What's new

Who will win the superbowl

Ian said:
I'm guessing that you (kitsune) will be cheering on The Colts as the Saints' mascot is a dog and they hunt foxes.

For some reason I am a saints fan. Mainly due do my ex BF Kit who lives in New Orleans and the fact they are a good team.

Yes I played grid iron in high school I was Wide Receiver or Tight End. It is a tough game to play but I liked it. I like to watch the games on Chan 5 or the ones BBC show from time to time.

Snoo, I think anyone watching that vid can understand why football players wear pads.

And I'm going for the Colts. :)

The Saints won 31-17 what a game all out from the start no man left unchecked. One that goes down in history as a key game.

Finaly they get there win and there place in the books.

I pulled for the Colts, but the Saints played a good game. This game wasn't interesting until the 4th quarter, the commercials were NOT memorable this year.

Although I really detest Saints fans, even before the game started I was annoyed of "WHO DAT?"

I am aware the Saints fans were rather loud and rowdy for hours before the game. The french quarter looked to be jumpin.

from nothing to superbowl winners in 4 years thanks to Sean Paiton.

Ian said:
I'm guessing that you (kitsune) will be cheering on The Colts as the Saints' mascot is a dog and they hunt foxes.

Ian can have lots of love for that! (Remind me to bring the prossie to the Alton Live ;) )

And I hope that, like me, Ciall was merely saying that American footballers are pansies by comparison to sports like Rugby. Which is not disimilar but sans lots and lots of padding :p

Compared to lazy sods like us, they are not pansies, far from it. (But still not rugby players...)

Well done to Southampton on winning the superbowl as a final note! Perhaps they should start concentrating on the football league again and their current horrid predicament.. :roll:

Homer said:
I pulled for the Colts, but the Saints played a good game. This game wasn't interesting until the 4th quarter, the commercials were NOT memorable this year.

Although I really detest Saints fans, even before the game started I was annoyed of "WHO DAT?"

You think that's bad, imagine living by Bengals fans shouting "WHO DEY!" and "NEXT YEAR IS OUR YEAR!" year in and year out. MUCH more annoying.

I didn't watch the game, but saw some highlights. Good game by the Saints. Bring on college football and my beloved Buckeyes.

Neal said:
Well done to Southampton on winning the superbowl as a final note! Perhaps they should start concentrating on the football league again and their current horrid predicament.. :roll:

EXCUSE ME.

NORTHampton are the only Saints worth talking about.

Hey Snoo will Ohio State make it to National next year?! :p

Saints played a great game. I felt that the Colts seemed to lose composure after the third quarter following the ballsy onside kick call by Payton, but good on for the Saints, and it's such a great story for New Orleans, like Kitsune said, what a way to go from nothing to SB champs in 4 years.

^So much confidence in something that will never be..... :p (I'm just saying that because I know that it sure as hell won't be Texas unless Case McCoy does something good.)

Right...I tried watching it, and I repeat tried.

I made sure I stayed up, caught the BBC telling me all the rules...twice, and I though 'I think I've got it!'

Then the game started.

I was so lost xD It didn't help the game kept stopping so much so that the first 'quarter' lasted well over 20 mins...

But I suppose Americans d need extra time to get their snacks...oh wait, they're thrown at them xD Maybe that's why Americans aren't too fond of "Soccer" as there is only one break and it requires them to get out of their seat to get food...

Anywho, back to the game: It was too stop start really, and there was little atmosphere unless they seemed to get a "third", which wasn't too often.

I tried, ok, I tried, but in the end, gave up after the first "quarter".

Always better then watching endlessly boring soccer.. even if I needed to stuff myself with my endless supplies of straight fat that I have in my fridge.

OMFG I'M SO DAMN FAT!

NOM NOM NOM!

SnooSnoo said:
Always better then watching endlessly boring soccer.. even if I needed to stuff myself with my endless supplies of straight fat that I have in my fridge.

OMFG I'M SO DAMN FAT!

NOM NOM NOM!

Yeah but does American Football show a lack of attention span? Breaking up the play into 'quaters' which can often be after 10-20 mins of play compared to the one stoppage which is half-time after a 45 (plus injury) minute passage of play in Football (Soccer).

Bare in mind most Americans will agree with you that the breaks are annoying, as there's a lot less in college football and that'd be alright to watch. Still don't like it though, it's only interesting if in the last quarter the game is close.

The only time I like a ton of commercial breaks is during the super bowl when you know there are going to be a bunch of funny commercials.

Dave said:
SnooSnoo said:

OMFG I'M SO DAMN FAT!

NOM NOM NOM!

Yeah but does American Football show a lack of attention span? Breaking up the play into 'quaters' which can often be after 10-20 mins of play compared to the one stoppage which is half-time after a 45 (plus injury) minute passage of play in Football (Soccer).

do american football players have to flop around and act like theyre seriously injured and hold their faces for 25 minutes like soccer players do? doubtful lol