the bpb one and he ende up with a huge bruise on his arm from the restraints! i got lucky
! :p

More love for BPB's woodie from me.

Also, more hate for spinning mice.

I enjoy the Gerstlauer and Mack versions where the track is configured differently to make the hairpins longer (based on riding Gesengte Sau, Matterhorn Blitz and Dark Knight coaster)

Even then the hairpins are still the worst part for me, I only enjoy the steep sharp drops that always throw you out of your seat, Blackpools really shines through here, the car drops so much quicker than you that it feels like you're going to land on the track as the car rolls on infront.

The Blackpool one is something else, especcialy in the rain! Normal wild mouses have to be in the rain though to be good. Otherwise, their just average.

Never judge a ride by a POV, it's that simple, wait until you ride it before giving an opinion on it.

A lot of people think the Wild Mouse at PB is a kids ride, and come off it knowing it was a stupid assumption they made.

I guess the third option.

I like em, can't say love...but they are always fun. In a way they are one of the more twisted rides out there!
As a kid I was horrified for my life, at least now I'm ready for it. Also they have those crazy drops and tiny hills that can really launch you out of the seat!
Wouldn't wait long for one and wouldn't go out of my way though...but yeah a fun ride.

Love wooden wild mouse

My opinion of I don't hate them but their not good only applies to steel wild mouse coasters. I am a huge fan of the wooden wild mouse at blackpool pb