What's new

Why Do You Go to Amusement Parks?

Why do you go to amusement parks?

• For the coasters

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • For everything (shows, flat rides, coasters, overly expensive food, the works)

• Just as a fun time with friends

• For everything BUT the coasters (won't happen on this website but others may say it)

• Other (Please Specify)

• Total voters

bizarrofan10

Hyper Poster
why do I go to parks

Except for a few exceptions, I go to parks for the coasters. Take one day, about six or seven hours, enter at park opening, ride the coasters and flats, and get out, and then on to the next park. Although, there are a few exceptions where parks go above the beyond the only-coaster norm and have other activities and theming that make me want to get the over-all fun experience!

Ingested Banjo

Mega Poster
It's the coasters definitely. Having friends there makes it a much better day than going with one friend or on your own, but if I just wanted to hang out with friends I'd go do something a little cheaper. Yes, I'd be more excited if I was going with a bunch of friends, and I love watching my friends' reactions to scary rides or my favourite rides, but I'm always looking forward to riding the coasters in my mind, more than messing around with my friends.

Also, definitely not for escapism. I like places like legoland that feel a bit out of the dull world, but Thorpe park is an un-themed, chav beehive and so doesn't really bring you out of normal life that much. The other reason it's not an escape is because I find all the public transport getting to the park outweighs any escape feeling I get when I'm there because it's so stressful!

metalhead7

Mega Poster
i'd probably say the first and third options, i don't really ride too many flat rides but at the same time I'd feel really stupid going without friends

reddude333

Giga Poster
Although I voted "for the coasters", my favorite part of going to a park is the atmosphere...I used to live in Washington and that being said, not many parks in the vicinity...so I have this overwhelming sense of happiness when I enter a bigtime park...but the coasters are what got me into amusement parks as a whole.

pebs34

Roller Poster
The first time i visit a park is for the coasters, however if i dont like everything about the park, atmosphere,flats etc i will not go again. A good park has to have more than just some good coasters.

s15c

Mega Poster
The recurring theme everywhere I ask this is "For the coasters except for a few exceptions like Disney World." Interesting in my opinion.

alexr

Hyper Poster
I love the atmosphere of parks. Especially Blackpool used to have a great an Amazing atmosphere in the days on pay per ride and the park was onen to 1am.
God I miss Geoffrey Thompson....

Also Disneys Atmosphere when I was younger used to feel magical, Same with IOA.

Also the rides sometimes play a part however M&D's I didn't care what the rides were because I was with friends and having a good time anyway.

NejiHyuga900

Roller Poster
Theme parks are one of my favorite places to go. Ironically, I don't go to a theme park that often only because they are very pricy. Although, I mostly went to Daytona Lagoon in Daytona, FL.

Mr. X

Roller Poster
It depends on the park. If it's Disney, everything. If it's Universal, I want everything but I don't really get it. If it's anywhere else, just the coasters.

Artichoke

Mega Poster
If it's a Disney Park, I'm there for everything. The shows, the rides... Everything is amazing when it comes to Disney. You can't just pick a favorite.

Regular Theme Parks, I'm definitely there for the Coasters, but also to have an awesome time with friends. I also love the atmosphere of a Theme Park. The smell of the food, and the people around me having as much fun as I am. I'm a little torn on making a decision, but if I had to make a choice? Coasters :--D

reddude333

Giga Poster
s15c, I'd just like to point out that if you are trying to make the point that the majority of people go to parks for coasters you have to keep in mind that this is a roller coaster forum so most of the people here will lean toward that being their main reason to go to amusement parks...