What's new

Wild Mouse at BPB Closure - R.I.P. 1958-2017

rob666

Hyper Poster
The National is listed, so they cannot just decide to pull it down. They are stuck with it, open or closed.
I was told by an extremely solid source that the mouse was gone for good in the early autumn, people on the park who I have known for years would not look me in the eye when I talked to them about it...insisting that no formal decision had been made.
I posted on a couple of sites what I had heard, and got a lot of grief for repeating what I had been told, and accused of making it up.
It never reopened.
As Pete A said, people came off with bruises and tears, regularly.
H&S were satisfied that the ride could reopen, but it ended up extremely costly to run, and the issues with the ride were never resolved to the satisfaction of the parks owners.
You just can't keep throwing money down a hole, you go bust in the end if you do.

sandgrown

Mega Poster
I've had a tonne of my own bruises on The Mouse. I know.
Okay. After work I'm finally going to do a post about the 90's Pleasure Beach. This circular discussion will carry on chasing its tail here, so instead I'll kill my saudade with an outpouring of nostalgia. New thread to come tonight.

rob666

Hyper Poster
Good one sandgrown...
Saudade...cracking album by Thievery Corporation.
Soundtrack to your new topic.

Dan1989

Mega Poster
The mouse was an ace little coaster but nothing lasts forever. Does anyone remember King Solon's Mines in Southport? I was only young when I went on that but I do remember it packing just as much punch as Wild Mouse, but yet it just vanished without a trace

Coaster

Mega Poster
It sounds like they really care after this weekend. If calling their guests "tits" and telling them to "deal with it" after absolutely abysmal operations counts as caring, that is.

Dipper_Dave

Roller Poster
The mouse was an ace little coaster but nothing lasts forever. Does anyone remember King Solon's Mines in Southport? I was only young when I went on that but I do remember it packing just as much punch as Wild Mouse, but yet it just vanished without a trace

King Solomon’s Mines moved from Morecambe when Frontierland closed. It was taken down at Southport and moved to Margate for Dreamland then ended up sitting in a car park rotting, last I heard. It was fun but not as good as Blackpool’s Mouse

Sandman

Giga Poster
"it sounds like"
"it feels like"
"it comes across as though"

All very subjective and pointless arguing over. Just because you feel a certain way doesn't mean things are exactly as you perceive them. And you can refer to Efteling's treatment of Bob as though there is an official procedure for the removal of a ride, but there isn't. It is absolutely fine to be gutted about Wild Mouse, but as soon as you purport your opinion as fact then you're coming into the discussion with a certain bias. It's all entirely subjective.

RevolutionRuleZ

Mega Poster
King Solomon’s Mines moved from Morecambe when Frontierland closed. It was taken down at Southport and moved to Margate for Dreamland then ended up sitting in a car park rotting, last I heard. It was fun but not as good as Blackpool’s Mouse

It was a mirror image of the original BPB mouse. It left the station and turned left to the lift where the BPB mouse went right. It also went straight into the S bends as the BPB mouse did before it was extended in the 60s

Sandman

Giga Poster
I used to love the enclosed final section of ride in the darkness when it was at Frontierland. Not something I'd give a **** about now, but as a kid it was somehow one of my fave coaster moments.

Dipper_Dave

Roller Poster
I loved the Frontierland Mouse, though Blackpool’s was better. The FL trio of Texas Tornado (Cyclone), Log Flume & Wild Mouse was brilliant. Oh and the bizarre cableway that went out the park, across the main road then back in