What's new

Why isn't that movie/tv show a ride?

kimahri

CF Legend
Tron Booster Bike? :3

Call of Duty is a massive franchise but doesn't need a ride, just go to Thorpe and you can have pubescent teens scream obscenities at you and done.

I agree with Andrus, and his glorious glowing body and flowing locks, and Slappy, Bioshock's Rapture would be an amazing setting for a dark ride and I can't really think of much else, Portal doesn't really work as a ride imo. REZ / Child of Eden? Katamari could work?

AJ

Giga Poster
Casper the friendly ghost <3

That BLATENT cred in the film where she goes down the stairs in the chair and through all the washing stuff <3

Luxornv

Mega Poster
furie said:
marc said:
Shocked there is no Star Trek ride, I know there uses to be something but it went years ago.

Borg: Assimilator wasn't it? One was a Vekoma Flier, was there another one?

Star Trek was dead in the water until the reboot so it's hardly surprising. Doctor Who is an odd one, I can't work out if it's popular enough or not - probably for a kid's ride, yeah. However, I think people want more like the show in London than a ride.

It probably would have remained as Borg Assimilator if Paramount hadn't sold the parks. However, I don't think it was ever a notable example of a movie/show themed ride.

I also like how the Simpsons Ride acknowledges the Back to the Future ride.

Though with the onset of The Avengers and related characters, I'm surprised that there weren't more Marvel themed rides, specifically Iron Man.

andrus

Giga Poster
kimahri said:
I agree with Andrus, and his glorious glowing body and flowing locks, and Slappy, Bioshock's Rapture would be an amazing setting for a dark ride and I can't really think of much else, Portal doesn't really work as a ride imo. REZ / Child of Eden? Katamari could work?
Haha! You're funny :p And a bit scary sometimes.. :wink:

I was watching Star Wars the other day and then I thought of this topic. Since Disney own the Star Wars rights, and since Disney prefers more gentle thrill-rides that the whole family could enjoy; why not buy a B&M wing rider and theme it to X-wings?? That would be freaking awesome! Imagine the X-wings navigating tight manouvers in an environment themed to the deathstar and going through small keyholes ala Luke Skywalker himself!!

Edward M

Strata Poster
A Volare that is indoors and themed to Silence of the Lambs. It could be called Hannibal Lector's Death Machine.

fefa

Mega Poster
I've often dreamed of an Alice in Wonderland spinning coaster with the chassis themed of mad hatter's tea cups.