What's new

Why is an SLC at the number 1 spot?

Snoo

The Legend
That system needs a whole revamp.. but none of us know how or have the time to do it (I believe that was the discussion.. lol).

Hell, RFII has 4-5 '10' ratings and it isn't even listed.

elmerfudd

Mega Poster
Its not exactly that boring, the theming is really good for starters and it looks better than a normal SLC

Ollie

CF Legend
Yes, but just because it has some rocks around it doesn't make it the best coaster. It's still an SLC and nothing can hide that. :p

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Ollie said:
Yes, but just because it has some rocks around it doesn't make it the best coaster. It's still an SLC and nothing can hide that. :p

So out of the 100% of the world's SLC's you've been on, you know that they're all rough?

I actually really like the standard SLC layout, I think it's great, it's just the pain that tends to detract from the ride. Put into an awesome bit of theming, I'll bet they're incredible, especially if they're well looked after and well built (i.e. smooth).

The system works fine. We take an average of the scores. An average of this score is 10. Works for me. Why don't you head on over and ride it, then you can come back and give us a true opinion? ;)

Anyway, it's not Number 1! It's just one of the coasters with a 10 rating. The list is randomly sorted, so any coaster with a 10 rating can float to the top.

I know how to add rides Snoo, it's just a chore and I can't actually remember quite how to do it :p I will update at some point :)

Snoo

The Legend
Furie said:
I know how to add rides Snoo, it's just a chore and I can't actually remember quite how to do it.. I will update at some point.

See everyone? Told ya. :p

Inverse

Hyper Poster
I think the theming on this ride looks amazing. I also think the standard SLC layout is good. I can't deny roughness on the SLCs i've ridden, but i don't think all coasters have to be like skating on silk laden ice.

Maybe there could be a 5 vote minimum on Force Factors, however. Something called Turtle Twist was up in the 10s for a while wasn't it?

A

Anonymous

Would the SLC be better if it was B&M or Intamin that made it keeping the same layout?

TBH SLC's are good compact coasters does it matter if it is partialy rough.

Kebab

Giga Poster
Because of it being such a common clone it definately does not deserve to be one of the worlds best. I prefer uniqueness over anything to sneak up to a 10 rating, not just making a standard ride pretty. :)

Pierre

Strata Poster
Ollie, you're out of touch, I'm out of time, so its time to end this crazy rhyme!

This has been discussed on numerous occasions previously and I suggest you pay more attention. Thank you.

dj-fireball999

Mega Poster
Just because SLCs are common, it doesn't make them bad coasters. SLCs that I have been on weren't really rough at all to be honest, and I really like the layout. It packs a punch in a small space. Plus they look great! The restraints are pretty horrible, kinda massive and hard. That should get better, as Vekoma now have new seating designs which look a lot better, and with reports that they are a lot more comfortable, with very little headbanging and a much smoother ride, it's a win.

http://www.capemaycountyherald.com/arti ... aster-seat

Mayan Adventure looks fantastic, with fantastic scenery, and foot chopper moments. It's a ride that I really want to go on.

Danzibarr

Mega Poster
Anyone else think the new Vekoma harnesses have taken perhaps too much inspiration from the B&M flyers? (in the video above)

dj-fireball999

Mega Poster
Possible, but I reckon that it's because they know that they have a problem with headbanging, so they've reduced it to something soft that your head can't actually hit!